Jump to content




Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ManInTheStands said:

So what do you call Stew, Shep, Tmac, Ward, Max, etc.... All guys who ive seen first hand drive through other cars. 2 instances right at dirt week. 

I say the same thing. If you’re not good enough to pass some clean that day you drive through them.

Keep in mind though there’s a difference between roughing someone up for position/moving them and dumping a lap car holding their line

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldn’t take you 3 laps to pass a lapped car. Didn’t take the guys in front of him 3 laps or wrecking anyone. If you deliberately dump someone because you can’t pass them, you should be penalized. L

Rocky definitely dumped the lapper who was just holding his line and should have been put to the back. Rocky could have just changed his lane until he got around the lap car. I know a few tracks that

Show overall was great. The rain helped the track out immensely as the top was starting to go away.  Elimination races were a head scratcher. Im not sure why Lehner or Mahaney decided to pick the

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

I say the same thing. If you’re not good enough to pass some clean that day you drive through them.

Keep in mind though there’s a difference between roughing someone up for position/moving them and dumping a lap car holding their line

He hit him square in bumper .. If he hooked him and stayed Barried in throttle that's one thing.. he hit bublak square in bumper and in video if you watch the 816 it looks like he hit the brakes right before 1j hit him.. we've all seen many top name guys do it before.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you drive somebody off the bottom, drive somebody out of the rubber and they do not wreck…..no harm no foul, when you cause the yellow your usually penalized. Not to mention rocky was I believe 3rd at this point. The leader (who broke on the restart if I remember correctly) passed this lapped car and so did Ronnie….nobody was spun. He drove into the lapped car more than once, so it wasn’t as if he didn’t know he was on the top. Had this happened with 2 guys racing for position both would have been restarting at the tail. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 816 had already been passed by RJ & the Leader so he should have known to move to the bottom & let the rest of the leaders by....In my opinion he should go back to Sportsman & learn more before jumping to Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, racer80 said:

In my opinion he should go back to Sportsman & learn more before jumping to Mods

There is no denying his talent and he rightfully deserves to be in a modified....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

There is no denying his talent and he rightfully deserves to be in a modified....

I'm talking about Bublak, not Rocky

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, racer80 said:

I'm talking about Bublak, not Rocky

Ok my bad. I don't know anything about the other guy but it's there money and it's always good to see more modified drivers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rmitchell said:

Ok my bad. I don't know anything about the other guy but it's there money and it's always good to see more modified drivers

He was in someone else's car.....he's a Sportsman racer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

If you drive somebody off the bottom, drive somebody out of the rubber and they do not wreck…..no harm no foul, when you cause the yellow your usually penalized. Not to mention rocky was I believe 3rd at this point. The leader (who broke on the restart if I remember correctly) passed this lapped car and so did Ronnie….nobody was spun. He drove into the lapped car more than once, so it wasn’t as if he didn’t know he was on the top. Had this happened with 2 guys racing for position both would have been restarting at the tail. 

Rocky was 2nd at the line.. Ronnie got him in 1 and 2.. the spin deal happened 3/4 lap not counted so still 2nd.. and then macauliffe broke on the restart

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DirtFan79 said:

Rocky was 2nd at the line.. Ronnie got him in 1 and 2.. the spin deal happened 3/4 lap not counted so still 2nd.. and then macauliffe broke on the restart

I’m not questioning you….but I’m trying to get this correct….So rocky couldn’t pass the lapped car while running 2nd…..Ronnie passed both Rocky and the lapped car on the bottom and then Rocky spun the lap car in 3. So in theory Rocky could have just switched to the bottom or middle to pass the car rather than dump him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I’m not questioning you….but I’m trying to get this correct….So rocky couldn’t pass the lapped car while running 2nd…..Ronnie passed both Rocky and the lapped car on the bottom and then Rocky spun the lap car in 3. So in theory Rocky could have just switched to the bottom or middle to pass the car rather than dump him?

The lap cars were side by side.. and rocky and Ronnie were side by side.. 2 x 2  then my opinion of the deal the 34 slide to top and 816 slightly checked up and rocky was already sailing it in on top as Ronnie was only a car length ahead on bottom

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ManInTheStands said:

And I just rewatched the race for the first time and Constantino moved up in front of Bublak putting him way off the pace and then rocky rear ended him. I don't think there was any intent behind it at all. 

Lol... look again... Rocky hit him 4 times and the only reason it wasnt 5 times was because the fourth time he turned him around. Race director has no balls. What a joke.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Lol... look again... Rocky hit him 4 times and the only reason it wasnt 5 times was because the fourth time he turned him around. Race director has no balls. What a joke.

Are race cars not allowed to touch? He hit him square in bumper each time. If 816 held his line instead of moving up on rocky as he was about to sweep him 3 wide this conversation wouldn't even happen.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DirtFan79 said:

Are race cars not allowed to touch? He hit him square in bumper each time. If 816 held his line instead of moving up on rocky as he was about to sweep him 3 wide this conversation wouldn't even happen.. 

your correct….and the other side of it is correct as well….normally when you blatantly turn a guy around, your penalized. I’ve seen many guys be put to the rear for less. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Why don't you tell everyone what you REALLY saw, because what you described isn't it.

I just did, sorry to spoil your love for AJ but it happened. He was mad because Colsten was a lapped car running the bottom like he was supposed to. Alan went to dive under him and ended up wrecking. And he blamed Colsten for his bad decision, when there was no way Colsten could of known he was there. 

When Colsten came down pit road and stopped in his own pit Alan and another person ran up to the car and Alan reached in and started pulling wires of Colsten's car. I watched it happen, it was right in front of me. So what do you want to say what you THINK really happen since you I'm positive you were there also. And I'm guessing you talked to Alan about it at some point since he was from your home track.

So if you don't feel I saw what you saw, please tell your side of the incident. Like I said before Alan is not a dirty driver or a bad person. I know it was a very long time ago, but I'm sure you know someone who has a video the race. I would love to see it again, if I'm remembering it right or if I'm completely wrong and I will apologize. This was like 30 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

I just did, sorry to spoil your love for AJ but it happened. He was mad because Colsten was a lapped car running the bottom like he was supposed to. Alan went to dive under him and ended up wrecking. And he blamed Colsten for his bad decision, when there was no way Colsten could of known he was there. 

When Colsten came down pit road and stopped in his own pit Alan and another person ran up to the car and Alan reached in and started pulling wires of Colsten's car. I watched it happen, it was right in front of me. So what do you want to say what you THINK really happen since you I'm positive you were there also. And I'm guessing you talked to Alan about it at some point since he was from your home track.

So if you don't feel I saw what you saw, please tell your side of the incident. Like I said before Alan is not a dirty driver or a bad person. I know it was a very long time ago, but I'm sure you know someone who has a video the race. I would love to see it again, if I'm remembering it right or if I'm completely wrong and I will apologize. This was like 30 years ago.

How about we start with the letter of suspension from the guy who did it and shared it with me when I brought it up a few years ago on facebook? He's proud of it still to this day and I can't say as though I blame him. It's creative, we have to give him that...

 

Botsford (2)_LI.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

your correct….and the other side of it is correct as well….normally when you blatantly turn a guy around, your penalized. I’ve seen many guys be put to the rear for less. 

And we’ve all seen some not penalized….

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the multiple shots and then the spin was unnecessary, Rocky has enough car and talent to pass cleaner than that.  The other thing I don't like from the incident is the other cars behind who can get caught up in the mess, I consider it a selfish race move.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BobMiller said:

How about we start with the letter of suspension from the guy who did it and shared it with me when I brought it up a few years ago on facebook? He's proud of it still to this day and I can't say as though I blame him. It's creative, we have to give him that...

 

Botsford (2)_LI.jpg

Can't argue facts, I got the track wrong. But was this person associated with Alan? Because Alan was in Colsten pit stall, and I saw him go in to Colsten's car (guessing he was just expressing his displeasure).. I also said that he had someone with him. But I was wrong to say it was Alan and I apologize to you and Alan for my poor ass memory. Still would love to see that video. It will show the incident we are discussing. 

Not sure why I thought it was Rolling Wheels, we were camping at the Weedsport fair grounds.

Thank you for setting me straight. Can you confirm Alan apologized to Colsten afterwards?  Because that was 2nd hand info from someone in the stands in 1989 when we were up at FMP for a week night race.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking Rocky & Stew out of the equation, as a general rule , should an aggressive  move of  dumping another car to gain their track position be penalized? Yes or No? Not maybe because of who they are or where it happened?

What's the penalty for the infraction? Sent to the rear of the pack? Sent to the end of the line of cars that are on the lead lap? 

If involved or initiated a caution where do they restart from when they go green? I always thought if you were involved you went to the rear! The rear of the field, where did going to the back of the unlapped cars come from? You brought out the caution, you go to the tail end! Your caution caused all competitors to come to a halt, not just the lead lap cars, lapped cars are racing for position as well!

 

Your thoughts?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, REDDFOXX said:

Taking Rocky & Stew out of the equation, as a general rule , should an aggressive  move of  dumping another car to gain their track position be penalized? Yes or No? Not maybe because of who they are or where it happened?

What's the penalty for the infraction? Sent to the rear of the pack? Sent to the end of the line of cars that are on the lead lap? 

If involved or initiated a caution where do they restart from when they go green? I always thought if you were involved you went to the rear! The rear of the field, where did going to the back of the unlapped cars come from? You brought out the caution, you go to the tail end! Your caution caused all competitors to come to a halt, not just the lead lap cars, lapped cars are racing for position as well!

 

Your thoughts?

 

 

I remember this happened often with Bruce Richards at Malta and Devils Bowl. The driver in a situation like Rocky was either parked for the night or depending on the situation sent to the rear for their involvement depending on severity. Personally I felt like he should have been sent to the rear for his involvement. There was something similar the week before or 2 weeks, I forget exact but 2x Hanson was a bit too aggressive IMHO. The first time he ran over I believe it was Mccaulife, I know spelling is off. He went into the the back stretch infield and ran him over causing him to break and both were running towards front. The next time he tried a pretty poor slider in 2 and almost ran that driver, forget who almost off turn 2 in order to pass. Neither week was Rocky or Craig penalized but probably warranted sent to tail  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, REDDFOXX said:

Taking Rocky & Stew out of the equation, as a general rule , should an aggressive  move of  dumping another car to gain their track position be penalized? Yes or No? Not maybe because of who they are or where it happened?

What's the penalty for the infraction? Sent to the rear of the pack? Sent to the end of the line of cars that are on the lead lap? 

If involved or initiated a caution where do they restart from when they go green? I always thought if you were involved you went to the rear! The rear of the field, where did going to the back of the unlapped cars come from? You brought out the caution, you go to the tail end! Your caution caused all competitors to come to a halt, not just the lead lap cars, lapped cars are racing for position as well!

 

Your thoughts?

 

 

Fonda rules on their website says anyone deemed to be "rough riding" by the race director or the head flagger will go to the rear.  It doesnt say anything about lapped cars..... it says go to the "rear" which means the rear.  I think the 1j panicked and figured time was running out so he drove through him instead of around him because he wasnt confident that he could make the pass in the next few laps.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the flagger was giving him the flag and not moving over maybe he should have been sent to the rear. He was a friggin lapped car. If you are in the racing line and not moving over expect to get dumped. The best have done it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, macdaddywendell said:

I remember this happened often with Bruce Richards at Malta and Devils Bowl. The driver in a situation like Rocky was either parked for the night or depending on the situation sent to the rear for their involvement depending on severity. Personally I felt like he should have been sent to the rear for his involvement. There was something similar the week before or 2 weeks, I forget exact but 2x Hanson was a bit too aggressive IMHO. The first time he ran over I believe it was Mccaulife, I know spelling is off. He went into the the back stretch infield and ran him over causing him to break and both were running towards front. The next time he tried a pretty poor slider in 2 and almost ran that driver, forget who almost off turn 2 in order to pass. Neither week was Rocky or Craig penalized but probably warranted sent to tail  

Had either been penalized & sent to the rear, would  that have been to the rear of all the cars or just those on the lead lap?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

 I think the 1j panicked and figured time was running out so he drove through him instead of around him because he wasnt confident that he could make the pass in the next few laps.  

He said as much in his interview in victory lane.  He said something along the lines I saw my chances of winning slipping away.  

One of the tracks I have been watching lately (I think LoL) I think would have likely sent him to rear.  I was a bit surprised they didn't.  He caused the yellow and caused Friesen to almost wreck.  As someone else said I thought it was crappy.  He could have wrecked a big chunk of the field.  

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.















×
×
  • Create New...