Who will be Crowned 2021 Fonda Modified Champion?

Unfortunately, the meet and greet got cancelled when the rainout happened last Saturday. The fans love these meet and greets, and there were literally hundreds of people down on the track for this one. 

Then, the antiques had a bad night on the track with several cautions including a roll.

These two things are what made it a long night. Doesn't change anything, but just giving people that weren't there a perspective on why it was a long night. 

All I know for sure is that I enjoyed the season up there, and it sure does seem good to go to a track that has a big crowd every week.  

Would someone explain to the vintage antique cars that they are supposed to be a rolling car show….they took forever at weedsport as well with cars wrecking and flipping. Not to mention there’s a bunch of different classes of them, most of which are not even using cars from the time period, different chassis with an old body wedged on them. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mike aylesworth said:

Unfortunately, the meet and greet got cancelled when the rainout happened last Saturday. The fans love these meet and greets, and there were literally hundreds of people down on the track for this one. 

Then, the antiques had a bad night on the track with several cautions including a roll.

These two things are what made it a long night. Doesn't change anything, but just giving people that weren't there a perspective on why it was a long night. 

All I know for sure is that I enjoyed the season up there, and it sure does seem good to go to a track that has a big crowd every week.  

It seemed like they ran the cars under caution for more laps than they needed to. Not sure wht was going on but it seemed like the "old" Fonda where they would run 3-4 laps under caution every time the caution came out.  They should have moved the Modified feature to run ahead of the Sportsman feature. Some people were leaving when they announced they would do a short track prep.

5 hours ago, mike aylesworth said:

They sure seem to sell a lot of 50/50 tickets. $6100+ for the winning ticket last night isn't too shabby.

Maybe for most people there was really no urgent hurry to leave on a Saturday night?     I mean why attend?  If your in that big of a hurry , watch it on Flo

From the track side also no more racing till Sep 16th at the track.  Over a month to either freeze food or throw it out

At least  now there will be no complaints for 30 days ?    maybe😀

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, leroy said:

Maybe for most people there was really no urgent hurry to leave on a Saturday night?     I mean why attend?  If your in that big of a hurry , watch it on Flo

From the track side also no more racing till Sep 16th at the track.  Over a month to either freeze food or throw it out

Watching it on Flo won't help, it just gives them a chance to run more ads and having to listen to a bunch of useless info from the "assistant" announcer

2 hours ago, Pinesol said:

Maybe a lot of people work on Sunday, but it never made any sense to me why people leave early other than having to work. 

At some point, one might just get tired of being there for so many hours maybe?

• Like 3
13 hours ago, JAR1972 said:

Agreed. You have to keep the show to around 3 hours. Anything more than that people loose interest. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, JAR1972 said:

Most nights I'm home by 10:30/11 from fonda. Not bad for a normal night with 5 divisions. Running the vintage was a poor decision on championship night when they decided to reschedule the meet and greet. No need to have vintage 3 times a year and hopefully after Saturdays show they don't have them on the final points weekend anymore. 

• Like 1
On 8/15/2021 at 5:20 PM, leroy said:

It’s not so much that, it’s about sitting with nothing happening while shows get dragged out. These races are comparable to minor league sporting events. When they have down time fans don’t just sit there, they have different things going on to entertain you and the show is wrapped up in about 3-4 hours. You have to consider that the casual fan who may just go to a couple races a year isn’t going to want to sit in different weather conditions all evening and night watching the grader ride around 

• Like 1