Word slowly leaking out on Ronnie Johnson facebook page that the 12A has gone silent .. he's taken the checkered flag. This is not confirmed so please do not spread this. Many people on his page have offered their condolences. 

Not only was he one of the best to ever strap into a modified, he was one of the most genuine nice people I’ve ever met. Class and style. RIP Jack. Prayers to Ronnie and the family.

• Like 3

Just got done texting Ronnie and it is true:(( I can’t express how sad I feel for Ronnie and Natalie :(( As young kids every Sunday at Weedsport was where I got to see them. I was helping Barefoot Bob . It was so cool watching Jack and Bob race each other. I could be wrong but I’d say Bob’s closet friends but also his most fierce competitors were Alan and Jack. They all respected one another. Because they were class act drivers. Ronnie has done a nice job in racing. Trying to follow in a true Legends foot steps is one thing but when it’s your dad it’s even harder. Ronnie, Natalie, and Andrea tonight I’m sad that he’s gone but so thankful that he’s not suffering any more and for the great memories I’ll always remember Dad for. The racing family is there if you need us. 
David Surace

• Like 2

The racing world has lost a great one today. My condolences to the Johnson family & friends. A great example of how to carry yourself on & of the track. 

RIP Champ!!

RIP I have written this on here before, but one of the iconic races of my youth was the 1983 4-25s program at the Nazareth (Pa.) National mile in which Jack Johnson won each of the first three features from deep in the pack, then ran out of time running down Dave Kelly for the win in the final feature.

• Like 2

Sad day to be a race fan... RIP Jack and may God bless you and welcome you home. Condolences to Ronnie and the entire family, Jack made every event he entered better just by being there 🏁

• Like 6

Ronnie, Natalie and Andrea so very sorry to hear about Jack. No more suffering. I will remember him as being a good person to me and my Dad way back in the day when Rollie was still alive. Of course he was one of the most exciting entertainers to ever race a stock car. RIP Jumper....

Back in the bad old days of Dirt Modified racing there was a young driver from the eastern part of New York State who was just starting to get his feet wet in the racing game. He paid his dues and got better at his craft until his status became one of the very best to ever sit behind the wheel of a race car. As dirt track track racing became the top notch sport that it has become, this man was there to help steer it. All the while he never lost the smile, the genuine niceness and all the attributes that he brought with him. From a personal standpoint, he always took the time to answer questions, to ask how you were doing and be nice to people he didn't know. The adjectives and plaudits will forever live in the hearts and minds of the people who saw him and who knew him and we are all better for it. 

My condolences go out Ronnie and the rest of the family. 

• Like 1

Yet another sad day for all of us. He was a true legend and will be truly missed!! RIP Jack prayers to your family and fans

Class=Jack Johnson. Jack was a true gentleman on and off the race track, a great ambassador of our sport but also a even better father and person to Ronnie and Natalie. Jack was one of my racing heroes and still was until he took the final checker Thursday evening.

I know everyone has a great memory of Jack or great memories and I can remember how the stands would rock at Fonda when the 12a was introduced by Jim King or made a big move during the race and the crowd would roar with approval.

Jack was pretty good on the road too at many different facilities like Flemington, Nazareth National, Rolling Wheels, Five Mile Point, and many others.

Speaking of Five Mile Point. There was a time in the 1970's that when Jack showed up at The Point, everyone knew they were racing for second as Jack was " that " good at 5 Mile. 

Rest in Peace Jack Johnson and continue your winning ways in heaven.

Jack and Ronnie raced at my hometown track years ago... Bear Ridge Speedway in Vermont. A very tight quarter mile track.  It was the first time both drivers had been to the small track in VT.  And of course, Jack Johnson won the race that night beating a full field of regulars who knew the track inside and out.  That was very impressive to me!!  RIP Jack. 

Jack was one of the greatest ever and arguably the best long distance modified driver ever. A true hero of mine although I only met him once, when I was 9 and was too awestruck to say a word. RIP. 

Jack personified class. I didn’t have many interactions with him but one night as a kid, my Dad and I were in the pits after a night of racing at Utica-Rome. We stopped by Jacks trailer as my Dad was talking to someone he knew there. Jack came up and said hello and asked my name. Of course I told him and we went on our way. The following week, we were walking through again. Jack was standing at the rear of his car as we walked through and said “Hi Zach, nice to see you again.” It was just a small interaction but the fact that he remembered my name a week later always kind of stuck with me. RIP to one of the best to ever do it. 

• Like 5