Nice, I think Max will catch on pretty fast. To bad TMac will be out on the road with LOLMS :(.

Be nice if the Gypsum team still had a couple Late Models around.

Is there an entry list for the WOO late model race at OCFS?  I dont follow the series that closely, do they put out entry lists?

3 hours ago, westracing01 said:

You can scratch Cade Dillard from the lineup. Assuming they even get it in tonight. 

17 cars is my over/under.

They basically traded Cade Dillard for Max Blair for this swing and beyond. 

The weather has cleared out and is now looking good for this event. I remember going to this race 17 years ago! Hopefully we see a decent turn out for the late models. The pro-stock field is looking strong! 

How does the sanction structure for the WoO SLM's work? They get paid whether they race or not? I was under the impression that WoO get's their money as soon as they roll in the gate whether they wind up racing or not. 

Agreed. Weather appears to be clearing out. Hit and miss showers the rest of the day but they have a good change to get it in.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, Rmitchell said:

Mike Maresca will be at Mohawk with the 358 series race

Probably too late but the canceled earlier this morning.  I liked watching Maresca last year.  Haven't see too much of him this year.

53 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

Probably too late but the canceled earlier this morning.  I liked watching Maresca last year.  Haven't see too much of him this year.

Takes like 5 hours to get to ocfs from up here. Not really possible to make it happen on 45 minutes notice 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Takes like 5 hours to get to ocfs from up here. Not really possible to make it happen on 45 minutes notice 

It's probably even longer than that... I'm pretty sure they keep the Super Late Model with the King's in western PA. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

It's probably even longer than that... I'm pretty sure they keep the Super Late Model with the King's in western PA. 

They do, and RKR is actually in Ohio. 

• Like 1

The CEO of WRG made it, brought his own Pro Stock with him.... lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, racermurray said:

According to the OC promotors , OC is the ultimate....lol...lol...lol

Even if it was the ultimate show place.  Where are they going to draw super lates from?   No where near runs them.   22 is better than I figured

• Like 4
1 hour ago, racermurray said:

According to the OC promotors , OC is the ultimate....lol...lol...lol

Saw some pictures posted on Twitter it looked like they had a very small crowd in the grandstands. Only 12 cars ran 40 laps. Many caution flags

The last 10 laps took forever but it was some great racing. Freisen fell back at the begining, but charged all the way up to 3rd and finished I think 4th. Max started way back but he also finished in the top 10. 

I just think our Modified drivers are very versatile. Not a ton of drivers, but quite a few of our best have driven Late Models and Sprints and went on to be pretty competitive. Billy Decker and Tim Fuller were very competitive when they were running Late Models. Stew, Larry, Danny Varin, and Jessica have all had good showings against the best in the world in Sprint Cars. Tim McCreadie is one of the best there is in a Late Model. Is there much of anything Billy Pauch never won in? Going back to Tim Fuller I would of loved to see what he would of done with the Rocket House car over a full season.

Now that they are making a big deal about Stew possibly winning a WoO and be the only triple crown winner. I'm wondering how long it will be before Larson finally gets in to one of our modifieds so he can beat Stew to it. Is there anything that Larson has raced that he hasn't won in yet?

Back to OCFS tonight, was so wonderful to see the Pro Stocks back at the hard clay. And it looked pretty hard after the Late Models finished. I was screaming for COONDOG!!! That last restart killed him, but I mean he was racing against the The King of Pro Stocks. Would of liked to see Sean Corr be part of the challenge for the lead, but it took him half the night to get going. He did finished 5th I think maybe 6th. Track was much better tonight dust wise, you could see all around the track and no huge clouds of dust causing visibility issues. Maybe they should just have sprinklers on all week long in between races. 

I think if Tim McCreadie could of been there tonight there would of been a lot more people to show up. Problem is you can have a 1500 fans there and the place looks completely empty. 17 Years ago the place was packed, but we also had TMac, Vic, Billy Decker, Tim Fuller, Jeff Heotzler, Scott Bloomquist, and a bunch of the best Late Model drivers at the time there. So you had a lot more Late Model stars back then and modified drivers in the field.  WoO field has some great drivers, and two of the biggeset, but WoO Lates are not as popular as the LOLMS. And I don't think Stew and Max really bring in that many fans. Plus the winner's purse was only 10K, not sure a lot of guys from Delaware and PA are going to travel for that when they might have a weekly race on Friday night. Isn't 10K like the minimum? It wasn't the smallest field of cars I've seen at a WoO event, but pretty darn close. There just isn't any excitement around series races anymore. Use to be a WoO or even just the SDS came to town it was a Big Deal, it was an EVENT. Now they just seem like another race.

• Like 1

I agree with all of that pretty much Jack. 

Watched on DirtVision because there was no way I was giving that track any of my money... DirtVision already has my money and I tuned in to see a fiasco.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was not a fiasco. My utter contempt for the House of Powder is no secret, but I'll call it like I see it and last nights show was not bad at all. Track conditions were a bit rough to get going, but they were some of the better ones I've seen there so far this season in the races I have watched. Nothing waters a track better than Mother Nature. Length of the show was a bit much for a standard Thurs (no holiday after) and it did take over an hour from post time to have hot laps completed. That's really the only gripe. The Super Lates were excellent. Attrition riddled for sure, but the race for the front was very good. Stew had nothing for the front 3 and if Bruening had not had all the issues to begin the night, might have had something for Shep and Blair at the end. 

A one night stand for the Super Lates in non Super Late country is barely an event. Next week the LOLMS rolls into Port Royal for 3 nights and $30K to win for 50 laps. That's an EVENT. Though I can almost guarantee the crowd for Thurs and Friday will be light, Saturday night will pack the house. 

I think some of what you mention about the Tour races, be they WoO, SDS, LOLMS, USAC, etc. not having the event feel they used to have is down to the availability to see these tours race basically every night via streaming services. In the old days, when the WoO of SDS race came to town, it was immediately on the schedule and excitement got building because we actually got to see them! There was no streaming so the only chance to watch them was to actually drag ones ass to the racetrack. That luster is dulled because now we can see them whenever we want. All we have to do is turn on the TV. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, westracing01 said:

I think some of what you mention about the Tour races, be they WoO, SDS, LOLMS, USAC, etc. not having the event feel they used to have is down to the availability to see these tours race basically every night via streaming services. In the old days, when the WoO of SDS race came to town, it was immediately on the schedule and excitement got building because we actually got to see them! There was no streaming so the only chance to watch them was to actually drag ones ass to the racetrack. That luster is dulled because now we can see them whenever we want. All we have to do is turn on the TV. 

LMs don’t draw well in New York State for the most part, it has Nothing to do with streaming. If anything, streaming has helped the outreach of the series and broadened its fan base. 

The WoO sprints came to Ny state 3 weeks ago and packed both places. LMs dont have the same reach here despite the interest of a few posters on DTD. 

• Like 1