21 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

I know there aren't a lot of asphalt fans here, but just the Stafford broadcasts alone are worth the subscription.

You aren't kidding. I was a dirt track purist until I made the first trip out to Stafford. They put on a fantastic program and the racing action is intense. My only experience with asphalt previously was NAPCAR and I gave up on their cup series many moons ago

• Like 1
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're still very much involved.  All broadcasts will still be produced by DTD Tv. 

What an amazing time to be a dirt fan. I saw a post on another message board asking why a certain track wasn't on a streaming service. That's what it's come to, if you're NOT on a service where someon

I cannot begin to explain how pumped I am that I signed up for the yearly subscription in November for FloSports. The $150 price is just ridiculous on the value you get for the year with the content l

Posted Images

21 hours ago, jwin said:

Also, I forgot to mention I was shocked in the best possible way to see this earlier today. The vast majority of major dirt modified races should be available on some streaming platform this year which is great (cough, Fulton 200, cough looking at you). 

maybe, you never know what the year will bring.

• Like 1
On 3/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, FondaFan16 said:

We're still very much involved.  All broadcasts will still be produced by DTD Tv. 

Since it's still produced by DTD TV,can I still purchase through dtdtv?

4 hours ago, bicknell1 said:

Since it's still produced by DTD TV,can I still purchase through dtdtv?

No .. At this time the only way to see it will be on Flo...  

33 minutes ago, K-town 42 said:

Signed up with Floracing today, very impressed and any Canadian thinking about it, it cost me $195.00 Cdn. I think it's a great value. 

You cannot find a better value in sports streaming right now. period. The amount of content you can get in racing alone makes it a bargain, and then add in the other 20 or so sports they have coverage for too...unbelievable deal. 

• Like 3

This weekend kicks the racing season into full swing from a streaming perspective. Both Flo and DV have good stuff and way more than you can watch in real time. Great news is it’ll be like that every weekend until late November and in the summer there will be racing basically every night. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, con7 said:

This weekend kicks the racing season into full swing from a streaming perspective. Both Flo and DV have good stuff and way more than you can watch in real time. Great news is it’ll be like that every weekend until late November and in the summer there will be racing basically every night. 

Looking forward to renewing my DV subscription in early April for the Bristol weekends and get those first few SDS races. 

• Like 1

Ok guys, I'm convinced.  How easy is it to get set up with a Flo subscription and equipment?  What is needed?  I just saw the earlier posts.  Roku seems like the way to go.  

26 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

Ok guys, I'm convinced.  How easy is it to get set up with a Flo subscription and equipment?  What is needed?  I just saw the earlier posts.  Roku seems like the way to go.  

The Roku setup was seamless for me. You don't have to buy one of their expensive options either. You'll need a router and a wireless connection within a reasonable distance so your TV picks up the signal.  Usually having the router on the same floor of  your TV in the house is sufficient.

1 minute ago, chas71 said:

The Roku setup was seamless for me. You don't have to buy one of their expensive options either.

Thanks Chas!  I was just reading on the Roku device.  I have read about Fonda, Georgetown, the SSTS series, Port Royal, Thunder Road, Stafford.....can anyone fill me in on any other tracks, series or special events are already on the platter to be served up?  If this is as easy to set up as I am led to believe, that price is no hurdle!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

Thanks Chas!  I was just reading on the Roku device.  I have read about Fonda, Georgetown, the SSTS series, Port Royal, Thunder Road, Stafford.....can anyone fill me in on any other tracks, series or special events are already on the platter to be served up?  If this is as easy to set up as I am led to believe, that price is no hurdle!

Lincoln, All Star sprints, USAC midgets, sprints and silver crown to name a few. 

9 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

Lincoln, All Star sprints, USAC midgets, sprints and silver crown to name a few. 

Flo also carries Eldora events that aren't WoO (Dream, World, etc) and they have a new FloRacing Night in America series that will be late models once or twice a month. 

Fred - there was a race on just about every night last year. Roku is compatible with Flo, DirtVision and will have MAVTVPlus in the near future too. It's a great option. They had the majority of PA Speed Week, OH Speed Week, USAC Midgets... you name it, it's on there and you'll never be able to watch it all even if you go back in the off season! 

Action Track USA is also on there weekly and Doug Rose is in the process of finalizing plans to broadcast Bridgeport on there weekly, too. I'm excited about all the added modified content this season! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, KB19 said:

Action Track USA is also on there weekly and Doug Rose is in the process of finalizing plans to broadcast Bridgeport on there weekly, too. I'm excited about all the added modified content this season! 

Wondered about Bridgeport.  Do you expect the first show to be broadcast?

3 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

Wondered about Bridgeport.  Do you expect the first show to be broadcast?

I do, but I honestly expected the deal to be announced by now. 

On 3/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, jwin said:

One of the easiest/cheapest ways to do it would be to get a cheap Roku device or Amazon FireStick (for example https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XLWML4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you can download the FloRacing app, DirtVision has an app, MAVTVPlus is supposed to have one in the near future, and DTDTV is supported on Roku as well.  If a "SmartTV" i.e. Samsung doesn't have the apps, you'd need one that is equipped with Amazon Fire or Roku... I bought a cheap small TV for a second screen specifically for racing it came with Amazon Fire.  For whatever reason the racing apps lagged and were clunky (Flo specifically) so that's why I ended up buying a Roku stick for it.  Works like a charm. 

I don't think connecting your computer to TV via a USB would work - for audio/video you'd need an HDMI cable (assuming your laptop has an HDMI output).  

On my main TVs I have AppleTVs on all of them but that's a more expensive version if you're only looking to stream Flo/DV on your TV... I use YouTubeTV instead of cable so I like AppleTV best. 

Okay, at the risk of sounding like a dork....am I to understand that I can plug this Roku streaming stick into either my computer or tv and it acts like WiFi and broadcasts the programming to devices such as computer, tv's and tablets?  What about the need for the Roku app??  I'm not putting this all together.  If hooked to a tv, does the tv need to be hooked to the internet?

Here's my interest.  I would like to watch the broadcasts from either of two tv's in the house, my desktop computer and my laptop.  Is all that possible and easily accomplished?

36 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

Okay, at the risk of sounding like a dork....am I to understand that I can plug this Roku streaming stick into either my computer or tv and it acts like WiFi and broadcasts the programming to devices such as computer, tv's and tablets?  What about the need for the Roku app??  I'm not putting this all together.  If hooked to a tv, does the tv need to be hooked to the internet?

Here's my interest.  I would like to watch the broadcasts from either of two tv's in the house, my desktop computer and my laptop.  Is all that possible and easily accomplished?

The Roku plugs into the tv.  You need wifi to use it.  You can watch directly on the computer or laptop on your internet browser.  You can also watch all three at the same time, as Flo let's you have four streams open at one time. 

29 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

The Roku plugs into the tv.  You need wifi to use it.  You can watch directly on the computer or laptop on your internet browser.  You can also watch all three at the same time, as Flo let's you have four streams open at one time. 

Ok so I have WiFi...I need to download the Flo app on anything I want to watch on right?

25 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

Ok so I have WiFi...I need to download the Flo app on anything I want to watch on right?

No.  The app supposedly makes it more convenient, but I haven't downloaded it yet.  You can watch on your internet browser without using the app.  

9 hours ago, HowieTheHat said:

If you're watching on your computer, you just use Flo's website. 

If you want to watch on your TV, I suggest you buy a Roku. It's like a USB Drive (bigger) that plugs into an HDMI port on your TV.  It acts as an independent WiFi "receiver" so the TV doesn't have to have anything fancy other than an HDMI port (and a USB port to power the stick, otherwise you need to run the power cable to an outlet). Then in the Roku "home page" is where you download the Flo app (can also download DirtVision app, DTDTV app, MAVTVPlus app). 

I am still way behind on technology.  I watch Flo mostly via the website on my chromebook, sometimes on desk top PC.  Tried plugging the book into TV with HDMI cable but could not get it to work.  Sound but no picture  Not sure what I did wrong there.  

So the Roku option. I am very interested in

What is the best Roku to get?   Preferably long range if available.  Would like to plug Roku into my TV that is in garage. About 100 feet or so from my house.  Currently I have three TV's on cable box's.  Two in house. One in garage. The internet modem or router(i have no idea which it is) must be both in one? is inside the house.  I do get internet in garage using a Linksy extender which is hit and miss at times.