2 hours ago, leroy said:

I liked the supers much better without the wings.  More slip sliding off of four

Always like the ISMA cars and I've not missed a KoW yet.

As for weekly wings... We shall see.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opinion only…there’s been aero issues ever since the first Hawk cars were built. The tail sections had gotten so elaborate and expensive they had to do something.  But rather than just revert back

13 teams are following the tour.  Saturday show makes it difficult to expect much PA support.  Marks has run well at Weedsport before and could show up.  Dietrich has Port Royal on his schedule.  Shou

Agreed. The WoO Schedule is odd this time of year because you have so much money happening from the Kings Royal to the Grove Summer Nationals, and then you have a 2 week break between that and Pevely/

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

I haven’t been to a regular show yet this year. From what I hear there’s some aero issues & cars can’t pass. 

My opinion only…there’s been aero issues ever since the first Hawk cars were built. The tail sections had gotten so elaborate and expensive they had to do something.  But rather than just revert back to the shovel nose and single plane tails, they mandated this new wing which has only changed the problem and not fixed it. Until the cars are back to being significantly more dependent on mechanical grip instead of aero grip, this won’t ever be fixed. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, racermurray said:

Let us know what the facility is like . Last time i was there several years ago the place was falling apart.

I’ve only been there once before. 3 or 4 years ago. I don’t recall it being bad, but I was in the pits majority of the time.

I saw Greg Wilson, and Jared Zimbardi are coming. I assume they'll try to get some local cars to fill in. It is a tough date because Port has a big show and Lincoln is also $5k to win, so you're not likely to get any PA cars. 

I kind of wish they would go back to a midweek schedule like they had in the 80s/90s because the fields would be much better. 

10 minutes ago, con7 said:

I saw Greg Wilson, and Jared Zimbardi are coming. I assume they'll try to get some local cars to fill in. It is a tough date because Port has a big show and Lincoln is also $5k to win, so you're not likely to get any PA cars. 

I kind of wish they would go back to a midweek schedule like they had in the 80s/90s because the fields would be much better. 

They've had 30+ cars at Weedsport when it was on a Sunday too within the last 6 or 7 years. I know the weather screwed them when they had the date after the spring Williams Grove dates but I feel like car counts generally would have a better shot at being a little better then right now during Month of Money when there are shows basically every night and its after the Ohio and PA speedweeks and some guys are getting ready for Knoxville or starting to tighten their racing budgets etc.

Zimbardi I should have guessed would be there. He's supported this show before and had a 410 for it. 

2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

They've had 30+ cars at Weedsport when it was on a Sunday too within the last 6 or 7 years. I know the weather screwed them when they had the date after the spring Williams Grove dates but I feel like car counts generally would have a better shot at being a little better then right now during Month of Money when there are shows basically every night and its after the Ohio and PA speedweeks and some guys are getting ready for Knoxville or starting to tighten their racing budgets etc.

Zimbardi I should have guessed would be there. He's supported this show before and had a 410 for it. 

Agreed. The WoO Schedule is odd this time of year because you have so much money happening from the Kings Royal to the Grove Summer Nationals, and then you have a 2 week break between that and Pevely/Knoxville. This is the weekend you probably want to be closer to a sprint car hotbed because there is so much competition. Hoping for 20 competitive cars and a few field fillers. We'll see. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, con7 said:

26 cars, pretty good field considering the factors working against them. 

Agreed. I wouldn’t have guessed they would get to 26. Glad they did and have a full field! Hope everyone keeps it in one piece and can run tomorrow and maybe Wight runs tomorrow?

Hoddick racing had 2 cars tonight also. Both 410's I believe. Tangled together in the heat but I'd guess they'll both be at Weedsport. And a shout out to Paulie C. What a great job and he almost had the win. He was rolling the top for sure. I think there were 20 410's. 

• Like 1

Anyone have a ride open? I've been doing pretty good in the 360 sprints on iRacing especially at Weedsport. I don't think 410s will be to difficult. :jester:

36 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Anyone have a ride open? I've been doing pretty good in the 360 sprints on iRacing especially at Weedsport. I don't think 410s will be to difficult. :jester:

Bud if I had a 410 I'd for sure put you in it and take the brakes out of it. (Joking of course?)

• Haha 1
On 7/29/2021 at 1:08 PM, westracing01 said:

Always like the ISMA cars and I've not missed a KoW yet.

As for weekly wings... We shall see.

First KoW I've missed.  First 2 350 heats were pretty good.  Curious how the crowd is?  Normally I see some dirt fans at this event, but with Weedsport having a huge crowd tonight, I'm guessing the crowd is a little light compared to previous KoW events?  

18 hours ago, macho said:

Bud if I had a 410 I'd for sure put you in it and take the brakes out of it. (Joking of course?)

Who needs brakes? That's what the walls are for, just ask Haudenschild.

1 hour ago, con7 said:

I only watched on DirtVision but I thought Weedsport was In pretty good shape last night. 2 entertaining races, kudos to the track crew. 

The sprint feature was good, Wight was moving up pretty quick. But something happen when he got to Kinser, he dropped back and never recovered. But Danny Varin was crazy fast late.  The sprint was really good.

The modified race was ok, for a while it looked like it was just going to lock down to the bottom and I didn't think anyone had anything for Sears he has been crazy this season. But Jimmy did make it interesting at the end.

It was going to get very interesting had it not been for the last caution. Jimmy was rolling pretty good at that point. It appeared he was better than Sears when they were in line, as soon as the 98 had to change his entry angle he was tight in the middle and would lose the nose a bit. That hurt him without the help of lapped cars. 

I liked how Haudenschild was getting a hell of a bite off the turn 2 wall to pass guys down the back stretch.

• Like 1