Wow.

Had no idea Jack Lehner was driving what I assume is still Bill and Erik Nelson’s car.

Congrats to them on the win Saturday !

Great to see the smaller teams and someone different winning !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

They showed them all the fast way around. That car was hooked up as soon as it got on the track. All night long!

Wish I could have been there to see it.

Good to see the team come up with an early win to give them a quick boost in confidence. Looks like this pairing is working out well.

Redfoxx, what engine did you end up with this year? I remember you being frustrated about upgrading your big block program just before the Deyo rules started.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Wow.

Had no idea Jack Lehner was driving what I assume is still Bill and Erik Nelson’s car.

Congrats to them on the win Saturday !

Great to see the smaller teams and someone different winning !

Danny you are correct, it’s the Nelson 85, Jack Lehner is in his 2nd season in the seat after replacing Demetrios Drellos who also had a win in at Fonda in the 85!

Keep you eye on Jack, he has many more ahead of him, he’s the real deal!

13 minutes ago, mike aylesworth said:

Good to see the team come up with an early win to give them a quick boost in confidence. Looks like this pairing is working out well.

Redfoxx, what engine did you end up with this year? I remember you being frustrated about upgrading your big block program just before the Deyo rules started.

Our frustration over the engine rules came as a result of the fact we had just acquired an 18 degree big block just a few days prior to the big small block being made legal, it wasn’t because we couldn’t run it but we felt we had just lost any advantage we had gained 48 hours before. Engines aren’t cheap in any configuration but to  have to  change  our engine program was disheartening .

We sold the big blocks in favor of a small block, we settled on a Pro Power Racing Engine which is quite a piece! We are pretty happy with it, Jack loves it. When you can be that fast what’s not to like! It beat a couple of BTK powered cars last night!

• Like 3

I remember it well Reddfoxx. It was a big decision to spend the money to upgrade, and then shortly later, Brett took over. Glad it all worked out for you. And, I was glad to see you team up with Jack Lehner.

I don't know him at all, but took note a few years ago when he was showing up at the super dirt series races, and straight up qualifying for the features. He was a small team, and a young, less experienced driver. That told me he has some talent behind the wheel of a big block. You just don't get the chance to see many young drivers step up and have success like in the past.

Glad you guys are fielding a car at Fonda, and I hope you continue to have success.

• Like 1

Bill & I have been friends for almost 60 years....What a lot of people don't realize is that Bill Nelson has fielded race cars as a driver or owner since the early 60's when he built a car that ran at White's Beach....if anyone belongs in ALL the halls of fame it's Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1