There aren't many car owners in the sport that can say they've been around as long as Jake Spraker has.  Enjoy retirement buddy.  You've earned it. 

• Like 3

Here's the question i asked Jake a few weeks ago...  Back in 83 Jake bought his first Mod late in the season and put Cd Coville in it.  Cd was floundering after loosing the Cliff Barcomb ride. They ran i think almost 10 races as a team. Cd was offered the Bob's Auto Parts ride just before Eastern States in 83 and Cd left Jake to join that team. Jake then teamed with Ray Dalmata and continued on. Bob left racing at the end of the 84 season after years of being involved. Cd went on to the Houser car. Which he ran until they were done. My question was if Cd never left do you think you'd still be around? or would he have taken you out like he did almost every other car owner he drove for...  

Was CD Coville Danny Johnson's mentor?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, RJO said:

From the DTD home page:

Spraker went on to add, “in the 80’s I raced for $1,300 or so to win. When you come to Fonda and (Stewart) Friesen is here your now racing for second place. No one in here has what that team has as far as resources and equipment. Plus you have some rules here that make my 360 motor noncompetitive.”

How much longer is it going to take before other owners/drivers start moving to other tracks or park their equipment and move away from the Deyo series and tracks because the rules favor the high dollar teams and moved away from what he started as “The Working Mans Series?” When you have a owner stepping away from racing after being involved for so many years something is wrong.

Can’t wait to hear your take on Mr. Wight shutting  down the 91 and 42p teams…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Can’t wait to hear your take on Mr. Wight shutting  down the 91 and 42p teams…

Haven’t heard a thing about it but I’m sure you can fill me in on it. 

8 hours ago, RJO said:

Haven’t heard a thing about it but I’m sure you can fill me in on it. 

It is said by both Jake and Wight that they feel they don't have resources that Friesen has and either don't want to or can't hire Engineers that Friesen has on his team ....

13 minutes ago, old racer said:

It is said by both Jake and Wight that they feel they don't have resources that Friesen has and either don't want to or can't hire Engineers that Friesen has on his team ....

The 44 group have pushed the bar so high. To be honest he’s such a big fish in a small pond right now it’s really made many of the shows anticlimactic. About the best you can hope for is a poor draw so that he has to move through a few cars to get to the front. I’d love to see him take a deeper dive into late models and ply his trade their next season. But on the other hand I get why he sticks around - this side hustle is very profitable for him. Easy money 💰 

On 8/16/2021 at 9:48 PM, rpm72x said:

If I remember correctly….Jake has been “done” in the past as well. In his own words he says he’s 75% sure…which in racer terminology is more like 14%. I’ll believe it when I see it for more than a season. 

Jake has retired from racing more times than Betty White has retired from show business. Come April he'll have jock itch and the 1j will miraculously appear.

21 hours ago, robertmorris said:

Jake has retired from racing more times than Betty White has retired from show business. Come April he'll have jock itch and the 1j will miraculously appear.

Not this time...  You may see him help someone out but I don't see him owning anything in the spring...

5 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Motor is already at it's new home. It's being sent out to kevlar for refresh. 

That's been a good Motor...