• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is "losing their mind" or "can't handle it" that someone was punched; the issue is that the DIRTCar rulebook is a complete joke if their own policies are not followed, especially for a repeat o

I dont mind guys punching each other but during COIVD they should adhere to the 6ft distancing rule.

In most cases a repeat offender is dealt with harder than with their first offense. If I recall, Matt was sat down for a few races after his deal with Larry Wight. This time though.... nothing!?!?  An

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

I'm sure everyone's seen Tim McCreadie's great interview last week at East Bay about Fear = Respect. I think he's spot on.

What's everyone else's take on that?

I agree 100%.

• Like 2

After thinking about it for a few hours my problem isn’t with Matt, he’s just doing what dirtcar is allowing him to do. He’s a great wheelman that has dean and all the dirtcar officials in his pocket. They don’t have the sacks to punish or suspend him. You reading this dean?

• Like 2

DIRTcar cannot ignore this.  If they demand any kind of respect, they need to address this publicly.  Their swiftness in addressing it....AND any decisions made because of it will speak volumes.

3 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

DIRTcar cannot ignore this.  If they demand any kind of respect, they need to address this publicly.  Their swiftness in addressing it....AND any decisions made because of it will speak volumes.

It’s too late.  They missed their window.

• Like 1

One of the first times I went to Oswego, maybe ‘98 or so, i saw something I had never seen before or since. Apparently the week before, Jeff West and Doug Didero had some kind of dust up with the vast majority thinking Didero should have been suspended. Track management did nothing, so when the Supermodified teams showed up the next week and saw Didero unloading, half of them parked outside the turn 3 gate and refused to race. I think they had maybe 12 cars in the pit area and 15 more locked up in their trailers out in the lot... fans were not pleased to say the least. 

30 minutes ago, Dustmask99 said:

It’s too late.  They missed their window.

Well, I would tend to agree!  The first test is the next show and who is allowed to compete.  Failing that, they quickly lose any opportunity to retain any sense of fairness from the racing public.  I understand that Matt was allowed to compete tonight.

they are probably fearing the fact that he traveled all the way to florida and to sit him for the last 2 races would be the end of dirtcar and 9s.losing cars to brett deyo and no longer running the super dirt series is a big no no.

2 hours ago, ChrisAkulis said:

One of the first times I went to Oswego, maybe ‘98 or so, i saw something I had never seen before or since. Apparently the week before, Jeff West and Doug Didero had some kind of dust up with the vast majority thinking Didero should have been suspended. Track management did nothing, so when the Supermodified teams showed up the next week and saw Didero unloading, half of them parked outside the turn 3 gate and refused to race. I think they had maybe 12 cars in the pit area and 15 more locked up in their trailers out in the lot... fans were not pleased to say the least. 

I remember reading an article a few years ago about Danny Creeden saying he was going to call 5 mile his Saturday night track, but later was told by the track that the other drivers didn't want him there on Saturdays. But the track said he could run specials. I'm guessing that was because of all the problems he was causing. He was a BIG whiner at OCFS, he would complain about every other team in the pits especially Tommy Meier. Mean while he would run over half the field. Creeden has changed his attitude some what since then. I think he was banned from Thunder Mountain for a short time also. 

Matt has just been given the keys to the Kingdom and is now running rough shot over everyone. And I'm sure him struggling with his car isn't making him feel any better. 

I wouldn't mind hearing what Brett Deyo thinks about this as Matt runs his series as well. What would he do if Matt did that on his series?

12 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I watched Kenny race for years and he is one of my all-time favorite drivers.  Sat with him on a picnic table at Fonda a few years back while he was signing and talking to people. Told me so many funny stories.  The two of them racing would have been great. I dont think out of the car Sheppard would have ever even taken a step towards "The Shoe".  Lol.  Kenny wasnt a Max or a Larry.

My father was a crewman for Red Knoblauch in the mid 50's when Kenny won his 1st feature @ Fonda in Red's car.....#13 flathead Ford

19 hours ago, TopDog said:

Wow, what happened to freedom of speech? Would someone like to tell me why my posts are getting deleted or edited? Maybe what I posted would explain why Princess Matt has been in such a bad mood lately.

Certain wheelmen are off limits to criticism. In politics they call it a double standard, on DTD they just call it favoritism.

• Like 2

DIRTcar's decision (or lack thereof) says a lot. I just hope the next time someone who isn't Matt Sheppard drives on the track the wrong way, stops a competitor on track, enters a competitor's pit area and then punches the competitor, is treated the same way that MS was. They have now set the precedent for all altercations moving forward at any DIRTcar sanctioned event as far as I'm concerned. 

At our local tracks, you can get suspended just for entering another pit area, let alone pulling a stunt like MS did. 

Max obviously made a bonehead move, but this exact same situation happens at Cornwall Speedway anytime it rains the day before or the day of a race. Water builds up on the bottom of the track, somebody drives in to it and gets in to a competitor or splashes water up on the track and causes a wreck. You do not see people reacting like MS did. 

If they would have hit sidebars, this would had been a totally different situation. Unfortunately Max hit his left front and it shoved the nose of the car causing MS to get in to Britten. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

DIRTcar's decision (or lack thereof) says a lot. I just hope the next time someone who isn't Matt Sheppard drives on the track the wrong way, stops a competitor on track, enters a competitor's pit area and then punches the competitor, is treated the same way that MS was. They have now set the precedent for all altercations moving forward at any DIRTcar sanctioned event as far as I'm concerned. 

At our local tracks, you can get suspended just for entering another pit area, let alone pulling a stunt like MS did. 

Max obviously made a bonehead move, but this exact same situation happens at Cornwall Speedway anytime it rains the day before or the day of a race. Water builds up on the bottom of the track, somebody drives in to it and gets in to a competitor or splashes water up on the track and causes a wreck. You do not see people reacting like MS did. 

If they would have hit sidebars, this would had been a totally different situation. Unfortunately Max hit his left front and it shoved the nose of the car causing MS to get in to Britten. 

I think if someone went into the pits and messed up Brett Hearn's hair (especially during the blond highlight years) DIRT/WRG would suspend that person....so yea its a double standard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

You fellas gotta start driving to give lessons then start a racing  series to show world how to run it then become a judge to show us how to hand out justice  .....Senate could use you fellas today 

I dont have any skin in the game (like most everyone on here) but I don't care whether he's suspended or not. Imo Max had it coming from other drivers. But I predict DIRT will suspend Matt from some early season race that he probably wouldn't attend anyhow to save face. And DIRT dropped the ball here big time. You just can't allow that to happen. As much as I don't care shame on them.

In most cases a repeat offender is dealt with harder than with their first offense. If I recall, Matt was sat down for a few races after his deal with Larry Wight. This time though.... nothing!?!?  And to me this was worse because he had a good 30-40 minutes to cool off after the incident and he didn’t. At least with the Larry attack you could argue ‘heat of the moment’ or some other nonsense.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, BillSmith said:

The thing about a series having integrity -- if the series has integrity, it will have all of the big stars and the little guys because everyone knows they will be treated fairly. 

If you have a series where a handful of guys get whatever they want, you have a couple of stars and an empty pit area. And empty pit areas lead to empty grandstands.

This is so true. 

3 minutes ago, macho said:

I dont have any skin in the game (like most everyone on here) but I don't care whether he's suspended or not. Imo Max had it coming from other drivers. But I predict DIRT will suspend Matt from some early season race that he probably wouldn't attend anyhow to save face. And DIRT dropped the ball here big time. You just can't allow that to happen. As much as I don't care shame on them.

Nobody knows what DIRT has or hasn't done What was said or wasn't said between players here What did or did not happen in pits .....Whether  DIRT dropped ball or still holding the ball  You fellas are just speculating It is there business not yours   ......3 sides to every story  He said, she said , and little bit of both It's all Entertainment that's what DIRT is selling if you don't like it change channel but if MS is not on I'm not buying To each his own .......DIRT could have black flagged Max on spot they chose not to so you could use argument they created problem and MS solved problem ...Max clearly wrecked Rudolph with 500 ft to checkers while Rudolph had it won at LOL DIRT SUPER SERIES RACE  ....No question  IDK but I don't belief Max was penalized other than maybe losing ride eventually ..either way it's yesterdays news and show goes on ....If you don't like show don't go but before you do as CJ Richards would tell you up front It's his sandbox ......Buy me out or shut up ......

The lack of any kind of punishment says a lot folks. And the fact he was able to race the next night, Dean should be ashamed of himself. Something I was thinking of, how many of these incidents has Matt been in over the years? And what punishment did he get?

Side note the apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree. Take it nobody has seen the old man in action in the pits before. Yeah...

• Like 4

Max's move was a little over- enthusiastic for a first corner move for sure, but that's a racing incident.  I understand being upset over it, maybe even giving him some arm-flailing business on the track and maybe a couple birds to the sky.  But anything beyond that is just being a child.  But like someone else posted above, he's just doing what it appears he's being permitted to do.  

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, ronald said:

The Shoe goes up against the Champ in a ten rounder at Fonda Garden.

C41569E6-DE98-4105-89A1-5CE4D89D7198.jpeg

There you go ....I watched KS as a young fella at Fonda ......Greatest generation ,fool with the bull you could get the horn and instantly ......Real men who would not do well in these times Insult there family , insult there wife's , intentionally wreck them payback was coming , and stands were full  and guess what ? FEAR was RESPECT  Any fool can wreck someone but takes some talent to drive by them ......The Cancel Culture today tries to rule country in all subjects .....

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, old racer said:

Nobody knows what DIRT has or hasn't done What was said or wasn't said between players here What did or did not happen in pits .....Whether  DIRT dropped ball or still holding the ball  You fellas are just speculating It is there business not yours   ......3 sides to every story  He said, she said , and little bit of both It's all Entertainment that's what DIRT is selling if you don't like it change channel but if MS is not on I'm not buying To each his own .......DIRT could have black flagged Max on spot they chose not to so you could use argument they created problem and MS solved problem ...Max clearly wrecked Rudolph with 500 ft to checkers while Rudolph had it won at LOL DIRT SUPER SERIES RACE  ....No question  IDK but I don't belief Max was penalized other than maybe losing ride eventually ..either way it's yesterdays news and show goes on ....If you don't like show don't go but before you do as CJ Richards would tell you up front It's his sandbox ......Buy me out or shut up ......

You’re wrong bud.  We know exactly what DIRT hasn’t done.  Princess was on the racetrack last night, presented on social media and interviewed like nothing happened.

Secondly, it isn’t hear say.  There’s a video.

I don’t believe ER25 went into Max’s pit at LOL and engaged in physical altercation, right?  All of the racing deals are left on the racetrack.

Super Stomper has issues.  Keep beliefing what you want...

• Like 4

I have no problem with fighting, throwing punches, going after guys who deserve it, but Matt only targets guys where he can get away with it. I know quite a few guys that race that could drive their racecar right through Matt’s garage, wreck every car he has and kick his dog.....he would do nothing but grab a broom and start sweeping up the mess. 

• Like 2