15 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Its a good thing in my opinion. Just like breaking into somebodys house to rob them and getting shot, An older gentleman had a guy and girl walk into his house a couple years ago not far from where I live. He told them to leave and they each took a couple more steps toward him. He shot them both and they were history. He was found not guilty of any crime. SO somebody comes at you to inflict serious bodily harm, bang bang, Self defense. Sorry. 

I think comparing the 2 incidents is apples and oranges. I'm all for self-defense in a person's home. Especially in the point that you brought up. Nobody should ever enter a person's home not welcomed.

The incident with Matt and Max was really unfortunate. I really don't think Max expected that in a million years knowing their history. So, why would he be ready for a punch or a fight. It's like Jack mentioned, Matt had plenty of time to cool down and process the incident. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing. Further, if the races start becoming a place where guns and weapons are openly welcome, I'll gladly stop going. I'm not putting myself around some drunk(s) who want to show off their pistol that they've never used a day in their life and they decide to use it because they think their driver is better than your driver and they were all butthurt about it.  And for as liberal as some of your post have been in the past, the last few about guns sound about as far right as you can go.

On the lighter side of things, all I can I visualize while reading your fear-respect-gun posts is a wild west scene. Matt steps up to Max as some tumbleweeds blow by. Max has a cowboy hat on and is double holstered. Matt starts to raise his fist. Max being a quick draw raises his guns, fires multiple times, and ends the threat. Max then blows the smoke from the smoking guns while spinning them on his trigger fingers. He reholsters his guns and the community is thankful for his heroic actions. And that's how Max won the Wild West.

• Like 1
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is "losing their mind" or "can't handle it" that someone was punched; the issue is that the DIRTCar rulebook is a complete joke if their own policies are not followed, especially for a repeat o

I dont mind guys punching each other but during COIVD they should adhere to the 6ft distancing rule.

In most cases a repeat offender is dealt with harder than with their first offense. If I recall, Matt was sat down for a few races after his deal with Larry Wight. This time though.... nothing!?!?  An

Posted Images

The plot thickens.  AARN with an entire article this week about.......(dramatic music please)...this very topic!   Reporting some comments and opinions that are facts, not speculation.   

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

I think comparing the 2 incidents is apples and oranges. I'm all for self-defense in a person's home. Especially in the point that you brought up. Nobody should ever enter a person's home not welcomed.

The incident with Matt and Max was really unfortunate. I really don't think Max expected that in a million years knowing their history. So, why would he be ready for a punch or a fight. It's like Jack mentioned, Matt had plenty of time to cool down and process the incident. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing. Further, if the races start becoming a place where guns and weapons are openly welcome, I'll gladly stop going. I'm not putting myself around some drunk(s) who want to show off their pistol that they've never used a day in their life and they decide to use it because they think their driver is better than your driver and they were all butthurt about it.  And for as liberal as some of your post have been in the past, the last few about guns sound about as far right as you can go.

On the lighter side of things, all I can I visualize while reading your fear-respect-gun posts is a wild west scene. Matt steps up to Max as some tumbleweeds blow by. Max has a cowboy hat on and is double holstered. Matt starts to raise his fist. Max being a quick draw raises his guns, fires multiple times, and ends the threat. Max then blows the smoke from the smoking guns while spinning them on his trigger fingers. He reholsters his guns and the community is thankful for his heroic actions. And that's how Max won the Wild West.

The Wild West scene was already created by an organization that permits a driver to walk up to another driver and coldcock him. Doesnt seem like a civilized approach to problem solving the way I see it. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Ric said:

The plot thickens.  AARN with an entire article this week about.......(dramatic music please)...this very topic!   Reporting some comments and opinions that are facts, not speculation.   

Be careful when you throw the "F" word around like that.. there are certain people who get really offended by it. 

39 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

The Wild West scene was already created by an organization that permits a driver to walk up to another driver and coldcock him. Doesnt seem like a civilized approach to problem solving the way I see it. 

I agree. It doesn't seem civilized at all. Especially since the issue happened almost an hour before. 

3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Be careful when you throw the "F" word around like that.. there are certain people who get really offended by it. 

Yup... those who hid behind their sisters when they walked home from school because they were paranoid that the big bully was going to get them.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

Yup... those who hid behind their sisters when they walked home from school because they were paranoid that the big bully was going to get them.

Im not sure what you mean by your post but it reminds me of all the times I have seen guys get picked on by the bully. And then the bully comes walking up to pick on the little guy again and all of a sudden up walks the little guys big sister. She asks the bully if he has a problem. The bully doesnt know what to say and the sister slaps the shit out of the bully and embarrasses him in front of everybody. Lol. The bully walks away with his tail between his legs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Mr Miller it would be good if you posted article here on DTD February 16 2021 ( Matt Williamson : Overcoming Obstacles to Race .....I'm not smart enough and 4wheelin would bitch  Good article by fellow driver 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:51 AM, rpm72x said:

While I don’t think Matt’s response was warranted, would you punch someone in the face that took $3300 from you? I wouldn’t hesitate over 1 dollar, never mind 3k. 

I think with inflation, it's been raised to $5. 😀

On 2/19/2021 at 6:56 PM, Fulbrew said:

Has anyone seen the t-shirt Max recently posted? 

I'm really curious now - did Matt get Max with a left-right combo for Max to get a busted lip AND a black eye or Max bust his lip when he fell down? 

image_1296x.jpg?v=1613774539

• Like 1
6 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

The shirt doesn't bother me. The shirt is just not that funny.

I agree....its not truthful either. He didn’t have a busted lip or a black eye. 

I like the shirt personally. In a weird way shows maturity. I think turning a moment we fans are raging about an on going war, this lightens the mood. If true the fact is Matt saw it liked it and playfully agreed to wear it. Cool.