I was wondering how they had gotten away with it a few times already this year.  Any weekly NASCAR sanctioned divisions can only be shown on NBC Trackpass.  Stafford had somehow had been able to show NASCAR Modified Tour time trials on Floracing before the features start for their weekly divisions(Stafford is no longer NASCAR weekly sanctioned), with NBC taking for at the end of the night when the Modified Tour race begins. I guess NASCAR\NBC started to pay attention. 

2 hours ago, JMB said:

I was wondering how they had gotten away with it a few times already this year.  Any weekly NASCAR sanctioned divisions can only be shown on NBC Trackpass.  Stafford had somehow had been able to show NASCAR Modified Tour time trials on Floracing before the features start for their weekly divisions(Stafford is no longer NASCAR weekly sanctioned), with NBC taking for at the end of the night when the Modified Tour race begins. I guess NASCAR\NBC started to pay attention. 

G’view doesn’t have anything to do with NBC Sports Gold, and never has.

Tina Rogers did comment on her Facebook about the situation: 

"Flo Racing chose not to pay the rights to the Modifieds. This was their decision not the promoters or Grandview. They are contracted with the ALL Stars they didnt have interest in paying for the mods. Take your anger to them.

As for NASCAR deal at Grandview, if it is a NASCAR event, technically by the contract they have the rights to the event.  We've been fortunate to do the weekly events as our service provider has a deal in place with NASCAR (Speed Sport TV) that allows for the weekly action to be broadcast on Dirt Track Digest TV.

• Like 1

And here’s Bob Miller’s (Thunder On The Hill Promoter) statement on FB

”A STATEMENT CONCERNING FLO RACING AT GRANDVIEW  THURSDAY NIGHT 

For several years, the Thunder on the Hill Racing Series at the Grandview Speedway worked successfully with Flo Racing in broadcasting many events, from the USAC Sprints & Midgets, PA Speed Week, the Modified Triple 20s in October of 2020, and previous All Star events. 

To clarify, it is the All Stars that has the arrangement with Flo Racing to broadcast their portion of the show.   We did reach out to Flo Racing several weeks back asking for some compensation for the modified portion of the event.   Flo Racing was not engaged to have any discussion and made no offer.   I was later informed the decision was,  they would go dark for the modified portion of the show. 

In all fairness to the modified fan base, we did announce at Grandview Speedway,  on the two prior Saturday night events, that the modifieds would not be on Flo Racing, Thursday night, August 26.

This was clearly a decision by Flo Racing.    After being contacted several times to at least talk, there was no interest to even discuss a workable arrangement.

As a long-time supporter of Flo Racing, this was very disappointing.

For fans that are upset or disappointed, I suggest you reach out directly to Flo Racing.   Be sure you inform them how much you want to see your modifieds on these broadcasts.

Our Pennsylvania Modifieds are an asset to any racing program and should not be undervalued  by Flo Racing  as they were Thursday night.

Thank you

Bob Miller
Thunder on the Hill Racing Series”

Every time WRG is forced to do this via DIRTVision, the whole dirt track world piles on with bitching & whining. FloRacing never does this, blah blah blah lol. Now, nothing but crickets. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽

• Like 3

To me it’s free advertising for the track. Crowds have not been hurt in any way by streaming. For most touring series at the very least, the crowds are up. 

I don’t know how many people watch the all stars on Flo, and I don’t know how many would be interested in modifieds, but it can’t hurt if your product is good (which for the most part it is). 

Flo throws out money for rights left and right, so if they chose not to give him money something is fishy. I could be wrong, but I’d imagine his price tag was way out of line and not even worth discussing. Either way, these disputes help no one.

• Like 1

Like Jumper said, this comes up every single February for a few days at the DIRTcar Nationals because the All-Star rights are owned by Flo, and the UMP Modifieds are owned by DIRTcar, so the broadcast splits between DIRTvision and Flo for those nights.  Everybody gets up in arms and screams to the heavens that they're being 'screwed' by the greed of this one or that one, then after about a week, everyone goes on their merry way.

I'm more irritated that a vast majority of folks grabbed their pitchforks and were ready to attack DTD thinking we were involved simply because we have partnered with Grandview on a few shows this year (and will continue to partner with them going forward). 

Somehow we became public enemy number 1 with absolutely ZERO proof that we were even the slightest bit involved in it. 

• Like 1

Wait it a minute. Grandview normally partners with another provider weekly (I get it's the Nascar stuff). FLO doesn't carry Grandview weekly. Now, Grandview/Miller wants to be compensated because FLO happens to be showing a class (All-Stars) that they contract with? There have been many events on FLO (especially All Star events) where they go dark when the All Stars aren't on the track. This isn't something new.

I am sure  if Grandview was on FLO weekly (like Bridgeport, Port Royal, Lincoln, Stafford, etc) this would have been easily solved.

Grandview made a business decision not to use FLO weekly this year. FLO makes a business decision not to show anything other than what they are contractually obligated to do.

How is this a problem? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chas71 said:

Wait it a minute. Grandview normally partners with another provider weekly (I get it's the Nascar stuff). FLO doesn't carry Grandview weekly. Now, Grandview/Miller wants to be compensated because FLO happens to be showing a class (All-Stars) that they contract with? There have been many events on FLO (especially All Star events) where they go dark when the All Stars aren't on the track. This isn't something new.

I am sure  if Grandview was on FLO weekly (like Bridgeport, Port Royal, Lincoln, Stafford, etc) this would have been easily solved.

Grandview made a business decision not to use FLO weekly this year. FLO makes a business decision not to show anything other than what they are contractually obligated to do.

How is this a problem? 

I look at it like this, and this is simply my opinion.  If I buy a ticket to go to the track that night, I get the whole show.  Even if I only want to see "x" division, I don't get to pay a cheaper price and no one comes up to my seat with a black sheet and holds it in front of me for the duration of "y" divisions' events.  

But, the streaming world hasn't caught up to this.  The ones that drive me nuts are when you have to toggle back and forth between DV and Flo (e.g., "Let's Race Two" at Eldora or the DirtCar Nationals with the All Stars.  At least this year they've improved on content during the other provider's feature rights, but I'd love to know how many people are staying tuned in. I don't think it's all that common in All Star events where they go dark when the All Stars aren't on track.  

I understand the flip side of the coin from the track's perspective, but I wish that the streaming world would more closely mirror going to the track- if we're showing it, we're showing it all.  (And yes, I know, if I want it all go buy a ticket, but there are MANY tracks I will never get to that I enjoy watching on streaming).  There are a handful of times each year that this happens, will any of them truly break the bank if both platforms show the event? Maybe people who only subscribe to Flo would see the value of DirtVision if there's a great DV division shown on Flo for those few nights a year.  

Wishful thinking and just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, chas71 said:

How is this a problem? 

In a nutshell, its a problem because most people have become very entitled.

Social Media has been very interesting today.  I'm seeing far more "the track is greedy" posts than I am "Flo Racing should have paid extra to broadcast the modifieds" posts. 

At the end of the day, Northeast Modifieds have a dollar value to a broadcast.  Just sounds like they couldn't come to an agreement on what that dollar value was. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, jwin said:

I understand the flip side of the coin from the track's perspective, but I wish that the streaming world would more closely mirror going to the track- if we're showing it, we're showing it all.  (And yes, I know, if I want it all go buy a ticket, but there are MANY tracks I will never get to that I enjoy watching on streaming).

That's why you won't see a split broadcast on DTD Tv.  For us, we stream every division, or we don't stream at all. 

• Like 3

I would much rather pay DTD TV for specific events than the $150 that it cost yearly....Flo's constant interruptions of the track announcements & their totally annoying ads are just too much. I would love to see DTD TV take over the streaming at Fonda, but I realize that it's Deyo's deal with  Flo

20 minutes ago, racer80 said:

I would much rather pay DTD TV for specific events than the $150 that it cost yearly....Flo's constant interruptions of the track announcements & their totally annoying ads are just too much. I would love to see DTD TV take over the streaming at Fonda, but I realize that it's Deyo's deal with  Flo

I can sympathize with those regarding annoying adds, etc but I have to tell you, I'm using Roku and I don't see an adv other than rarely and only if it's an intermission like time at the track.

I handle that time at home just like I handle it at the track, it's time to get up and do something else or switch to another race. Hell, I even got into IMCA Stock Cars which are a hoot.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, chas71 said:

I can sympathize with those regarding annoying adds, etc but I have to tell you, I'm using Roku and I don't see an adv other than rarely and only if it's an intermission like time at the track.

I handle that time at home just like I handle it at the track, it's time to get up and do something else or switch to another race. Hell, I even got into IMCA Stock Cars which are a hoot.

No shtt right. ? ?   Ad comes on change the channel.    
Wtf

enough 

• Like 2

I watch plenty of racing.   $150 a year for Fonda, Bridgeport and SDS seems like a pretty good deal.  Plus much more on there then that.

If I had known about the Grandview show I would have probably skipped it anyway since the Modifieds weren't shown on Flo.  

I think I paid like $350 or something for the Dirtvision pass, and $150 for Flo, plus I also paid a yearly subscription to MavTV Plus. I go to a friends house to watch DTDtv cause he usually pays for all the big races they have. I only pay once in a while for OCFS, Canandaigua is free with commercials but very professionally done. 

I love Flo and I use to love to watch Grandview on there, but they have a different deal now with DTD,  and that's the way it is. I don't blame Flo, I don't blame Grandview for trying. I do understand that Flo could of at least had a discussion with Mr. Miller. Why burn bridges for absolutely no reason? I don't think Mr. Miller was wrong to try to get the Modifieds on the air and make a little bit more cash if possible. I know I would of watched, but I didn't because I really don't care about the All-Stars.

One question, if I'm watching the STSS on Flo is it being produced by DTDtv?

All the streaming services were and are a boon to people who can't go to a live show as often as they would like be it for what ever reason. On top of that we have competing services for A list classes which makes all who want to watch pick and choose. I'll toggle back to earlier this summer when the Whelen Modified Tour was at Oswego along with their regular class of Super Modifieds and on top of that the SRX was gearing up for their debut at Stafford. The Whelen Tour is on one service, very inexpensive too I might add and Oswego's shows are on Flo while the SRX was on Network TV. To me it was a delight doing the switching  after the Supers were done to the Whelen Tour race then to the SRX later. If that was one of only ten shows I saw on Flo and the NBC Gold Pass or whatever it is that does the Whelen Tour add a couple of dogs on the grill plus a cold one and you got to have some great fun for less than what some of "new hired help" make in an hour at a fast food joint. Seriously. Went through the drive through at the Arches the other day. My total was $7.55 and I had to tell the person at the window that I needed a quarter and two dimes after handing her eight singles. 

To be honest I'm enjoying all the activity that's going on with these services. I'm seeing racing I might not have watched before. That's great. Right now if I get any extra racing for my streaming buck, I'm overjoyed watching it. Thanks. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

One question, if I'm watching the STSS on Flo is it being produced by DTDtv?

Yes...  We at DTDtv Still produce all of Brett's productions. They are now streamed out of Flo.

• Like 2
On 8/27/2021 at 11:45 AM, Hot Dog said:

Flo throws out money for rights left and right, so if they chose not to give him money something is fishy. I could be wrong, but I’d imagine his price tag was way out of line and not even worth discussing. Either way, these disputes help no one.

There is an article in this week’s AARN and it explains everything about why the mods were not shown.