• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gonna be some tough decisions for DTD posters on Fridays 😄

Outlaw Speedway will have Sprint Cars weekly... that alone would be enough of a reason for me to switch to Utica Rome. 

Sundays weekly are tough, With my brothers team we race Friday nights at Brewerton weekly. We race Friday, the occasional Canandaigua on Saturday and use Sunday to wash/clean and start to get things r

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

I think places are allowed to have 10% capacity now, which is about what the weekly crowd has been there the last few years

Race tracks (other then Watkins Glen) are not on this list of approved 'arena's' that qualify for the 10% capacity thing. Plus people in attendance will need to provide a negative co-vid test in order to get in. 

The governor says any large stadium or arena can open on February 23; however, their plan must be approved by the New York State Department of Health. This includes the following stadiums and arenas:

• hockey
  • basketball
  • football
  • soccer
  • baseball
  • music/shows/performances

The governor says 10 percent capacity will be allowed for arenas and stadiums that have a 10,000-person total capacity or more.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, happyracer said:

Race tracks (other then Watkins Glen) are not on this list of approved 'arena's' that qualify for the 10% capacity thing. Plus people in attendance will need to provide a negative co-vid test in order to get in. 

The governor says any large stadium or arena can open on February 23; however, their plan must be approved by the New York State Department of Health. This includes the following stadiums and arenas:

• hockey
  • basketball
  • football
  • soccer
  • baseball

The governor says 10 percent capacity will be allowed for arenas and stadiums that have a 10,000-person total capacity or more.

The f@%cking idiot governor should drop all orders he put in place, advise people to fend for themselves and climb in a hole. His brilliant ideas have done enough damage. He has far bigger worries than protecting the public from racetracks opening with fans. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, happyracer said:

• hockey
  • basketball
  • football
  • soccer
  • baseball

This is assuming Cuomo remains as Governor.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Mr. Cole could of easily sold the land for a good profit I'm sure. I have a lot of respect for someone who really doesn't need money to blow off offers to make more but shows he cares more about the track and its existence. That's a man with a true soul.

You will be extremely hard pressed to find someone with a greater love for racing then Gene Cole... might find some to match it... but top it? Good luck. He's been in and around the sport for a very very very long time. 

14 hours ago, leroy said:

who he?

Sorry, I had just read another site and it was mentioned 9S might move to UR and Fonda!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, rpm72x said:

The f@%cking idiot governor should drop all orders he put in place, advise people to fend for themselves and climb in a hole. His brilliant ideas have done enough damage. He has far bigger worries than protecting the public from racetracks opening with fans. 

Now that the Orangeman is gone after 60 months of 24/7 obsession Media needs  a cash cow and it looks like he is on the menu other than CNN  I think tracks in NY will be at 50% or more by April  BUT I think DC will try to mandate mask for any paid entry business everywhere in country 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, old racer said:

Now that the Orangeman is gone after 60 months of 24/7 obsession Media needs  a cash cow and it looks like he is on the menu other than CNN  I think tracks in NY will be at 50% or more by April  BUT I think DC will try to mandate mask for any paid entry business everywhere in country 

Masks will be a requirement for a while....

Well if history has anything to say the last time a Cuomo left office we had a Republican Governor after. Which in New York isn't a bad thing, especially with such a huge influence from NYC. And with the news release from last week. Cuomo and his office is in a lot of trouble. So the reign may be ending sooner then you think. 

Hoping at the very least this will make him give up his strangle hold on the State. If the State Senate was involved I don't think racing would of got shot down so hard. And if they get their power back it will give the track promoters and owners a much better hand to help get backing to open the tracks back up to fans. I still can't figure out why OCFS couldn't use their backstretch parking. That just blows my mind.

21 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I still can't figure out why OCFS couldn't use their backstretch parking. That just blows my mind.

Chris Larsen explained it in last week's AARN. It has to do with 2 promoters he won't be exchanging Xmas cards with any longer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
23 hours ago, leroy said:

I will throw this in there.  Just my opinion.  But both Georgetown Speedway and Fonda Speedway seem to be on the upswing ,   Both tracks doing better than they were  in the 1-3 years prior.     No?

For Gene Cole to want to keep the property a race track.  This is a good decision

Both tracks have one thing in common: Brett Deyo

15 minutes ago, bicknell1 said:

So I assume U-R won't be small block anymore?

It will be any block you like.

Same rules as Fonda.

Engines:
Big- and small-block engine combinations are permitted at Fonda Speedway. Steel-block only (exceptions can be made for W-16, LS and spec combinations). No small-block engine may exceed 450 cubic inches. No big-block engine may exceed 477 cubic inches. Must be (single) carbureted; no fuel injection.
• Big- and Small-Block engines: 2,400 lbs.
• CT 525: 2,300 lbs.
• PA/NJ/DIRTcar Spec Small-Block – open carburetor, no rev limiter (gasoline): 2,275 lbs.
• W-16: 2,250 lbs.

As slick as Utica/Rome gets (if they maintain the track like other promoters) what would be the go to set up?

30 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

As slick as Utica/Rome gets (if they maintain the track like other promoters) what would be the go to set up?

Before it went DIRTcar and before they went "big block only" I believe big small blocks were the weapons of choice at Utica-Rome... 2013-14-15 ish?

3 hours ago, dudemann said:

probably not in the heat races .

I'm not sure it would be in the features either... I think the straightaways are too long.  They'd be competitive in the corners, but they'd get drug pretty hard down the straights. 

• Like 1
On 2/13/2021 at 5:17 PM, zmahoney21 said:

I think this is going to be a win-win for both tracks. Drivers will now have a Friday and Saturday to run 2 tracks on the same car/motor/tire package. There was a lot of speculation that Fonda would struggle for modifieds as they were essentially on an island. This gives drivers more bang for their buck and allows those who want to commit to the Deyo/STSS combo.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. For smaller dollar teams, you now have another place to race and a little more ammo in the argument of which engine combination to go with. 

I say that as we ourselves are arguing over where to race and with what engine. Funds are limited so we must spend wisely. Keep what you got, or go with something new. Key component of that is where we can race and how often. 

Interesting times...