• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The STSS actually broadcasts the draw from the drivers meeting now live on Facebook.  They don't even put the chips in a bucket anymore, they're just laid out face down on a cookie sheet that sit

yes.  I do not really care for that rule. But it is what it is. Williamson made it work for a 4th place finish in the end. Great weather. Great crowd. Great Racing.   There really was a coup

I went to UR last night. Was my first visit to UR in a few years. Best surface I have ever seen there. Was a very nice change from the normal hard slick ice skating rink after 2 laps in warmups. Plus

3 minutes ago, John Williams said:

Lol.....the irony

I don’t ever hear the whining that stew would have won if he started better. Only the other way around. 

• Like 1

I don't like watching Bridgeport, to much damn racing going on through the whole pack. You can't watch it all and the camera man can't catch it all. They really should cut the corners way down and get them down to only two smaller lanes. I just don't think all this 3 to 4 wide racing and multiple slide jobs every lap is good for the sport ya know? You don't see that in local asphalt racing do ya? And look how popular that is. 

:mail:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I don't like watching Bridgeport, to much damn racing going on through the whole pack. You can't watch it all and the camera man can't catch it all. They really should cut the corners way down and get them down to only two smaller lanes. I just don't think all this 3 to 4 wide racing and multiple slide jobs every lap is good for the sport ya know? You don't see that in local asphalt racing do ya? And look how popular that is. 

:mail:

There’s far more action while exiting a dirt track in your daily driver than at pavement races. I will give those fans credit though, they get excited when they think someone might pass another car. I remember being at Oswego for my 1st and only regular Saturday night. I had some friends that attend often, the crowd would constantly stand up….so up I went….after the 3rd time with nothing to see I asked my buddy what the hell we are standing up for. He told me so and so gets a hell of a run down the back stretch and almost goes to the top in 3 on whoever was in front of him. I laughed, then offered him 100 bucks to give me a ride home immediately. He did not oblige and I was stuck reading stuff on my phone for the rest of the event. I will never return unless they have dirt on the place. 

• Like 2

I think is simply starting later. Much easier to keep moisture in the track. Haven’t been in years but living 10 minutes away I’m gonna have to check it out before the season ends

On 7/31/2021 at 9:51 AM, DowntheBackStretch said:

What the hell has happened to the racing surface at Utica Rome? Holy shit that track was fast last night!  Again!

1 minute ago, 4wheelin said:

I think is simply starting later. Much easier to keep moisture in the track. Haven’t been in years but living 10 minutes away I’m gonna have to check it out before the season ends

A lot cooler temperatures than we are used to seeing  at this time of year maybe? 

A lot of rain as well.   The parking area was very soft the night of STSS.  

I went to UR last night. Was my first visit to UR in a few years. Best surface I have ever seen there. Was a very nice change from the normal hard slick ice skating rink after 2 laps in warmups. Plus were zero ruts in turn 1. Have never seen that before either. Great job to the track crew for sure.  

• Like 3