• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is "losing their mind" or "can't handle it" that someone was punched; the issue is that the DIRTCar rulebook is a complete joke if their own policies are not followed, especially for a repeat o

I dont mind guys punching each other but during COIVD they should adhere to the 6ft distancing rule.

In most cases a repeat offender is dealt with harder than with their first offense. If I recall, Matt was sat down for a few races after his deal with Larry Wight. This time though.... nothing!?!?  An

Posted Images

1 hour ago, niatros said:

Max was spotted at Volusia looking for his teeth, and Matt will be working security for Hendrick today.

Super Matt should be embarrassed.....a completely free shot at someone.....a little guy at that.....from point blank range and not 1 Mark on Max. Either he hits like an old lady or Max is captain America....and I’m not pegging Max as an action hero. That in itself is punishment enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you guys don't think Matt has an anger issue you haven't been around racing very long. He has a deep history of flying off the handle and temper tantrums. At the same time he has helped a lot of other drivers. Like I said before. 

Most drivers seem to have that jeckle and hyde issue, but it comes and goes with putting on the helmet and taking it off. Matt had ample time to cool off and realize it wasn't intentional. And should of stayed out of Max's pit all together that night.

In Florida there is a "Stand Your Ground" Law: 

Florida's "stand your ground" law was enacted in 2005 and allows residents of the state to use deadly force if they "reasonably believe" they are at risk of death or great bodily harm.

AS for assault in Florida:

In Florida, an assault is intentional threats, words or actions that cause a person to feel afraid of impending violence. Battery is actual offensive physical contact, such as punching another person or hitting someone with an object. (Fla. Stat. § § 784.011, 784.03). This article discusses aggravated assault and battery in Florida.

In New York:

Assault in the third degree has several subsections, one of which is reckless assault, which is like negligence. It means that you displayed disregard in a reckless way, but you didn’t intend to cause physical injury.

Examples of assault in the third degree include:

• Punching someone to cause a black eye
  • Pushing someone down to cause a bruise

Misdemeanors are less serious than felonies but still carry fines and the potential for jail. Felonies are very serious offenses that are usually punished with jail time and fines. 

So yeah, actually Matt could get in to a lot of trouble. His actions when he attacked Larry Wight could of had very serious consequences if Wight had pressed charges.

Unless you go to Bowman Gray Stadium, you are usually going to a track to race. Not to attack someone cause they made a mistake that didn't even take you out of the race or actual damage your car. 99% of the guys in Matt's situation would of cooled off by then. Though I also blame WRG for the incident even happening. Officials should of been in the pits monitoring the situation as soon as the race was over.  Matt showed his frustration on the track and I think Max easily got the point. There was no reason for further escalation in the pits afterwards.

It is now 2021, this is a very different age from even just 2010.  And far different then anything before that. Laws are stricter, cameras are everywhere, and information is instantaneous. And well people are just really really more sensitive to basically everything. Matt's professional situation makes him pretty lucky, he doesn't really have to worry about losing sponsorship for his actions, or any penalty that will really affect him because he is pretty much the top dog and I guess top draw for the fans. But that is also giving him a sense of entitlement and feeding and issue he has with his anger. So when he does lose his temper, he doesn't worry about consequences.

Matt severely over reacted. I've seen Bob McCreadie and Brett Hearn start on the front row at Rolling Wheels, and at the very start of the race Bob McCreadie spun Brett as they came off turn 4 for the green. There wasn't a fight on the track, there wasn't a fight in the pits. (there was a fight in the stands though between two fans but that was in the middle of the race so I have no idea what that was over). But I just don't see what kept Matt so angry through a whole feature race, plus 20 to 30 minutes after the race before he could even talk to Max. That kept him steaming so badly. 

• Like 1

Macho Name Meaning. Spanish: nickname from macho ‘mule’, applied to denote an idiot 

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I think they may think you have Nancy fever or Orangeman style derangement .....Also LeBron was warned by NBA for flopping .....No marks no injuries ? Is there a flopping rule at tracks now ? LeBron was fined $5000 in 2013 by NBA also :drinks:

1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

And well people are just really really more sensitive to basically everything.

Here's the problem right here.

On top of social media and the fact that everyone has a camera everywhere. How do we know that stuff like what happened the other night didn't happen in the past? There's a little known fact that one time at Rockingham in 1990, Harry Gant layed out Alan Kulwicki after a race for an incident that happened out on the track. If that happened today that would get more coverage than the race itself.

Imagine the firestorm if we had a scenario like 40 years ago with Horton waiting for Hearn and planting him in the wall happen today??

Would you rather see them use their cars as weapons to retaliate against each other or settle it like men in the pits? You think what Matt did afterwards was so bad, but what if he floored it on the track and rammed Max head on? Then I would talk about anger issues.

Jack, have you ever sat in the seat of a racecar or done anything even remotely competitive?? Everyone is wired different and handles situations differently. You can say that you don't think Max's move was that bad, but when you're strapped in the car and you get brutalized on the first turn of the first lap by the car that you helped set up and make fast, I wouldn't blame him for being pissed. Would I have punched Max? Probably not, but I would make his life miserable for a long time. 

• Like 1

It’s obviously clear that with a nickname like Mad Max, this language incited the violence and caused Matt’s (sorry - Superman’s) insurgence into Max’s hauler. 
This violent, inciteful nickname Mad Max needs to be censored now for his and everyone’s safety. 
How bout something like Melodramatic Max?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

This will happen again between 2 different drivers this season. I hope the responses are consistent. 

One of the drivers will most likely be the same

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

Here's the problem right here.

On top of social media and the fact that everyone has a camera everywhere. How do we know that stuff like what happened the other night didn't happen in the past? There's a little known fact that one time at Rockingham in 1990, Harry Gant layed out Alan Kulwicki after a race in Rockingham for an incident that happened out on the track. If that happened today that would get more coverage than the race itself.

Imagine the firestorm if we had a scenario like Horton waiting for Hearn and planting him in the wall happen today??

Would you rather see them use their cars as weapons to retaliate against each other or settle it like men in the pits? 

Jack, have you ever sat in the seat of a racecar or done anything even remotely competitive?? Everyone is wired different and handles situations differently. You can say that you don't think Max's move was that bad, but when you're strapped in the car and you get brutalized on the first turn of the first lap by the car that you helped set up and make fast, I wouldn't blame him for being pissed. Would I have punched Max? Probably not, but I would make his life miserable for a long time. 

Ya I wonder what these posters would do if I had them stand beside me when I run door at my bar business which I have run for 40 years when 25 Harley's pull up and mix with loggers, truck drivers , pavers, roofers , farmers , divers, mechanics , dozer operators , lawyers and doctors  and women drama queens ......Sounds like they would  soil there drawers before dark  I've seen fools go outa there mind over pool game , wrong music you name it  For $4000 they would burn place to foundation if they felt wronged ....This MS deal sounds like nothing to me but posters living sheltered lives can't handle it .....Racing is a tuff sport involving  hard men  and alot of money and hard work ,passions run high Every track owner knows that  before gates open  That's the attraction ,  puts asses in the seats ..MS has run these cars for 22 plus years and all over country and Canada Probably 2000 plus races   and I'll bet good money he hasn't used his fist 3 times in his life  Pushing , shoving maybe and that Larry deal was nothing but rolling in dirt  with helmets on over contact on track And guess who won $6000 plus when Max wrecked Rudolph with 500 ft to checkers at LOL  (MS running way behind in third place )  ....Stop embarrassing yourselves and sport with this BS over nothing ,,,,,I just read DTD that other track owners bitched to state and OC had to shut there drive in down last year So if wealthy  track owners are fighting each other over few bucks WTH  is the surprise over drivers pissed off over $4000 winners share .....What part of dealing with humanity don't you get ??

• Like 5
2 hours ago, macho said:

Never knew there were so many psychologists on DTD. Geez he got punched in the mouth. Whatever.  Bunch of whiners is my analysis. 

Here is the story. Of a man named Brady

29 minutes ago, old racer said:

Ya I wonder what these posters would do if I had them stand beside me when I run door at my bar business which I have run for 40 years when 25 Harley's pull up and mix with loggers, truck drivers , pavers, roofers , farmers , divers, mechanics , dozer operators , lawyers and doctors  and women drama queens ......Sounds like they would  soil there drawers before dark  I've seen fools go outa there mind over pool game , wrong music you name it  For $4000 they would burn place to foundation if they felt wronged ....This MS deal sounds like nothing to me but posters living sheltered lives can't handle it .....Racing is a tuff sport involving  hard men  and alot of money and hard work ,passions run high Every track owner knows that  before gates open  That's the attraction ,  puts asses in the seats ..MS has run these cars for 22 plus years and all over country and Canada Probably 2000 plus races   and I'll bet good money he hasn't used his fist 3 times in his life  Pushing , shoving maybe and that Larry deal was nothing but rolling in dirt  with helmets on over contact on track And guess who won $6000 plus when Max wrecked Rudolph with 500 ft to checkers at LOL  (MS running way behind in third place )  ....Stop embarrassing yourselves and sport with this BS over nothing ,,,,,I just read DTD that other track owners bitched to state and OC had to shut there drive in down last year So if wealthy  track owners are fighting each other over few bucks WTH  is the surprise over drivers pissed off over $4000 winners share .....What part of dealing with humanity don't you get ??

No one is "losing their mind" or "can't handle it" that someone was punched; the issue is that the DIRTCar rulebook is a complete joke if their own policies are not followed, especially for a repeat offender.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

No one is "losing their mind" or "can't handle it" that someone was punched; the issue is that the DIRTCar rulebook is a complete joke if their own policies are not followed, especially for a repeat offender.

This right here... I agree 100%! 👏

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

I think we have met ? Are you the Health Inspector who comes in at 1am with rule book or the Liquor Inspector at same time ? Both who say I am Repeat Offender ....I ran outa paper towels in men's   room  at 1am 20 years ago So I am a Repeat Offender .....page 3 chapter 4 ......This is 2021  cities out west are burning  There are rule books against it , Mask are to be worn by all ! Guess what some don't belief in rule book .....Senate & House don't fallow rule book ....get my drift ? 15,000 plus elders were forced to room with Covid people .....Rule book against that also ...... Your perfect rule book world is long gone ......

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

You’re posts make no sense. Learn proper punctuation and capitalization At least.nothing but run on sentences. It’s obvious you’re wayyyyy to old to be posting
Shit because it never makes any sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, 4wheelin said:

You’re posts make no sense. Learn proper punctuation and capitalization At least.nothing but run on sentences. It’s obvious you’re wayyyyy to old to be posting

Pot, kettle, black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, 4wheelin said:

This is either the funniest or the saddest post I have ever seen.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, old racer said:

LoL I was raised in a small town bar, my dad never missed a happy hour.  I've had many turns with people I've had issues with, won some lost some. I've never HAD to walk away from a fight, but I have because some people definitely aren't worth it. And I've found that those who talk the most shit usually end up eating most of it. Old Racer your living in the past. I remember those days I've seen my share of drivers go after another. Some regretted it some didn.t. Best was Pat Ward jumping in to Danny Johnson car at Brewerton. We cheered like banshees.  That was then.

But like I said, its a different time and at some point people need to grow the hell up. And no I don't want them going after each other on the track either (not a big fan of Bowmen Gray Stadium.), I had no problem with Matt pulling up in front of Max and showing him his disapproval. I also wouldn't of been upset if Max had been put to the back for the incident even though it was obviously unintentional. And maybe that would of changed things.  But again that was WRG's choice, just like not making sure Matt stayed out of Max's pit. And just like the next time something happens and maybe Matt get's laid out, you know they won't follow the same script. As for Racing having hard men, lately I've seen a lot more entitled brats.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

This is either the funniest or the saddest post I have ever seen.

It may be the worst calling out of someone I've ever seen. I mean multiple cases of what he was accusing the other guy of doing wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2