28 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Joey Scarborough and Demetrios Drellos were competing for second place in the 30-lap feature race on Saturday night when Drellos made contact from behind with Scarborough’s car, resulting in both cars spinning off the track and crashing. Drellos pulled his car out of the race immediately after the incident, but he would not have been allowed to continue had he tried to return.

For his unsportsmanlike conduct, Demetrios Drellos has been placed last in the finishing order of the race (26th place) and will receive a 50-point penalty in the weekly handicap. Drellos has also been suspended from competition for one (1) race at Devil’s Bowl Speedway and will not be eligible to compete on Saturday, August 7. He will be allowed to return for the “Battle at the Bowl” event on Sunday, August 8.

I read the link.  The penalties listed seem stiff for just an on track incident.   no?   

must be more to it

• Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Drellos is the Godown of NY? 🤔

The people on here can't let go of the mile. How do you expect them to let go of some racer making another racer mad 3 years ago?

my point is this was 2 years ago,,,,,time to let it go

41 minutes ago, leroy said:

I read the link.  The penalties listed seem stiff for just an on track incident.   no?   

must be more to it

A lot more than an on track incident , watch the video . Were talking about a lunatic who couldn't control his temper and came close to killing an innocent bystander in the pits after the race was over.   BTW you going to Canandaigua Wednesday ?

When is some track promoter going to park Drellos once and for all. What Joey did in the pits is way way over the top and should be parked for good. Drellos starts all this nonsense by being on the track. There's only 1 driver I hate more than Drellos. If a track won't bench Drellos for good then a driver should. Without using a car of course. 

54 minutes ago, dlouisb131 said:

When is some track promoter going to park Drellos once and for all. What Joey did in the pits is way way over the top and should be parked for good. Drellos starts all this nonsense by being on the track. There's only 1 driver I hate more than Drellos. If a track won't bench Drellos for good then a driver should. Without using a car of course. 

Im sure there is a former driver of the 111 looking down on us all with a BIG smile on his face. He would be the guy to bench Drellos back in the day.  Also, common sense will tell you that if Kenny Tremont was at the end of his rope with this kid there was definitely a good reason for it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, racermurray said:

A lot more than an on track incident , watch the video . Were talking about a lunatic who couldn't control his temper and came close to killing an innocent bystander in the pits after the race was over.   BTW you going to Canandaigua Wednesday ?

I thought the video posted in the pits was of the Scarborough car.   not Drellos

yes I will be at Canandaigua.   

I think the punishments are good. It's not the first time Dominic has had issues on the track a sit down for a week is fine. 

As for Joey, after that stunt I wouldn't allow him back ever. If I was another promoter at a track he may come to run at, I would let him know he isn't welcome.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I think the punishments are good. It's not the first time Dominic has had issues on the track a sit down for a week is fine. 

As for Joey, after that stunt I wouldn't allow him back ever. If I was another promoter at a track he may come to run at, I would let him know he isn't welcome.

Joey Scarborough is 6th in points at Malta

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Scarborough runs into the wrong parked racecar in the pits and at the same moment, the racecar pushes a fence into a porta john that houses the owner/promoter doing his business?

You can't make this stuff up.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chas71 said:

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Scarborough runs into the wrong parked racecar in the pits and at the same moment, the racecar pushes a fence into a porta john that houses the owner/promoter doing his business?

You can't make this stuff up.

Haha I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. Crazy. 

12 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Im sure there is a former driver of the 111 looking down on us all with a BIG smile on his face. He would be the guy to bench Drellos back in the day.  Also, common sense will tell you that if Kenny Tremont was at the end of his rope with this kid there was definitely a good reason for it.

Joey  is  a hot head at times and screwed up big time Bruno did what he had to do and lucky no one was hurt That being said it's time Drellos had few things explained out to him He started this whole thing and is leaving ruins in his wake .......Scarborough family probably has been involved in that area racing  since 1960 so it's a no win situation that Drellos put Bruno in and also pulled same BS at Malta and also put management in bad spot with Tremont family supporting HC since day one  Drellos has won 10 races at Devils Bowl and has talent and car to pass others without the BS ...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, old racer said:

Joey  is  a hot head at times and screwed up big time Bruno did what he had to do and lucky no one was hurt That being said it's time Drellos had few things explained out to him He started this whole thing and is leaving ruins in his wake .......Scarborough family probably has been involved in that area racing  since 1960 so it's a no win situation that Drellos put Bruno in and also pulled same BS at Malta and also put management in bad spot with Tremont family supporting HC since day one  Drellos has won 10 races at Devils Bowl and has talent and car to pass others without the BS ...

Maybe Drellos thinks he is playing a video game? No big deal to get into other drivers when you cant pass them cleanly. He is building a history for himself.

• Like 1

This where tracks need to work together. The Scarborough kid shouldnt be allowed to race any where for a while. If anything the father needs to sit him down for awhile.  There is ZERO excuse for driving like that in the pit area. I have no doubt Drellos dumped him (past actions lead me to this conclusion) and deserved a beating but you can't put innocent people in danger just because you are pissed/upset/seeing red etc....  I still can't believe that this isn't about Johnny Scarborough but I digress. Still plenty of time left this season. My understanding over the years is that Johnny and Don are not related in any manner but I could certainly be wrong. 

• Like 5

If I take my personal vehicle and deliberately ram it into another person’s car, an assault charge would surly follow… why should the laws be any different in a race track pit area?  Scarborough should be banned from the sport of car racing for that move.  Complete BS.  

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, NHmodfan80 said:

If I take my personal vehicle and deliberately ram it into another person’s car, an assault charge would surly follow… why should the laws be any different in a race track pit area?  Scarborough should be banned from the sport of car racing for that move.  Complete BS.  

Actually you could possibly be charged with attempted murder.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jack Brady said:

Actually you could possibly be charged with attempted murder.

And that would I assume would  please certain  people  more than anything and some can keep baiting people Certain drivers may  think riding behind certain drivers   Lets put the iron to this fool in front of me and see how this crazy bastard reacts ?.... I can just sit back a watch these fools self destruct and bring attention to myself and create  social media attention and get competition banned for life with luck and track owners and and media will fall over themselves doing my work   .....

35 minutes ago, old racer said:

And that would I assume would  please certain  people  more than anything and some can keep baiting people Certain drivers may  think riding behind certain drivers   Lets put the iron to this fool in front of me and see how this crazy bastard reacts ?.... I can just sit back a watch these fools self destruct and bring attention to myself and create  social media attention and get competition banned for life with luck and track owners and and media will fall over themselves doing my work   .....

Huh? Lol.... Could you please rethink that and try again? 

Are you drunk ?  You typed a lot of words but didn't say anything .

• Haha 1

I’ve read and reread this five times and have no idea what it means. 

• Like 2

Is this written in English ??

19 hours ago, happyracer said:

This where tracks need to work together. The Scarborough kid shouldnt be allowed to race any where for a while. If anything the father needs to sit him down for awhile.  There is ZERO excuse for driving like that in the pit area. I have no doubt Drellos dumped him (past actions lead me to this conclusion) and deserved a beating but you can't put innocent people in danger just because you are pissed/upset/seeing red etc....  I still can't believe that this isn't about Johnny Scarborough but I digress. Still plenty of time left this season. My understanding over the years is that Johnny and Don are not related in any manner but I could certainly be wrong. 

Most tracks can't even work together on same rules, unless run by same person. No way they all working together on banning someone. Only way they might pay attention is if as in this instance he shows up at another track and everyone in that class says if he unloads and runs, we all loading up and going home. Prolly be out their get in money but I'd think a smart promoter would refund his and send him out the gate instead of a one car show. 

2 hours ago, old racer said:

tenor.gif?ctx=share

• Like 1