Anybody get a chance to see this race? From the writeup it sounds like the finish was a good one. Friesen and Mahaney out front. Mahaney picking up where he left off last year.  I wish he got the win. Looked like a top notch field of drivers.  Anybody know what happened to the 9s to cause him to finish way back? Im guessing mechanical issues.

What happened to Maresca, looked like he was going pretty good?

Rocky with a 6th place finish! Fonda guys including Schilling did pretty well!

The finish was real good.  As in jump up off the couch good.  Stew dropped the car over the backstretch ledge and stayed on the gas.  Poor Mahaney had his hands tied at that point.  

Maresca dropped out of his heat and never made it out for the consi.  He wrote on FB that they had a parts issue.  

• Like 1

All the yellows for flat tires early on in the mod feature were brutal.  Considering it was only 30 laps. Hard to figure why.  The guys racing for the lead had no issues

But turned out to be a great finish.  Three cars in the hunt for the checkers, Stew going off the track on the backstretch to make the winning pass.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leroy said:

All the yellows for flat tires early on in the mod feature were brutal.  Considering it was only 30 laps. Hard to figure why.  The guys racing for the lead had no issues

But turned out to be a great finish.  Three cars in the hunt for the checkers, Stew going off the track on the backstretch to make the winning pass.  

I'd bet from the hole in turn 3.. low air pressure and a 3 off wheel hitting a hole will peel them off.. perrego did it on screen and then front stretch it was flat.. id guess being mostly lr that was the case with the rest 

1 hour ago, REDDFOXX said:

What happened to Maresca, looked like he was going pretty good?

It looked like it could have been a motor for Maresca.  

Pauch Jr also lost a motor last night. 

I think (not positive) they have a open 358 option along with a spec head option with open intake/exhaust/carb/ no rev box. So if you were 100% dirt legal yes, you are underpowered. 

2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

It looked like it could have been a motor for Maresca.  

Pauch Jr also lost a motor last night. 

Your hairdryer has a motor. Racecars have engines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, DirtFan79 said:

I'd bet from the hole in turn 3.. low air pressure and a 3 off wheel hitting a hole will peel them off.. perrego did it on screen and then front stretch it was flat.. id guess being mostly lr that was the case with the rest 

Good theories.  However Stew went off the track as did others.  Perhaps the preferred line?  Laubach and Mahaney appeared to me to be the fastest two cars   And no flats  so   Stay out of hole?   Not being a smart ass   Just saying some were smarter with tire choice and or pressure?  Lot of flats

14 minutes ago, John Williams said:

I drive a new 70k diesel truck that tows my 425k double-wide that I own outright. I'm a very proud boy.

Then you should know the difference between a motor & an engine.

19 minutes ago, RJO said:

What happened to the Cavalier?

Lol.    Long gone.  

Got two trucks now. 2007 GMC that was my pops.  And a 2019 Silverado

Just put a cap on the new one so I can camp out in the back.  👍

• Like 1
21 hours ago, klempa said:

I saw Rudolph said he was underpowered in a DIRTcar 358. Are the Georgetown 358 rules that much more open than the DIRT 358 rules?

Mahaney had a spec small block , also .

Spec Small-Block Bonuses: Mike Mahaney ($500), Erick Rudolph ($300) & Danny Bouc ($200)

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Gevo`s Rears & Gears said:

Mahaney had a spec small block , also .

Spec Small-Block Bonuses: Mike Mahaney ($500), Erick Rudolph ($300) & Danny Bouc ($200)

Mahaney's program has really taken a big jump since about June/July last year and then it really spiked during Oktoberfast...he's kept the momentum up so far this year. Good for him!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, John Williams said:

I drive a new 70k diesel truck that tows my 425k double-wide that I own outright. I'm a very proud boy.

That's a really expensive mobile home.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, John Williams said:

That’s a good one! Do you have any friends?

18 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Must have been fun watching the 9s come from the back instead of starting up front with Friesen and Mahaney.

YA SF starts on pole in heat and wins Starts on pole in feature and knows MS starts 19th and figures it's over and is bored On lap 28 MS takes over lead and pulls away and if SF  crew are  using sticks there arms are getting tired  After race MS loads up his dually and small trailer hardly enough room for trophy  while SF loads up his  million dollar hauler and says that SOB #9 did it again .....SF owner calls and ask how much @#$%&@ money does it take to beat that @#$%$#@.....MS crew walks to truck and shrugs like Brady and Gronk in video 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4