Jake has decided to get out of racing after the Fonda 200. If your a racer who needs wheels, air jacks, a steal on a Pro Power engine and a lot more you should be on the phone with Jake today. The engine was nearly $50k new has 300 laps on it and is on "sale" for $25,000.  

2 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

Jake has decided to get out of racing after the Fonda 200. If your a racer who needs wheels, air jacks, a steal on a Pro Power engine and a lot more you should be on the phone with Jake today. The engine was nearly $50k new has 300 laps on it and is on "sale" for $25,000.  

I WONT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I SEE IT POSTED FROM JAKE. IN ALL CAPS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

It probably depends on where Stew runs next year, sounds like Stewey is putting him into retirement is the way I read it.

He basically said nobody has the equipment and resources that Stew has. And I agree. That 44 program is the biggest fish in a small pond. I’d love to see that gang jump to late model full time if the truck deal falls through. Based on recent results anything other than a podium finish in the SB/BB just isn’t likely 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

He basically said nobody has the equipment and resources that Stew has. And I agree. That 44 program is the biggest fish in a small pond. I’d love to see that gang jump to late model full time if the truck deal falls through. Based on recent results anything other than a podium finish in the SB/BB just isn’t likely 

Only podium finish at woodhull was if he had a step to stand on in the pits.

It's a funny before anyone comes unwound!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pinesol said:

It probably depends on where Stew runs next year, sounds like Stewey is putting him into retirement is the way I read it.

From the DTD home page:

Spraker went on to add, “in the 80’s I raced for $1,300 or so to win. When you come to Fonda and (Stewart) Friesen is here your now racing for second place. No one in here has what that team has as far as resources and equipment. Plus you have some rules here that make my 360 motor noncompetitive.”

How much longer is it going to take before other owners/drivers start moving to other tracks or park their equipment and move away from the Deyo series and tracks because the rules favor the high dollar teams and moved away from what he started as “The Working Mans Series?” When you have a owner stepping away from racing after being involved for so many years something is wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, RJO said:

From the DTD home page:

Spraker went on to add, “in the 80’s I raced for $1,300 or so to win. When you come to Fonda and (Stewart) Friesen is here your now racing for second place. No one in here has what that team has as far as resources and equipment. Plus you have some rules here that make my 360 motor noncompetitive.”

How much longer is it going to take before other owners/drivers start moving to other tracks or park their equipment and move away from the Deyo series and tracks because the rules favor the high dollar teams and moved away from what he started as “The Working Mans Series?” When you have a owner stepping away from racing after being involved for so many years something is wrong.

Just about every kind of motor combination has won events on the STSS the last couple years.

just sayin.......

As far as Stew?   Well he wins on the SDS too no?   The SDS races do not use Deyo rules

Nothing against Jake. He has put a cars on the track for a lot of different drivers. Also promoted a race track.  But there was some years when Jake cars were that big fish in a small pond.     

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, RJO said:

How much longer is it going to take before other owners/drivers start moving to other tracks or park their equipment and move away from the Deyo series and tracks because the rules favor the high dollar teams and moved away from what he started as “The Working Mans Series?”

How much longer are you going to shit on Deyo every chance you get?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, John Williams said:

How much longer are you going to shit on Deyo every chance you get?

Guess you didn’t read what Jake said. Guess he wasn’t shitting on Deyo with his comment. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, RJO said:

Guess you didn’t read what Jake said. Guess he wasn’t shitting on Deyo with his comment. 

Jake should of stepped in as promoter at Fonda instead of Deyo.  Then he could of run whatever rules he wants.

From the outside looking in, it seems to me Fonda Speedway has been doing pretty good the last few years.  And how about last year? , when so many tracks did not even open   :whistle:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, leroy said:

Jake should of stepped in as promoter at Fonda instead of Deyo.  Then he could of run whatever rules he wants.

From the outside looking in, it seems to me Fonda Speedway has been doing pretty good the last few years.  And how about last year? , when so many tracks did not even open   :whistle:

Leroy sit back and kick up your feet and pop the top on another cold one. Have a good night. 🍺

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Jake can hand pick the rules, take his driver and have him swap cars with stew…..and stew would still win 90% of the races at Fonda. The 1J is not lacking in the equipment department….never has. There’s not a bunch of teams rolling around with 55k pro power engines. Rocky is a good runner, but will never be friesen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, RJO said:

From the DTD home page:

🚨📰Breaking News 📰🚨

Jake isn’t the first owner to step away after being involved for so many years….

I hope Jake enjoys his time away from the track. He’s been an asset to the racing community. He’s provided a who’s who of racing some of the best equipment through the years and provided us fans plenty to watch!!!!!

Jake, Thanks for everything you’ve done for racing!!!! We’ll miss seeing the 1J at the track!!!!

• Like 11
22 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

🚨📰Breaking News 📰🚨

Jake isn’t the first owner to step away after being involved for so many years….

I hope Jake enjoys his time away from the track. He’s been an asset to the racing community. He’s provided a who’s who of racing some of the best equipment through the years and provided us fans plenty to watch!!!!!

Jake, Thanks for everything you’ve done for racing!!!! We’ll miss seeing the 1J at the track!!!!

so where does rocky go from here? it was once said where is bobby varin? one of the top fonda runners at fonda. now lucky to be in the top 5 finishers. i guess time will tell. and just one more thought does any one think that shepard isn't in the top 2 right now at the top of his game? he beat stew at the bowl sun. so jake it can be done.

If I remember correctly….Jake has been “done” in the past as well. In his own words he says he’s 75% sure…which in racer terminology is more like 14%. I’ll believe it when I see it for more than a season. 

3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

If I remember correctly….Jake has been “done” in the past as well. In his own words he says he’s 75% sure…which in racer terminology is more like 14%. I’ll believe it when I see it for more than a season. 

Yeah...he will probably be back

I can certainly understand his POV. Jake has top line stuff and spends a lot of money to get it. But how long do people throw bad money after good to participate in their hobby?  Racing is a drug no doubt about it. If you’re not getting the enjoyment out of it that you think you should, it’s time to move on. The time and money investment required is astronomical…

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to offer my 2 cents here...  I think this time it's for good with Jake.  I'm not saying he might not help someone out but I think he's just tired of the car owning grind. Considering he bought his first Modified in 1983 for CD Coville he's hung around for 38 years in a sport that isn't cheap . His cars have won at several tracks and been driven by some of the best drivers in the northeast including Stew himself. I Hope Jake finds what he's looking for in retirement and I say Thank You to Jake for letting us all ride along.... 

• Like 13