54 minutes ago, John Williams said:

tenor.gif?ctx=share

Okay. I'm a little nervous because I actually understood it. I think???? I believe he is saying that if you want to remove the competition, bang them around a little bit and see how they react. If they blow a gasket, keep banging them and eventually they will flip out resulting in them being removed by others and not you. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Drellos is the Godown of NY? ūü§Ē

The people on here can't let go of the mile. How do you expect them to let go of some racer making another racer mad 3 years ago?

my point is this was 2 years ago,,,,,time to let it go

On track stuff is on track stuff.  Maybe even a little hand to hand in the pits is just that.  But the second you try to use your car to get your revenge in the pits you need to be done for the entire year.  Pits should be an absolute zero tolerance situation.  78% of people that are in most pit areas really shouldn't be because they have no idea WTF is going on around them and they walk around like its the grandstands.  But tracks aren't going to regulate that, so they need to regulate the safety of that area much harder.  I'd ban the kid for the year, and I'd hope ( as much i know it wont happen) that other tracks would do the same.       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, NHmodfan80 said:

Is this written in English ??

Let me simplify things  I assume driver knew he would get a reaction when he took Joey out no question he absolutely  knew with high probability  Joey would react  People who run against Joey know he gets angry Fellow drivers probably all know this... I doubt driver who took him out of 2nd place knew how crazy things would get but he knew he would get reaction from his actions  I personally saw Joey flip out after getting wrecked at Malta this year Joey  stayed in car but was very angry and was making his feelings known to driver beside him in other  wrecked car .....People have tried to somehow relate Joey's actions to another person with same  last name and fact is  there is no blood relation to Joey and other driver with same last name .....Simple facts are nothing happens after race if Joey is not taken out by other driver .....He was wrecked on purpose and could not control himself after and nothing but extreme luck saved him from going to jail that nite and still being there ......I'm sure there are people that are glad to see him gone But don't forget how this started and who started whole drama and this is not first and doubt will be last driver who gets barred from taking action against this driver who is best known for drama he creates  against long time family teams ......I have no  skin in this game but hate to see things get to point where a good young talent is set up and played by driver with much more experience  and his driving days may be over and family who supported racing for 50 plus years out of racing in that area possibly for good ....And I would tell Joey myself you played rite into other drivers hands and motives no question and hopefully a life lesson learned and when it gets to point you let people like other driver get into your head hang up the helmet and move on ....

• Like 1

I very vaguely remember the Malta incident.  Wasn't that just a heat race and wasn't he able to get in through the consi?  I could be wrong though.  In that case don't think the other the other driver was trying to take him out.  I watch Malta most Fridays and don't recall anyone seemingly trying to wreck anyone else weekly.  There are going to be accidents.  

Driving through the pits at high speed/gear and ramming another car (wrong one at that) just a few feet away from pedestrians can't be an acceptable reaction anywhere.

Maybe go punch the guy in the face like Shepard did.  Maybe wreck the guy next week.  Maybe take your car else where on a Saturday if you feel the track isn't addressing the dirty driving properly. 

I just don't see repeated dirty driving at Malta, Fonda or LoL (the 3 tracks I watched most this year).   I will say I miss bits and pieces of LoL and Fonda switching back and forth and don't always watch all the other divisions so perhaps I am missing some sort of heated rivalry there. 

1 hour ago, old racer said:

Let me simplify things  I assume driver knew he would get a reaction when he took Joey out no question he absolutely  knew with high probability  Joey would react  People who run against Joey know he gets angry Fellow drivers probably all know this... I doubt driver who took him out of 2nd place knew how crazy things would get but he knew he would get reaction from his actions  I personally saw Joey flip out after getting wrecked at Malta this year Joey  stayed in car but was very angry and was making his feelings known to driver beside him in other  wrecked car .....People have tried to somehow relate Joey's actions to another person with same  last name and fact is  there is no blood relation to Joey and other driver with same last name .....Simple facts are nothing happens after race if Joey is not taken out by other driver .....He was wrecked on purpose and could not control himself after and nothing but extreme luck saved him from going to jail that nite and still being there ......I'm sure there are people that are glad to see him gone But don't forget how this started and who started whole drama and this is not first and doubt will be last driver who gets barred from taking action against this driver who is best known for drama he creates  against long time family teams ......I have no  skin in this game but hate to see things get to point where a good young talent is set up and played by driver with much more experience  and his driving days may be over and family who supported racing for 50 plus years out of racing in that area possibly for good ....And I would tell Joey myself you played rite into other drivers hands and motives no question and hopefully a life lesson learned and when it gets to point you let people like other driver get into your head hang up the helmet and move on ....

Didn’t drellos wreck as well? Seems if your idea is correct, you wouldn’t want to take yourself in the process. Bottom line is, if your that mad go park your car….get out and go to the other driver. Nothing…..absolutely nothing justifies using a racecar as a weapon. The damn fool should have gotten beat up at Malta when he threw a 15 minute temper tantrum in his car, over something that iirc was as much his fault. He definitely should have gotten the boots to him for what he pulled last weekend. He’s a punk, and maybe Drellos is as well, they both apparently need to have their ass beat for their actions. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, old racer said:

That was some serious mental gymnastics to explain that this isnt joeys fault. People get spun out every week in sportsman all over the northeast and I can't say as I recall anyone else crashing into the wrong car in the pits and then trying to say they were the victim in the situation 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jimbo8574 said:

I very vaguely remember the Malta incident.  Wasn't that just a heat race and wasn't he able to get in through the consi?  I could be wrong though.  In that case don't think the other the other driver was trying to take him out.  I watch Malta most Fridays and don't recall anyone seemingly trying to wreck anyone else weekly.  There are going to be accidents.  

Driving through the pits at high speed/gear and ramming another car (wrong one at that) just a few feet away from pedestrians can't be an acceptable reaction anywhere.

Maybe go punch the guy in the face like Shepard did.  Maybe wreck the guy next week.  Maybe take your car else where on a Saturday if you feel the track isn't addressing the dirty driving properly. 

I just don't see repeated dirty driving at Malta, Fonda or LoL (the 3 tracks I watched most this year).   I will say I miss bits and pieces of LoL and Fonda switching back and forth and don't always watch all the other divisions so perhaps I am missing some sort of heated rivalry there. 

Ask Kenny Tremont what he thinks of the way Drellos drives.  

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Ask Kenny Tremont what he thinks of the way Drellos drives.  

everyone keeps bringing this up, last I knew that was a couple years ago and no issues since then. as for his driving now, i've watched a lot of races this year that he's been in and haven't seen anything to suggest he's purposely out there wrecking anyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, macdaddywendell said:

everyone keeps bringing this up, last I knew that was a couple years ago and no issues since then. as for his driving now, i've watched a lot of races this year that he's been in and haven't seen anything to suggest he's purposely out there wrecking anyone.

My point is that his driving was a BIG issue with Tremont at the time. It wasnt one incident. It was ongoing. If Im not mistaken I believe Tremont refused to race at Malta one week after the antics of Drellos and nothing was done about it. It was I believe 2 years ago. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. All I know is Kenny was livid about it!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

My point is that his driving was a BIG issue with Tremont at the time. It wasnt one incident. It was ongoing. If Im not mistaken I believe Tremont refused to race at Malta one week after the antics of Drellos and nothing was done about it. It was I believe 2 years ago. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. All I know is Kenny was livid about it!

my point is this was 2 years ago,,,,,time to let it go

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Funny, My facebook memory today has Devils Bowl & Airborne Park suspending John Scarborough permanently on 8/4/15 because of a physical altercation at Glen Ridge

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Devin Willis said:

That was some serious mental gymnastics to explain that this isnt joeys fault. People get spun out every week in sportsman all over the northeast and I can't say as I recall anyone else crashing into the wrong car in the pits and then trying to say they were the victim in the situation 

Joey is gone and 100% his fault for losing his mind in rage over getting dumped  and track owner said Joey was victim in race and ran a great race and #111 was and is penalized for what he did to Joey on track .....A far as anyone crashing into a car I clearly remember Sears Jr coming out not in of pits and IDK WTH he was thinking in rage when he T Boned Varin at Brewerton Only difference was he coming out not in pits but much worse crash He now has matured and is winning He also was extremely lucky he did not hurt Varin and go to jail .....

36 minutes ago, old racer said:

Joey is gone and 100% his fault for losing his mind in rage over getting dumped  and track owner said Joey was victim in race and ran a great race and #111 was and is penalized for what he did to Joey on track .....A far as anyone crashing into a car I clearly remember Sears Jr coming out not in of pits and IDK WTH he was thinking in rage when he T Boned Varin at Brewerton Only difference was he coming out not in pits but much worse crash He now has matured and is winning He also was extremely lucky he did not hurt Varin and go to jail .....

If I remember correctly, they did not sit Sears down for the remainder of the evening.  Total moron move the way he came down the embankment in turn 1 and T-boned Bobby.  As a fan it pisses me off that the Palmers took the 76 home and never came back.

5 minutes ago, old racer said:

Yeah it was on the track and everyone involved was strapped in with a helmet on. The chance of hurting someone going 20 mph is nearly 0. The chance of killing someone crashing Into a parked car in the pits is significantly higher. 

The response to sears was wow that was stupid vs he literally almost killed that dude in the flannel and was pretty close to flipping to porta John the owner of the track was in. To say they are comparable events is silly

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Yeah it was on the track and everyone involved was strapped in with a helmet on. The chance of hurting someone going 20 mph is nearly 0. The chance of killing someone crashing Into a parked car in the pits is significantly higher. 

The response to sears was wow that was stupid vs he literally almost killed that dude in the flannel and was pretty close to flipping to porta John the owner of the track was in. To say they are comparable events is silly

Whatever floats your boat I'll agree with  to to make your day better ....Track boss  made  ruling case closed ....

Bob used to park at the top of the track and drill a guy if he felt wronged….crowd all applauded. Varin wasn’t going to get hurt by a car hitting him under yellow going 25mph….get with the program. The punishment is correct for Drellos and correct for Scarborough….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Bob used to park at the top of the track and drill a guy if he felt wronged….crowd all applauded. Varin wasn’t going to get hurt by a car hitting him under yellow going 25mph….get with the program. The punishment is correct for Drellos and correct for Scarborough….

Is there any video footage of what transpired with Drellos?   I can agree with punishment for Scarborough.   I can not have any opinion on Drellos without seeing something.........  

30 minutes ago, leroy said:

Is there any video footage of what transpired with Drellos?   I can agree with punishment for Scarborough.   I can not have any opinion on Drellos without seeing something.........  

I have no idea….nor did I see it, I’m only going off of the information given. Drellos has a bit of a reputation, even though I have not really seen it myself, but where there’s smoke there’s fire so my guess is he probably did something to warrant a 1 week vacation. I have talked to one person who was there and he did say Scarborough was done dirty, but ruined any chance of being a victim when he drove into the wrong car in the pits. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

I have no idea….nor did I see it, I’m only going off of the information given. Drellos has a bit of a reputation, even though I have not really seen it myself, but where there’s smoke there’s fire so my guess is he probably did something to warrant a 1 week vacation. I have talked to one person who was there and he did say Scarborough was done dirty, but ruined any chance of being a victim when he drove into the wrong car in the pits. 

He ran into Stone's car and these peoples families have raced and done business together for 60 years You have no idea like you said what happened or what  is going on You wouldn't know these people if you tripped over them and since you stated Joey should get his ass kicked on here please give me heads up when your going to Vermont to do it I want to watch . Sunday ?.... Joey's father is a Bicknell dealer which I'm sure expert like you already knew   And I would think will take care of Stone car damage if any   and regrets whole situation ...I can remember Norm Scarborough tuning up Gardner Stone's z28 Camaro in  60s As far as video even if you saw it you would have your own slant on it I'm sure you are  a video expert among other things ....No one talks about Devils Bowl much usually on DTD so this situation is a good advertisement for this weeks race since this  subject has been viewed 4500 times ....Carry on maybe subject can hit 5k views ...And if visiting Vermont this week remember state leads nation with 85 % approximate vax rate Sunset at this track is worth admission alone .....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Why are you talking about Drellos past? Time to let it go.  Come on man.

• Haha 1

I heard all the stories about Drellos and his problems with Tremont, but every time I've watched him race at other tracks he seems to be pretty respectful on the track.

• Haha 1