21 minutes ago, Nate said:

Well, I did it! I purchased ROOFTOP tickets. Will be leaving early Saturday to make the 3.5-4hr ride. My ass will be dragging Saturday night though - driving back to Binghamton afterwards to a hotel so the drive to Big Diamond the next day is a little easier. 

Just not looking forward to the bumpy ride out through I-88. 😂 Other than that, and with tires being rotated and a fresh oil change, I'm feeling pretty good about it!

Nice! !      I did the same two nights/events in 2018.

A lot of time on the road  ,  But you will have fun.👍

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I did it! I purchased ROOFTOP tickets. Will be leaving early Saturday to make the 3.5-4hr ride. My ass will be dragging Saturday night though - driving back to Binghamton afterwards to a hotel s

I see it every single week…Bachetti is a dirty driver at Lebanon because he knows he gets away with it. He rarely passes without contact, he passes under the caution weekly and has restart infractions

I haven't been going to the valley for years. Brett Deyo gives me show up money to call Fonda my home track.

33 minutes ago, Nate said:

Well, I did it! I purchased ROOFTOP tickets. Will be leaving early Saturday to make the 3.5-4hr ride. My ass will be dragging Saturday night though - driving back to Binghamton afterwards to a hotel so the drive to Big Diamond the next day is a little easier. 

Just not looking forward to the bumpy ride out through I-88. 😂 Other than that, and with tires being rotated and a fresh oil change, I'm feeling pretty good about it!

That ride on I-88 is ridiculous 😡. Last time I went to Fonda I actually considered taking Rte 7 all the way just to save the fillings in my teeth…

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nate said:

Great choice on both shows. Don"t care what people say The Valley is awesome !!! Big Dimond is one of the coolest facilities around with no obstructions and fantastic racing.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, MR40 said:

Great choice on both shows. Don"t care what people say The Valley is awesome !!! Big Dimond is one of the coolest facilities around with no obstructions and fantastic racing.

I love Big Diamond too! I've been there numerous times this season, and was so impressed with the place, I signed up for lap sponsorship in ALL the Coalcracker races for all divisions in support of my Facebook page, Race Chase. 👍😀

• Like 4
7 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

So Gawker case has finally moved out of Howie's basement 

I haven't been going to the valley for years. Brett Deyo gives me show up money to call Fonda my home track.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm a Bachetti fan. There was one year Bachetti beat Brett Hearn in one of the 200's at the Valley. The impressive part was Andy and Brett lapped the rest of the field. That may of been the year Andy broke the track record that stood for a decade until Hearn broke it. Andy ran I'm almost positive 19.635. Hearn rebroke it at I'm almost positive 19.365.

Also for those of you that say there's no passing at the Valley. How about the year Hearn broke I believe in hot laps before the feature at Mr. Dirt. He had to go to his backup car. He started dead last and went on to win. I was always mad at my dad and Uncle when Hearn would win at the Valley. They would gloat the whole ride home. That night Hearn went from last to first in Mr. Dirt I said to my dad, congrats. That was the 3rd best race I had ever seen in real life. 

44 minutes ago, dlouisb131 said:

Also for those of you that say there's no passing at the Valley. How about the year Hearn broke I believe in hot laps before the feature at Mr. Dirt. He had to go to his backup car. He started dead last and went on to win. I was always mad at my dad and Uncle when Hearn would win at the Valley. They would gloat the whole ride home. That night Hearn went from last to first in Mr. Dirt I said to my dad, congrats. That was the 3rd best race I had ever seen in real life. 

All I ever kept hearing from people was that the Valley was choo choo train .Racing no good.

Then I actually attended myself 👍👍

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

One of the craziest races I ever saw was at the Lebanon Valley 200. Horton and Hearn made it very memorable mostly Horton though lol

I loved the Mr. Dirt series which took points from the 200 laps series races and Super DIRT Series plus track points.

1987. That was crazy for sure. It's on Youtube.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dlouisb131 said:

I'm a Bachetti fan. There was one year Bachetti beat Brett Hearn in one of the 200's at the Valley. The impressive part was Andy and Brett lapped the rest of the field. That may of been the year Andy broke the track record that stood for a decade until Hearn broke it. Andy ran I'm almost positive 19.635. Hearn rebroke it at I'm almost positive 19.365.

I believe it was 2004.

Andy lapped up to 3rd I believe. Decker was running 3rd and ran out of gas.

https://nemodfacts.racestatcentral.com/results.php?id=6278

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Nate said:

Someone PLEASE tell me they have special event shirts OR at the least, a nice track shirt. I'm a sucker for racing t-shirts, amassing well over 20 this year alone! 

DIRT will have vending trailer in back of stands plus MS -SF -RJ will have trailers in same area near entrance usually 

59 minutes ago, Nate said:

Someone PLEASE tell me they have special event shirts OR at the least, a nice track shirt. I'm a sucker for racing t-shirts, amassing well over 20 this year alone! 

The valley has their own souvenir trailer as well as dirt will too.

7 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

I believe it was 2004.

Andy lapped up to 3rd I believe. Decker was running 3rd and ran out of gas.

https://nemodfacts.racestatcentral.com/results.php?id=6278

Yes that was correct. Margin of victory was .195 seconds, with the rest of the field over a lap behind. Decker ran out of fuel with eight to go. 

I posted the press release as well. https://nemodfacts.racestatcentral.com/resultspressrelease.php?id=6278

• Like 1

There was one after 2004. Bachetti led practically from the start. He led I think until about lap 110-130. Literally the whole time it sounded like a car using a rev limiter and making a like popping sound when maxed out. We were in turns 3 and 4. His car did it every lap. Bachetti then broke. My dad laughed at me. Hearn inherited the lead. Hearn led around 50 laps until about lap 160-180. Hearn then broke. I told my dad that was karma for laughing at me. I'm almost positive it was Alan Johnson that went on to win as I've only seen him win once in real life. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dlouisb131 said:

There was one after 2004. Bachetti led practically from the start. He led I think until about lap 110-130. Literally the whole time it sounded like a car using a rev limiter and making a like popping sound when maxed out. We were in turns 3 and 4. His car did it every lap. Bachetti then broke. My dad laughed at me. Hearn inherited the lead. Hearn led around 50 laps until about lap 160-180. Hearn then broke. I told my dad that was karma for laughing at me. I'm almost positive it was Alan Johnson that went on to win as I've only seen him win once in real life. 

Nope. It looks like 2006. Bachetti in 21st place and Hearn 20th. J.R. Heffner won.