23 minutes ago, con7 said:

LMs don’t draw well in New York State for the most part, it has Nothing to do with streaming. If anything, streaming has helped the outreach of the series and broadened its fan base. 

The WoO sprints came to Ny state 3 weeks ago and packed both places. LMs dont have the same reach here despite the interest of a few posters on DTD. 

I mean, Stateline exists and is in NY and packs em in. Of course, being the only DLM track in NY probably helps that immensely. 

14 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

I mean, Stateline exists and is in NY and packs em in. Of course, being the only DLM track in NY probably helps that immensely. 

That’s why I said “for the most part” and I would also argue Stateline is basically Northwestern PA which is a lot different than the area most of the NYS mod crowd is from. 

11 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

The last 10 laps took forever but it was some great racing. Freisen fell back at the begining, but charged all the way up to 3rd and finished I think 4th. Max started way back but he also finished in the top 10. 

I don't think he fell back. He was scheduled to start 9th and was lined up there until the 4 wide lap. I noticed he was back around 13th or 15th coming to the green. Just watched the replay and he was lined up on the inside of row 4 for some reason on the 4 wide lap.

1 hour ago, con7 said:

LMs don’t draw well in New York State for the most part, it has Nothing to do with streaming. If anything, streaming has helped the outreach of the series and broadened its fan base. 

The WoO sprints came to Ny state 3 weeks ago and packed both places. LMs dont have the same reach here despite the interest of a few posters on DTD. 

It was the 3rd or 4th LM show I watched start to finish this year.   I watched 2 maybe in March (however many Friesen ran) and last night.  Mostly because I was curious if he would win.  He finished a few spots better then I thought he might.  

I have seen a few LM races that were also on the card but not the main event.

Likely will not watch tonight or Saturday's show.  Maybe Sunday.  

I also watched a few last year.  Rather watch NE Big Blocks.

2 hours ago, con7 said:

That’s why I said “for the most part” and I would also argue Stateline is basically Northwestern PA which is a lot different than the area most of the NYS mod crowd is from. 

Yep.  Stateline IS technically in NY.  But it is like driving to the end of the earth for most NYers.   The very least you are driving to PA

On 8/19/2021 at 7:08 AM, westracing01 said:

You can scratch Cade Dillard from the lineup. Assuming they even get it in tonight. 

17 cars is my over/under.

Check out the reason Cade Dillard is off the tour. You would think WOO would have worked with him on this.

https://www.speedsport.com/dirt-late-models/world-of-outlaws-late-models/cade-dillard-drops-off-woo-late-model-tour/

7 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Check out the reason Cade Dillard is off the tour. You would think WOO would have worked with him on this.

https://www.speedsport.com/dirt-late-models/world-of-outlaws-late-models/cade-dillard-drops-off-woo-late-model-tour/

Cade already missed time early in the season. Everybody seems to forget that. 

29 minutes ago, leroy said:

Yep.  Stateline IS technically in NY.  But it is like driving to the end of the earth for most NYers.   The very least you are driving to PA

My understanding is that the back of the track is in New York and the front is in Pennsylvania.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, RJO said:

My understanding is that the back of the track is in New York and the front is in Pennsylvania.

That’s what some old timers tried to tell me.  Lol.  Reasoning being you used to be able to drink on back and not front er vice versa.  
But I drove right by state line on the way to the track.  
Thinking it’s BS.  A wise tale 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

Cade already missed time early in the season. Everybody seems to forget that. 

Was the time he missed early in the year a "legit" reason?

1 hour ago, RJO said:

That's the way I always understood it too. Wonder which half has the cheaper taxes?

1 hour ago, RJO said:

It’s all the way in NY by a mile or two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Was the time he missed early in the year a "legit" reason?

Yes, he was in the hospital. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, chas71 said:

I think he has his priorities straight, and I'm glad his car owner agreed with him. Family has to come first, especially when you are away from them so much like series drivers are.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, con7 said:

I meant that streaming has lessened the feel of a big event for any of the tour races because you can watch them whenever you want. I didn't mean the LM's specifically. Broadening the appeal and increasing the draw of events is not mutually inclusive.

I agree with the rest of that. LM's don't typically draw well in the modified stronghold of NY and the WoO Sprints draw well everywhere they go for the most part. 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, con7 said:

I think the Late Models draw okay in New York as long as you have the right driver. 

If I'm a promoter, there is simply no way I'm going out on the financial limb of hosting a big time Super Late Model race without first confirming that the race is going to have Tim McCreadie in attendance. 

You want to pack your stands in upstate NY for a late model race, you need McCreadie.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

I think the Late Models draw okay in New York as long as you have the right driver. 

If I'm a promoter, there is simply no way I'm going out on the financial limb of hosting a big time Super Late Model race without first confirming that the race is going to have Tim McCreadie in attendance. 

You want to pack your stands in upstate NY for a late model race, you need McCreadie.

And/Or Kyle Larson 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rmitchell said:

And/Or Kyle Larson 

Larson would pull in a bunch of people, but you really have to have Timmy McCreadie to really pull people to the track. Just make sure to have the big block mods on the agenda also, so you can get Larson in one of them.