As I stated on an earlier thread, I have not been to Canandaigua in a couple of years since the pandemic.  I really enjoyed the show tonight.  Great weather.  Fantastic crowd.  Really good food and a relatively tight show.  A couple of observations:

1. I was surprised how dominant Britten was in the first 60 lapper and how he was nowhere to be found in the second.
  2. I was impressed by #2 in the first 60 lapper.  Lehner is his name?   I don't think he runs at Canandaigua regularly but he put on a great show. But again, did not do too much in the second race.  
  3. Tim Fuller and Erik Rudolph were solid in both races. 
  4. I really liked how Mclaughlin tried the cushion in the second race and made a lot of spots.  Would like to have seen that earlier.  
  5. Stew was Stew.  Dominated the second race.  
  6. Shepard seemed a little bit off.  Never really did anything to my surprise.
  7. Nice job with the Sportsman.  I don't think there was a single wreck over 30 laps.  64 seemed to have something the others did not. 

Overall, another great night.  Nice job by the promoters, crew, and drivers.  Well worth the 30 smackers.       

49 minutes ago, racerguy said:

From the sounds of it Stew was a rocket in the first feature as well, pitting for a flat, coming out 28th and getting to 7th all under green flag laps.

Idk if stew would have been able to do much with peter, but he was on par for sure. Had he gotten a yellow or 2 in the first feature during his run back through, he would have made it interesting. Congrats to Britten, well deserved win last night.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, racerguy said:

From the sounds of it Stew was a rocket in the first feature as well, pitting for a flat, coming out 28th and getting to 7th all under green flag laps.

ICE front row winners all nite but great to see Britten get a win ......Disappointing because I have watched LOL this year when track was watered and  had muti grooves and great racing .....No way I would watch another ICE SDS race where draw determines front row winner I shut it down after buying   Great crowd  and nice place but  flat out did not prepare track for passing for biggest event of year at LOL Compared to Bridgeport NJ  racing that was a joke last nite ....A wasted opportunity to promote DIRT BB racing on big stage at LOL on DIRT Vision   Track prep at Bridgeport is lite years ahead of most all tracks on both Deyo & DIRT simply because they keep moisture in track  and Bridgeport should have paid seminars for track owners ....

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, old racer said:

ICE front row winners all nite but great to see Britten get a win ......Disappointing because I have watched LOL this year when track was watered and  had muti grooves and great racing .....No way I would watch another ICE SDS race where draw determines front row winner I shut it down after buying   Great crowd  and nice place but  flat out did not prepare track for passing for biggest event of year at LOL Compared to Bridgeport NJ  racing that was a joke last nite ....A wasted opportunity to promote DIRT BB racing on big stage at LOL on DIRT Vision   Track prep at Bridgeport is lite years ahead of most all tracks on both Deyo & DIRT simply because they keep moisture in track  and Bridgeport should have paid seminars for track owners ....

If you like great back & forth racing on a fantastic surface, then Bridgeport is what you should be watching

• Like 1
2 hours ago, old racer said:

Wait doesn’t Deyo pick for starting spots in the feature? I guess you weren’t at Bridgeport for the USAC Sprints. Track was slick and super dusty. Great chance to shine on FloRacing with USAC and Bridgeport dropped the ball.

2 hours ago, old racer said:

I couldnt believe when I looked at lap times. I thought I was mistakenly looking at Pro Stock lap times. Man was that track slow or what? Lets see what BD does with UR track surface tomorrow nite with sunny skies and temps in the mid 80's.  Im glad I didnt go last night. Ive never been to LOL but all I ever hear is what a fast track it is.  I would have been disappointed. I bet the next show you will see the track fast like it usually is.

It’s been said many times on here that the drivers prefer a smooth, slick track. Easier on engines, drivetrains, bodywork, etc…

Just generally sucks for fans. Myself, I honestly don’t care how fast they are going, if there’s multiple lanes to move around and ample passing, I’m fine with a slick track. 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, 4wheelin said:

Anyone see who/ what caused the wreck in the second feature? Looked like a lot of wrecked cars.

What was said on the PA was Larry spun around facing traffic.  There were replays on the big screen, But it was hard to see from where I sit,  in turn one.

8 minutes ago, ChrisAkulis said:

It’s been said many times on here that the drivers prefer a smooth, slick track. Easier on engines, drivetrains, bodywork, etc…

Just generally sucks for fans. Myself, I honestly don’t care how fast they are going, if there’s multiple lanes to move around and ample passing, I’m fine with a slick track. 

Seems to me a lot of guys on the SDS have that dry slick figured out .  I did see plenty of passing last night. 

And very few cautions.     

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, leroy said:

What was said on the PA was Larry spun around facing traffic.  There were replays on the big screen, But it was hard to see from where I sit,  in turn one.

Looks like # 99 was total loss less some running gear  He didn't even make it to flag stand on initial start of race IDT 

22 minutes ago, old racer said:

Looks like # 99 was total loss less some running gear  He didn't even make it to flag stand on initial start of race IDT 

The field was completing lap 1 when the wreck happened.  The first few cars crossed the line before it happened, but they did not count the lap. 

what's it with people complaining about no passing just because the winners came from the front row? there was a lot of passing in both races. lehner from the rear to top 5 and competing for top3 in the first one, friesen from the rear to top 10 as well after the flat. rudolph and sears also passed a bunch....in the 2nd one not as much but fuller and lehner did a bunch that i recall.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, macdaddywendell said:

what's it with people complaining about no passing just because the winners came from the front row? there was a lot of passing in both races. lehner from the rear to top 5 and competing for top3 in the first one, friesen from the rear to top 10 as well after the flat. rudolph and sears also passed a bunch....in the 2nd one not as much but fuller and lehner did a bunch that i recall.

The person complaining can’t stand the fact that his guy went backwards in both races. Lehner, Sears, Stew, Rudolph all showed how to pass on that surface. 

• Like 4

I was happy for Britten.  Only his second Super Dirt win.   

The accident on lap 1 of the second 60 was crazy.  Wonder if Wight had some help going around?  Glad all 4 drivers seems to be ok.  

3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

The person complaining can’t stand the fact that his guy went backwards in both races. Lehner, Sears, Stew, Rudolph all showed how to pass on that surface. 

Fuller👍

Not a huge Fuller fan.   But he was making the top work in the second 60

• Like 1
2 hours ago, leroy said:

Fuller👍

Yes Fuller as well…..there was plenty of passing last night.

4 hours ago, leroy said:

Fuller👍

Reminded me of him running that top side on a regular basis in 2018 at MIR to his record 10 wins at the speedway that season 

I don't have a single complaint about the show... I thought I watched a lot of great racing, who cares who won. Though I was happy to see Britten have his day, man he was fast. A half a track lead over 2nd place at the finish. 

I pretty much knew Freisen was going to take off, though he didn't at first.  I really liked the show Tim Fuller put on, he fell back in the first feature but stormed back, and he was the show in the 2nd.

Larry I think started 9th pretty much where he was coming off 4 when he got tagged and spun around right in the middle of the field. I can't even imagine what Daniel thought the .5 seconds before he ran in to Larry. He had no where to go and no time to do really anything. He wasn't having to bad of a night up till that point. Was 3rd fastest in his TT group for heats. You really have to hand it to the chassis builders and the safety equipment driver's have now. 20 years ago Larry would of been seriously injured, heck even 10 years ago. Just glad everyone got out ok.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:24 AM, old racer said:

we went 26th-5th and 20th-10th. The track was certainly racey and allowed passing. We were able to pass a lot of cars because we hit it right and were much better in the features than our qualifying efforts. The reason fans may not see a lot of passing is not the tracks fault, its because everyone in a SDS A-main are very good drivers with very good cars. On top of that, we all have very similar equipment. There is little room to find large gains over the competition. When the whole field is separated by generally less than a second and we all qualify for position based on time trials, it results in most drivers starting the race right about where they will finish. All the redraw cars are so, so close therefore clean air becomes a huge advantage

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1