SuperDIRTSeries released its list of expected Tour followers for 2021 and there are 17 drivers on there including some new faces. https://superdirtcarseries.com/news/super-dirtcar-series-whos-who-who-is-back-and-who-is-new/

Billy Decker
Mat Williamson
Larry Wight
Jimmy Phelps
Matt Sheppard
Mike Mahaney
Erick Rudolph
Demetrius Drellos
Chris Hile
Peter Britten
Marcus Dinkins
Dave Rauscher
Jack Lehner
Kevin Root
Brandon Walters
Rusty Smith
Olden Dwyer

STSS Tour South has had 18 drivers show up to all 3 events so far. North hasn't had any races yet.

Mike Mahaney
Matt Sheppard
Tyler Dippel
Anthony Perrego
Larry Wight
Ryan Godown
Andy Bachetti
Max McLaughlin
Erick Rudolph
Billy Pauch Jr.
Mike Maresca
Matt Stangle
Ryan Watt
Brandon Grasso
Craig VonDohren
Danny Bouc
Duane Howard
JR Heffner

Not sure if the South or North Region have any conflicting dates with the SDS or not but certainly a couple of those guys would appear to go with the SDS if there are conflicts. Either way, both tours look very healthy with followers and excited to get things rolling this weekend at Can-Am. Have to imagine a good field of cars should be on tap and last I looked, the weather looked great! 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Not sure if the South or North Region have any conflicting dates with the SDS or not but certainly a couple of those guys would appear to go with the SDS if there are conflicts. Either way, both tours look very healthy with followers and excited to get things rolling this weekend at Can-Am. Have to imagine a good field of cars should be on tap and last I looked, the weather looked great! 

I think there might only be a few conflicts: 

Sunday, May 30th - Heroes Remembered 100 (SDS) vs Clash At The Can (STSS North) 

Saturday, September 18th - Gerald Haers Memorial 100 (SDS) vs. Fonda 200 (STSS North)

Saturday, October 9th - Super Dirt Week 358 vs. Short Track SuperNationals (STSS North) - This really isn't a conflict though as drivers who want to do both have been able to do both in recent years without much issue.

I think the big thing to remember with the STSS is they drop your lowest point race, so they're giving you a mulligan.

That being said, if you plan on racing for the STSS North Region Championship or "Grand" Championship by winning both regions, you're going to have a decision to make on Saturday, September 18th because by then, you'll know where you stand in points on both tours. 

• Like 2

I want to say last year the SDS had 16 or 17 guys that attempted every show?  I remember thinking that was pretty impressive given all the travel and lack of really good guaranteed money. Maybe Jamie has a list somewhere of perfect attendance drivers?

It’s all about quality, not quantity. I say this with all due respect; there are drivers on the list who might travel to every show and only make a handful of starts. I remember Ryan Jacobs following one year and only qualifying a couple times. Let’s see how this unfolds. If Canada doesn’t get the vaccines rolling beyond the current snails pace it’s possible that all the shows north of the border are cancelled. 

37 minutes ago, ChrisAkulis said:

I want to say last year the SDS had 16 or 17 guys that attempted every show?  I remember thinking that was pretty impressive given all the travel and lack of really good guaranteed money. Maybe Jamie has a list somewhere of perfect attendance drivers?

Guys that followed the whole SDS tour in 2019; 
Billy Decker

Mat Williamson
Larry Wight
Jimmy Phelps
Matt Sheppard
Mike Mahaney
Erick Rudolph
Demetrius Drellos
Peter Britten
Marcus Dinkins
Jack Lehner
Ryan Godown
Paul St-Sauveur
Danny Johnson

As for the STSS, the number of guys that have been at every show so far through 3 races so far is actually 30. Dom Buffalino, John Willman, Mike Gular, JoJo Watson, Tim Buckwalter, Cale Ross, David Van Horn, Brandon Hightower, Danny Creeden, Marshall Hurd, Jeff Taylor, and Ryan Riddle were all also at all 3 shows but have failed to qualify for at least 1 of the events which is why they aren't listed as having 3 starts despite being at all 3. 

I agree with the previous poster, both series have some guys that are going to struggle at a majority of the races, but hitting the road and following these tours and getting to race at different tracks with the level of competition that each tour provides can be a big help to developing as a driver. 

• Like 4

The SDS at Bristol is the same weekend as Fonda's STSS on the 24th, Jack Lehner would normally be there in the Nelson 85 but will  miss it because he will be at Bristol

6 minutes ago, REDDFOXX said:

The SDS at Bristol is the same weekend as Fonda's STSS on the 24th, Jack Lehner would normally be there in the Nelson 85 but will  miss it because he will be at Bristol

The 24th is not a STSS race, unless something changed . 

1 hour ago, REDDFOXX said:

Bad info ,  there is no STSS event at Fonda on the 24th

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

48 cars at Can-Am tonight. Very healthy start to the SDS car count.

Just think how many they would of had if the Canadian teams could of been there.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, RJO said:

Just think how many they would of had if the Canadian teams could of been there.

Probably would have been creeping towards mid 50s to 60...Yan Bussiere for sure would have supported. I'm sure a few Cornwall guys...

• Like 1

How does a driver get out of his car....run across a track to confront the driver that just destroyed his racecar......and the camera man does not get any of it?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

How does a driver get out of his car....run across a track to confront the driver that just destroyed his racecar......and the camera man does not get any of it?

I thought that was Willix that I saw sprinting in the left hand corner of the screen...I was surprised the announcers never addressed it until the confrontation actually happened on the front stretch. Maybe they wanted to be sure it actually was him and he was okay since there was no report from the accident.

I hope someone got some video at the track and it surfaces on twitter or facebook to see what went down since dirtvision missed it.

I thought that it was someone running because the driver was in really bad condition and they were trying to get someone. I was suprised to hear it was the driver.

It was certainly a dirty move.....willix has every right to go nuts over it. I just don’t understand how that happens, Shane is announcing it, and the camera guy is watching trees and an ambulance. This camera guy is awful.....multiple times throughout the event he just sits on a car, normally the leader....all by himself while the announcers talk about actual battles going on. Done it the whole mod feature . 

No more SDS for me... wish I went with my gut and gone to Outlaw instead. First hour and a half watching 3 divisions going against the clock... Boring! No way in hell I could ever take somebody to that and have them want to go back for more. Then heat races were strung out follow the leader.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well they certainly flip flopped on run time for the program, outlaw was done before the consis were finished at can and I believe. The features were ok. I’m happy I wasn’t there in person but working around the house and having it on tv was ok. 

13 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Well they certainly flip flopped on run time for the program, outlaw was done before the consis were finished at can and I believe. The features were ok. I’m happy I wasn’t there in person but working around the house and having it on tv was ok. 

I thought the modified feature was decent. Not award-winning, but not terrible either.

I agree heats were boring . Locked down it seemed.   But if anyone did not like the features?  something wrong with you

all three features were good

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

I thought the modified feature was decent. Not award-winning, but not terrible either.

I agree. The heat races were so bad the features appeared to be nail biters, but it’s better than nothing. Great they got a good weather day this early up there to race. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

No more SDS for me... wish I went with my gut and gone to Outlaw instead. First hour and a half watching 3 divisions going against the clock... Boring! No way in hell I could ever take somebody to that and have them want to go back for more. Then heat races were strung out follow the leader.

😭😭😭

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

😭😭😭

Not my first Dirt Race this year but I was satisfied with the show, and it sure was much closer to home !!!

10 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

It took over 5 hours between the start of warmups to the start of the main event. That’s too long. In a typical national touring series event for the sprints or lm, its 2.5 to 3 hours. Why do mod shows have to drag things out so much? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I agree. The heat races were so bad the features appeared to be nail biters, but it’s better than nothing. Great they got a good weather day this early up there to race. 

I am kicking myself for not going to Outlaw.  I would have seen 10 times the racing! Stupid me!