With Speed Weeks ending in Florida i feel it's time to look back in DTD History...

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

That was a good story and well worth the few minutes it took to read.   I'm left wondering if Bob has come around on AAA......

I can assure you, he has not... lol 

I'll say it again. AAA is for women who don't know how to change tires, and fem-boys who are afraid of getting their nails dirty. I WAS an AAA member. But every year, they'd remove some of the reasons to buy it while raising the price at the same time.

And for the record, AAA covers a member no matter what vehicle they are in. And since none of you offered to call AAA, you didn't have it either. You guys have been regurgitating this stupid joke since 2007 or 2008. It's not funny any more.

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I'll say it again. AAA is for women who don't know how to change tires, and fem-boys who are afraid of getting their nails dirty. I WAS an AAA member. But every year, they'd remove some of the reasons to buy it while raising the price at the same time.

And for the record, AAA covers a member no matter what vehicle they are in. And since none of you offered to call AAA, you didn't have it either. You guys have been regurgitating this stupid joke since 2007 or 2008. It's not funny any more.

To be fair .. I do have it .. i just wasn't around when this all went down..... 

15 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Pretty funny story and good comeback Bob. I made it to 59 and a half without ever having AAA but we are seriously looking into it now. Hopefully we will be able to make our usual 5 trips north of the border this year and hopefully having it but not needing it!

I have it. When I purchased it I figured it was worth the $113 a year. The reason? I was a bracket racer with my street car, the closest drag strip is 180 miles from me. If I broke I could be towed home. Well, that time did come, blew the rear-end & the trans, towed me home. Can you imagine how much a 180 mile tow would cost? Worth every friggin penny.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

I have it. When I purchased it I figured it was worth the $113 a year. The reason? I was a bracket racer with my street car, the closest drag strip is 180 miles from me. If I broke I could be towed home. Well, that time did come, blew the rear-end & the trans, towed me home. Can you imagine how much a 180 mile tow would cost? Worth every friggin penny.

That... Got my truck towed home from the Valley when the alternator broke at 1AM... Got towed home off the Thruway when a deer committed suicide... Got towed to the dealer when my Honda's alternator packed up shop in 15* weather on my way home from work...

With that said, if you have a camper/trailer, Good Sam may be a better investment. I haven't looked into that yet. Not sure if AAA will tow the rig and trailer under the policy. Good Sam will, or so I'm told.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I'm with Miller on this........ AAA is not for me. Hell, I don't even have a cell phone to call them.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

That... Got my truck towed home from the Valley when the alternator broke at 1AM... Got towed home off the Thruway when a deer committed suicide... Got towed to the dealer when my Honda's alternator packed up shop in 15* weather on my way home from work...

With that said, if you have a camper/trailer, Good Sam may be a better investment. I haven't looked into that yet. Not sure if AAA will tow the rig and trailer under the policy. Good Sam will, or so I'm told.

westracing01, I have AAA, and I have the policy for vehicle and for my camper and it cost me 14.00 per month.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jwin said:

More importantly, Bob are you still driving that same truck? 😉

No. I almost cried the day I decided that the truck was no longer worth putting money into. The engine was a 360 that came in my '94 Ram, but some idiot blew a stop sign and killed it. At 220,000 miles, it still ran like a champ. I was just starting my divorce then and not knowing what the future held, I decided against a truck payment. Instead, I started shopping for a truck with a decent body that needed a engine and/or transmission because I had those. It took me about 3 months, but I finally found a '96 that had a sick 318 in it. Almost 2 years later, it finally gave up the ghost on my way to the Hangover 100 in Ransomville. We dug the old truck out of the weeds, checked the bearings, changed the oil pump/sending unit, the timing set and valve seals. And I ran another 220,000 miles with it. But it needed rings at that point and who knows what else. Seemed like every time I shut the door, something would fall off. I bought a '99 Ram to replace it with and this one had less than 80,000 on it but runs nowhere near as good as the 94 did. Not even close.

• Like 1