Anyone having issues with dirtvision.com using FireTV stick?

The Roku apps for Dirtvision, Floracing, LoL and Dirttrack Digest all work fine on Altice/Cablevision.  Not sure why they wouldn't work on Spectrum.  Its just streaming TV.

Happy that this year I don't have to hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI like I did last year.  

Sure there are the occasional issues but they are more often then not the stream and not the app.  Something happens at the track or with one of the streaming services.

Only real "issue" is several of these apps seem to sign me out pretty frequently after not using them for several days or a week or two.

Dirtvision sometimes will block me from switching devices.  Meaning if I am watching on one device and want to switch to another it will complain and not let me have multiple streams.  It takes a bit of time sometimes before it figures out I am no longer streaming on the other device.  

But otherwise I find all 4 above services work pretty well usually on their respective Roku apps.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The stream was far better than the race. I get that it’s a teusday….and time is a concern, but I do not understand why when there is even a thought that a track may rubber up, there is not some prep d

I don’t believe that type of track is fun for even the winner. It sucks. 

Britten didn't think it was a very good show and he did pretty well.   Sportsman race was fun to watch.  The modified was boring.  

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Much easier to read about it the next day. I had my daughter sign me up for Canandaigua so I could watch if i wanted. Can't never remember and if I do she ain't home so I ain't watching it anyway cause I'll never figure it out even though she has showed me numerous times. 

Land of legends to watch live is free(except SDS). 
I bought the replays  though which is 29.99.  That way if you have other plans , different race tracks or whatever else.  I can watch Sunday

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

It's a service issue between Dirtvision servers and the crappy browser we have to use on fire tv. yes.

But it's also the fact that dirtvision has neglected the largest part of the market which is fire tv software whether installed in a tv or through one of the Fire tv peripherals. Fire TV hardware & software is at the top in streaming devices and allows the fastest streaming experience. Unfortunately  it's browser sucks and dirtvision has not worked very fast on an app for the platform.  Floracing works extremely smooth on the fire tv as does MavTV. DTD his minimal issues now and then, and they have no where near the budget dirtvision.com does.

Knowing the FireTV issue, I bought a second small RokuTV set (so Roku built in, not the stick).  Ironically, I had trouble using the Flo app with it and same with DV.  Bought a separate Roku streaming stick for it and have no issues.  

For my main TVs I use AppleTV and very rarely have an issue, certainly not any buffering issues.  If I had to go with anything, I'd suggest AppleTV.  

8 hours ago, jumper12a said:

No you haven’t, they haven’t been a thing for years.

Um at least almost 4-5 years. 

Yes Flo has a very large operation, but almost all of it is based off deals using services from companies like DTDtv, Dirt on Dirt, and others. They also cover more then just racing. High School and College sports, marching bands, dance competitions and a lot more. All using outside sources. 

Dirtvision has their own crew and everything don't they?

Either way this day and age there should be absolutely no issues with streaming at home, even if I'm using a browser on FireTV.  We use to be able to stream Netflix and other streaming companies with just 10Mb down and 5Mb up without issues. There is more to the issue then just an app. There actually isn't much difference between an app and using a browser.  So I'm guessing there is a issue with Amazon's software that they add on over the Google software. But why does Dirtvision have such an issue when a small company like DTDtv doesn't?

I don't know what does A Few mean? Or a couple years? 

Now couple usually means two of something. But is often used to mean more then just two.

Again this has been an issue for almost 4 or 5 years. Because I can not remember when all the race streaming actually started. I know dirtvision.com has been around for almost 2 decades or more. And even with the increase speeds we now have with our internet, they still seem to always have issues. Some of it can still be blamed on how they have to get their internet connection at the tracks. Rush Hour had a big satellite truck at every live Rush Hour show.  (still not sure how they were able to run all that equipment at LV when they generator for the track quit. But anyways, I'm guessing some race tracks don't have high speed internet. And wireless is never as stable as a good cat5 or cat6 line.

I know I don't have any net speed issues here because I have fios  and 100/100 speeds usually more. And I keep track of the speeds going in and out of my router constantly. Learned I had to start doing that when I had Time Warner because they were always slowing down speeds on people. Kind of like what Spectrum is notorious for, and other very shady things.

2 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Um at least almost 4-5 years. 

Yes Flo has a very large operation, but almost all of it is based off deals using services from companies like DTDtv, Dirt on Dirt, and others. They also cover more then just racing. High School and College sports, marching bands, dance competitions and a lot more. All using outside sources. 

Dirtvision has their own crew and everything don't they?

Either way this day and age there should be absolutely no issues with streaming at home, even if I'm using a browser on FireTV.  We use to be able to stream Netflix and other streaming companies with just 10Mb down and 5Mb up without issues. There is more to the issue then just an app. There actually isn't much difference between an app and using a browser.  So I'm guessing there is a issue with Amazon's software that they add on over the Google software. But why does Dirtvision have such an issue when a small company like DTDtv doesn't?

These Apps & sticks haven’t been around 4-5 years.

10 hours ago, rpm72x said:

They have been around atleast almost 2-10 years. 

At least almost a couple, few, a whole dam bunch…………

• Like 1

This is a complete guess on my part, so take it with a grain of salt but I do have some experience in this area...

The issue with the browser could be that its somehow no longer compatible with the encoder settings on the video player that DIRTcar is using to protect their product.

Streaming has been around for a long time, and so has pirating.  But pirating of these streams has gotten OUT OF CONTROL in the past 12 months and the streaming companies (and promoters) have taken notice and are taking action to try and prevent it.

If the provider they are using to stream through changed the encoding in the back end of the video player to protect their streams from pirating on 3rd party sites, its more than likely not jiving with something in the web browser of the Amazon Fire Stick. 

On my smart TV Internet browser, I have no issues with DTD or heck, even OCFS streams. However Dirtvision just does not load, so I have to use the internet browser on my FireStick and it worked fine for Mr Dirt, but summer nationals I did get an audio lag of like 3 seconds, video had cars in 3rd turn and announcers said Sheppard leads at the flag? 

14 hours ago, jumper12a said:

These Apps & sticks haven’t been around 4-5 years.

First generation The first Fire TV was made available for purchase in the US on the same day of the April 2014 announcement for US$99 and was launched with a video game called Sev Zero.

First Generation Roku Players In 2008 the now-rebranded Netflix streaming player was released as Roku, and Roku, Inc., was created. At the time Roku was really just a Netflix-streaming device with no HD and only RCA connectors. Roku did not have a true HD streaming player until 2010 when they released the Roku HD.

Apple TV was unveiled as a work in progress called "iTV" on September 12, 2006 at an Apple Special Event using a modified Front Row interface using the Apple Remote. Apple started taking pre-orders for Apple TV on January 9, 2007.

DirtTrackDigest.TV began in 2017 with coverage of weekly events at the Utica-Rome Speedway in conjunction with promoters Bill and Kim Shea. Rapid expansion occurred in just a year with the broadcast of nearly 80 events over the course of the 2018 season.  The 2019 season saw coverage of weekly racing action as well as the entirety of the Short Track Super Series schedule and other major events including the historic Fonda 200.  2020 should bring us more of the same.

As you can see the streaming sticks and services have been around for over a decade now. Heck DTDtv has been around for almost half a decade. And they were one the first I can think of to have an app. I think you guys are just baiting me. But oh well, it does seem though that the Northeast and DIRT modified racing has always been front runner to use technology to expand our reach to fans. DIRT Motorsports tv department was way ahead of it's time in the streaming service when they tried to stream live races using the RealPlayer service. They even did the first podcast live from Super DIRT Week during qualifying. Before anyone knew what a podcast was. Heck the first Go-Pro to be on a race car was at OCFS, The second was in California on the company president's race car on a road course. Behrent's were one of the first to sell the 2nd generation Go-Pro to racers and race fans. It debuted at Atlantic City a few guys had bought them at the car show from Behrent's earlier that day. Most had no idea how to use them. They had some guy running from team to team trying to set them up for them. But it was the video from Mike Tidaback's wreck that really sold people on them. The next day Behrent's had the video from Tidaback's flip and they were selling like crazy. Now look there are cameras every where and streaming every where. 

The GoPro video, though it looks like a bad copy, can't find the original.

gamblers classic #43 cam - YouTube

From the stands

Gamblers classic ATQMRA Mike Tidaback High Flying flip and crash 2009 - YouTube

On 7/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, leroy said:

I believe people were complaining about DIRTVision long before aps existed.   And still do.

But seldom do you hear or have I  heard any complaints about Flo

why is this?

For half the price of Dirtvision, FLO has no issues and more races. I guess what I have never understood is why World Racing Group thinks a month is only 28 days. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

As you can see the streaming sticks and services have been around for over a decade now. Heck DTDtv has been around for almost half a decade. And they were one the first I can think of to have an app. I think you guys are just baiting me. But oh well, it does seem though that the Northeast and DIRT modified racing has always been front runner to use technology to expand our reach to fans. DIRT Motorsports tv department was way ahead of it's time in the streaming service when they tried to stream live races using the RealPlayer service. They even did the first podcast live from Super DIRT Week during qualifying. Before anyone knew what a podcast was. Heck the first Go-Pro to be on a race car was at OCFS, The second was in California on the company president's race car on a road course. Behrent's were one of the first to sell the 2nd generation Go-Pro to racers and race fans. It debuted at Atlantic City a few guys had bought them at the car show from Behrent's earlier that day. Most had no idea how to use them. They had some guy running from team to team trying to set them up for them. But it was the video from Mike Tidaback's wreck that really sold people on them. The next day Behrent's had the video from Tidaback's flip and they were selling like crazy. Now look there are cameras every where and streaming every where. 

The GoPro video, though it looks like a bad copy, can't find the original.

gamblers classic #43 cam - YouTube

From the stands

Gamblers classic ATQMRA Mike Tidaback High Flying flip and crash 2009 - YouTube

So the sticks were invented lol. Nobody had them.

2 hours ago, jumper12a said:

So the sticks were invented lol. Nobody had them.

Everyone has had a stick for atleast almost a couple of few years. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, chas71 said:

For half the price of Dirtvision, FLO has no issues and more races. I guess what I have never understood is why World Racing Group thinks a month is only 28 days. 

Flo has had issues this year, too.  Maybe just not for the race you were watching. 

7 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Everyone has had a stick for atleast almost a couple of few years. 

A lot of people I know have had them at least 4-5 years.  

myself I am away behind on tech stuff

11 minutes ago, leroy said:

A lot of people I know have had them at least 4-5 years.  

myself I am away behind on tech stuff

I don’t have one…..I connect a hdmi from my laptop to the TV…rarely do I have issues with any of the streaming platforms. Some are better than others, I don’t know how all of it works, but I’m guessing that maybe track location plays some sort of role in quality or issues that may arise. 

I bought a FireStick for the first time about a year ago. Didn’t even know what the hell it was prior to that. Now I have 3 of them, and 3 tv’s with it built in also. So I have 6 tv’s with operational FireSticks.

6 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I don’t have one…..I connect a hdmi from my laptop to the TV…rarely do I have issues with any of the streaming platforms. Some are better than others, I don’t know how all of it works, but I’m guessing that maybe track location plays some sort of role in quality or issues that may arise. 

I like to use my lap top while the races are on, or I will have one race on my tv using firetv, and another race on my lap top. Usually Mods on laptop and Lucas Late models on tv.

Now I know Dirtvision isn't as big as Florsports.com, but I know they have to have a bigger budget then Canandaigua , but the landoflegendstv.com site on the firestick browser is working flawlessly.  Beautiful picture, not choppy, and haven't seen a single load circle. I usually watch Fonda or Bridgeport but I thought I would try Canandaigua and its beautiful.

Like I said before Firesticks have been around for quite a while, back in 2015 people were buying multiple sticks, because you could "crack" them (not hack). Once you cracked them you could watch Netflix, Prime, Hbo, all the streaming services for free. And they would then sell them on ebay.com

46 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Like I said before Firesticks have been around for quite a while, back in 2015 people were buying multiple sticks, because you could "crack" them (not hack). Once you cracked them you could watch Netflix, Prime, Hbo, all the streaming services for free. And they would then sell them on ebay.com

"crack"  = install Kodi and watch poor quality "free" content IF addons/links worked.

Will that's what it means now, because the security on the fire sticks is much better now. I definitely recommend NOT to use Kodi. The majority of the links come with viruses or ransomware.

13 hours ago, jwin said:

Flo has had issues this year, too.  Maybe just not for the race you were watching. 

Are you using Roku? I have never had an issue and I switch back and forth alot.

7 hours ago, chas71 said:

Are you using Roku? I have never had an issue and I switch back and forth alot.

Both Roku and AppleTV.. I guess I was talking more of problems originating trackside (there was a rural track in PA that they couldn't get the All Stars signal out at for a while) so not really related to the device.  Just saying that Flo isn't without their flaws (though probably fewer than DV)

On 7/8/2021 at 1:19 PM, jimbo8574 said:

The Roku apps for Dirtvision, Floracing, LoL and Dirttrack Digest all work fine on Altice/Cablevision.  Not sure why they wouldn't work on Spectrum.  Its just streaming TV.

Happy that this year I don't have to hook my laptop up to my TV via HDMI like I did last year.  

One of the reasons I was considering Roku was to get rid of my cable boxes.  Not just the racing apps.

The way a friend explained it to me though is Roku is not compatible with the Spectum Ap.  Unless you have an old one for some reason.    I tried a couple searches online.  And it appears this is the case . Spectrum and Roku have not reached an agreement.

So if I do decide to cut the cord someday,  It will probably be the firestick.

• Like 1