3 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

How do people feel about Styx?

I like two of the songs a lot.👍   Renegade and Babe. 

I can take or leave the rest of it

I've had someone give me signals throughout most of my modified career. Sticks may be more visible, but a driver can only really see them while racing if the person using them is on the infield except for maybe if they're standing at the end of the straight. The driver still has to drive the car, and there's still some guess work as a driver if you are getting signals.

Radios suuuuuuck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, gary tomkins said:

I've had someone give me signals throughout most of my modified career. Sticks may be more visible, but a driver can only really see them while racing if the person using them is on the infield except for maybe if they're standing at the end of the straight. The driver still has to drive the car, and there's still some guess work as a driver if you are getting signals.

Radios suuuuuuck.

Curious why about radios? As a fan I think it’s great to be able to listen to. More so In long event based on pit  strategy (SDW). But would love to know your opinion as a driver. Assuming it’s the blocking that would happen? Added expense?

thanks!

Problem is now you have taken the driver that just shows up by himself or doesn’t have a signal guy and handicapped his ability to finish where his abilities would have been. You give a good driver with a stick guy he can make it so a guy would have to struggle really hard to pass, blocking 101:) If your racing a track like Volusia I bet some guys have 2 stick guys and why wouldn’t you? 1 in turn 1 and 1 in turn 3. So do you allow this for every class at the tracks??

• Thanks 1

Someone giving a driver a signal have been around for a long time...  we were doing it in the early 80's at Fonda..  The stick think just pushes it to a more obnoxious level...

17 hours ago, Justracing44 said:

Curious why about radios? As a fan I think it’s great to be able to listen to. More so In long event based on pit  strategy (SDW). But would love to know your opinion as a driver. Assuming it’s the blocking that would happen? Added expense?

thanks!

When someone is signaling a driver, the driver only is getting a limited amount of info for a limited amount of time, so they still have to do a lot of figuring things out themselves. When teams use radios the driver can be given info continually while he or she is driving around the track. That means they are able to block if need be, which is my biggest gripe about radios. I've had a driver turn right to block me in the middle of the front stretch at Syracuse after I had a run on him exiting turn 4, because of radios. They're understandably a necessary evil at races that require pit stops, but that's the only time they should be allowed IMO

• Like 1

There are 3 big differences (in my opinion) between sticks and radios:

1. It's not just the driver the signal is intended for that can see it.

2. You can only see the sticks for a small portion of the track, once a lap.

3. The driver can't talk back.

• 2 weeks later...