Jump to content




Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DaRooster said:

Wait.......what?  If that was Sheppard, you wouldn't have blinked an eye.............

I can't speak for him, but I've never even seen Sheppard spank a field like that. Over a second a lap faster than the rest of the field, even when in lapped traffic and the others had clean track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The FBI, Dept. of Homeland Security and Trump's own appointed officials said it was the most secure election in history, with many Republicans saying there was no proof of widespread voter fraud. No m

And to think....my original question was if Middletown would allow fans. 

Eventually, the Republicans will realize that they cannot just be the party old white people. Trying to prevent as many brown and black people from voting as possible is desperation. The demographics

Not to mention, was it not Tommy Meier who won eastern states a few years back with a dry sump big cubic inch small block? If I remember correctly didn’t that cause an uproar that year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, burtonfan1995 said:

I can't speak for him, but I've never even seen Sheppard spank a field like that. Over a second a lap faster than the rest of the field, even when in lapped traffic and the others had clean track.

I have . More times than I count.  Considering my home tracks are Dundee and Canandaigua

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leroy said:

I have . More times than I count.  Considering my home tracks are Dundee and Canandaigua

He’s not that fast at those places. He only wins 4/5 races he enters at them. But how many times have you seen a guy that is normally a 5th to 10th place guy go out and obliterate everyone? Not very many. Especially when said driver starts 5 rows behind the best in the business and there are multiple restarts throughout the event. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Not to mention, was it not Tommy Meier who won eastern states a few years back with a dry sump big cubic inch small block? If I remember correctly didn’t that cause an uproar that year?

Well Meier should not touch that car this week because I doubt anyone will beat him no matter where he  starts He could have lapped 2nd place car last nite Next BB race  5/1 at OC ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

He’s not that fast at those places. He only wins 4/5 races he enters at them. 

You are  so completely full of shit.   Why do I fall for your click bait ? .   🤣

Done on this .  Going to Moms for dinner

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leroy said:

You are  so completely full of shit.   Why do I fall for your click bait ? .   🤣

Done on this .  Going to Moms for dinner

Have fun at dinner, while your there decide whether Matt destroys everyone at his home tracks by 1 second per lap or if he doesn’t win that often and let me know later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

He’s not that fast at those places. He only wins 4/5 races he enters at them. But how many times have you seen a guy that is normally a 5th to 10th place guy go out and obliterate everyone? Not very many. Especially when said driver starts 5 rows behind the best in the business and there are multiple restarts throughout the event. 

I think 10 wins at Outlaw last year and broke in 2 others 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, old racer said:

Well Meier should not touch that car this week because I doubt anyone will beat him no matter where he  starts He could have lapped 2nd place car last nite Next BB race  5/1 at OC ....

People are leaving out the fact that the track was not slick last night. That wasn’t a surface where someone would just hit it on set up and is also extremely smooth on an ice rink and make people look foolish. It was fast, fast everywhere. So normally I’m told “everyone is fast” when the track has a ton of traction. Well last night only 1 guy fit that description.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, old racer said:

I think 10 wins at Outlaw last year and broke in 2 others 

Nooo. I’m the only one surprised on a Saturday morning when DTD has a pic of someone else in victory lane at outlaw. Leroy counts races that Matt doesn’t attend as races that Matt got beat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here the thing. Everybody loves to talk about how dominant Matt and Stew are. Thing is, as much as they win, they still lose far more races than they win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

He’s not that fast at those places. He only wins 4/5 races he enters at them. But how many times have you seen a guy that is normally a 5th to 10th place guy go out and obliterate everyone? Not very many. Especially when said driver starts 5 rows behind the best in the business and there are multiple restarts throughout the event. 

No offense, but Tommy  Meier has been "the man" at Middletown for like 20 years. You need to look at the record book. He's just been a little behind the eight ball the last couple of years is all. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So rpm, corrrect me if I'm wrong, but haven't you said in the past you don't like it when tour teams show up at a weekly race? That they're hurting the weekly teams? Now you're butthurt when a weekly team wins against tour cars?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So maybe a guy hits on something and whoops them good and people should automatically believe he cheated? Wouldn't have made any difference if matt had won would it. By the rule book, he cheated. 4lbs I'm sure wasn't intentional, but he still wasn't legal. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Not to mention, was it not Tommy Meier who won eastern states a few years back with a dry sump big cubic inch small block? If I remember correctly didn’t that cause an uproar that year?

Meier's win last night was with his own car; that is not even the same team he won Eastern States with. You keep posting that you think he was cheating last night, but don't say a word about Mat Williamson's success at OCFS the past several years with the same team that actually won Eastern States that year.

Alleging Meier was cheating last night just seems lame.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it was strange, I’ve talked to multiple team members that were there last night and were working on cars, they said it was unbelievable. The last 20 years of Middletown has zero bearing on today’s Middletown. The one lane rubber racing it provided for 20 years is gone. Since then most of the ocfs contingent have struggled when the big teams come to town. Perreggo is consistently fast everywhere so it doesn’t surprise me he is still fast there. I do think big teams hurt weekly racing, I am not upset a big team did not win. It’s just been a long time since a regular weekend guy has obliterated everyone like that. To sit and watch it screamed something was up. Your only cheating if you get caught, so as of now, nope he was 100% legal. He puts on that show again and I’m betting we will find out exactly what he had as I’m sure other teams already feel something was a bit fishy about it. If he just hit on something that nobody else has, shame on the professional teams that have already raced a bunch this year to be that far behind anyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Meier's win last night was with his own car; that is not even the same team he won Eastern States with. You keep posting that you think he was cheating last night, but don't say a word about Mat Williamson's success at OCFS the past several years with the same team that actually won Eastern States that year.

Alleging Meier was cheating last night just seems lame.

Mat Williamson has won multiple big races in the 3 car, he’s won big races in the 88 car. He’s won big races in his own car. There have been multiple pictures taken with trophy’s sitting on the 3 car after some of the wins, the hoods off, it’s very obvious it’s a big block. Idk how you really cheat at a deyo show, besides weight and aluminum blocks anything goes, but your not going to get away with too much at a sds race. The tech isn’t great, but other teams whine about anything over there, just ask Mahaney. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Mat Williamson has won multiple big races in the 3 car, he’s won big races in the 88 car. He’s won big races in his own car. There have been multiple pictures taken with trophy’s sitting on the 3 car after some of the wins, the hoods off, it’s very obvious it’s a big block. Idk how you really cheat at a deyo show, besides weight and aluminum blocks anything goes, but your not going to get away with too much at a sds race. The tech isn’t great, but other teams whine about anything over there, just ask Mahaney. 

And Tommy Meier has won track championships and dozen of races at Orange County. He didn't suddenly come out of nowhere  last night when it comes to being fast at OCFS.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

And Tommy Meier has won track championships and dozen of races at Orange County. He didn't suddenly come out of nowhere  last night when it comes to being fast at OCFS.

From what I could find on the ocfs website his finishes last year were 11-7-6-6-21-9-20-7 finished 12th in points. Sheppard won a bunch of those races. He has had a good career at ocfs, last night suddenly came out of nowhere. Most of the guys up front have run a bunch this year, I’m guessing last night was his 1st race of the season. Good for him, and he will be extremely tough to be if he can repeat that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I saw standing inside turn #1 and #2 nobody had anything for Meier on the restarts and he ran the smoothest line with a dialed in suspension. I’m sure there will be several drivers who will figure out why they couldn’t hang with Meier and make the corrections. It was a awesome race.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People say he was a full second faster than the 9s and 44.... did anyone actually have a stopwatch on him?  Does OC use Mylaps where there is a record of fastest lap time?  I mean if he was running 21.5 and everyone else was mid 22s, that’s not unbelievable. But if he was running sub 20s that would be something different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChrisAkulis said:

People say he was a full second faster than the 9s and 44.... did anyone actually have a stopwatch on him?  Does OC use Mylaps where there is a record of fastest lap time?  I mean if he was running 21.5 and everyone else was mid 22s, that’s not unbelievable. But if he was running sub 20s that would be something different. 

Tommy. 21.49

Sheppard 23.17

Larry 23.41

Max 23.90

Marc 24.13 

Lap 34 times. Come on Chris there is a car coming to you late in the race, but Matt and Stews times were constantly in the high 22' low 23's all night.

I agree his fire on the restarts were impressive but his drive off was the winning factor last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t implying he was cheating, nor was I implying he wasn’t. I just asked the question what his lap times were. I’ve seen cars run sub 21 before at OC, maybe not under those track conditions but still... so 21.5 is not completely unheard of. I don’t have an answer as to why he was so much better, I wasn’t there. But until somebody proves he was illegal...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChrisAkulis said:

I wasn’t implying he was cheating, nor was I implying he wasn’t. I just asked the question what his lap times were. I’ve seen cars run sub 21 before at OC, maybe not under those track conditions but still... so 21.5 is not completely unheard of. I don’t have an answer as to why he was so much better, I wasn’t there. But until somebody proves he was illegal...

Winner Meier  104,666 mph......Wight 2nd   100,116    Max  3rd  97.247     Williamson  winner of last 2 bic OC races   97.247 mph     SF  100.330 mph  Has alot of laps in 2021 already in big events ......MS been running and winning in 2021  100.806 mph .......Mark Johnson also barely light at scales 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, captdonnie said:

Tommy. 21.49

Sheppard 23.17

Larry 23.41

Max 23.90

Marc 24.13 

Lap 34 times. Come on Chris there is a car coming to you late in the race, but Matt and Stews times were constantly in the high 22' low 23's all night.

I agree his fire on the restarts were impressive but his drive off was the winning factor last night. 

Sheppard ran a 20.9 in hot laps if I recall, Meier was just on rails 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.















×
×
  • Create New...