On 8/30/2021 at 8:45 PM, Jack Brady said:

One of the craziest races I ever saw was at the Lebanon Valley 200. Horton and Hearn made it very memorable mostly Horton though lol

I loved the Mr. Dirt series which took points from the 200 laps series races and Super DIRT Series plus track points.

Jack Johnson winning a 200 passing BH in Billy Taylor car was a good race  And I remember Jackie Evans winning in the # 77 ...

• Like 2
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I did it! I purchased ROOFTOP tickets. Will be leaving early Saturday to make the 3.5-4hr ride. My ass will be dragging Saturday night though - driving back to Binghamton afterwards to a hotel s

I see it every single week…Bachetti is a dirty driver at Lebanon because he knows he gets away with it. He rarely passes without contact, he passes under the caution weekly and has restart infractions

I haven't been going to the valley for years. Brett Deyo gives me show up money to call Fonda my home track.

Lineup is showing 60 laps instead of 100 (or 101). When I first saw it I figured it was a tire issue, I'm guessing now it's just a misprint.

17 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Almost screwed over Bachetti. How was he even penalized? He said the hell with it I'll send it in turn 1 and take the win

He’s not a dirtcar guy for the most part so “that’s how they run this deal”. I’m thinking that’s how he feels. 

• Like 4

I didn't understand the penalty against Bachetti. Saying that, It worked out that he won but not a big fan of the way he got the lead back.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chas71 said:

I didn't understand the penalty against Bachetti. Saying that, It worked out that he won but not a big fan of the way he got the lead back.

Can’t agree more. The penalty was dirty….the move for lead was much the same. But I’m not surprised by either. 

10 minutes ago, chas71 said:

If roles were reversed Friesen would try to same move. They were going for the win

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

If roles were reversed Friesen would try to same move. They were going for the win

I seem to recall he did the same thing to Mahaney and Fuller this year.  Fuller wasn't too happy about it in the post race interview.  

Friesen called out Dippel's nonsense but didn't say anything about Bachetti.

6 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

Friesen called out Dippel's nonsense but didn't say anything about Bachetti.

That Was Sheppard not Friesen from contact earlier with Dippel. Groove at this track seems to be narrow at times which is why I'm not a fan 

2 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

That Was Sheppard not Friesen from contact earlier with Dippel. Groove at this track seems to be narrow at times which is why I'm not a fan 

I was referring to the post race interview.  Friesen called out Tyler Dippel for his antics and bring out the yellow.  The look at me yellow or something like that.   

Stands to reason if he thought Bachetti screwed him he might have mentioned it in the interview.  Friesen isn't exactly shy when he think some other driver did him wrong.  

I watched one race there last year and was bored out of my mind.  Very little passing.  Wasn't expecting much but the modified feature was pretty entertaining tonight.

It's amazing how one decision created a whole new set of circumstances gave the viewers a whole different ending that would have played out otherwise. The outcome would have been the same but in a different way. Andy Bachetti was going to win that race unless his car was mechanically unable to do so because he had the superior car and most likely the victory lane interviews would have been anti-climatic on the side of seriously boring had "the call" not been made.

For those more informed than I, who was responsible for making that awful call in the first place and who determines the number of "Platinum People" who make the show.

Definitely an entertaining show. For everyone who stayed up a little later, I thought the Sportsman race that was scheduled to start 35 cars turned out well. To my way of thinking, this was a good show with outstanding camera work with some pretty good melodrama as well. 

By the way all of the Modified top five are also in the "money" in the STSS North Region as well. Hmmmmm!!

I had a good time for my first trip. Heat races sucked I thought, though there were a few good passes in some. The big race was great though! The food was awesome, really liked the "world famous" baked beans. 😂

Sitting back in the hotel in Binghamton as I type this. I-88 from Cobleskill to Cooperstown is really rough. Good thing my girlfriend wasn't sitting on my lap; otherwise, I probably would've got her pregnant. 🥴 

On to Big D tomorrow! Big Diamond that is. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Can’t agree more. The penalty was dirty….the move for lead was much the same. But I’m not surprised by either. 

At the track it seemed the local fans thought Bachetti got screwed by the call and were happy when he took the lead back, but the visiting SDS fans were mad Bachetti got into Stew to take the win back. As I was walking out I heard one of the announcers tell the fans to "not to use potty mouths and stay classy" in regards to the ending of the race.  However, earlier in the night Howie had one of his local political buddies go down on the track and seemingly was encouraged by the weekly announcer to to go on a political rant for no reason(he was not even campaigning which is usually a normal deal for visiting politicians during Labor Day weekend there)and get the crowd riled up to do to a political chant.  They are ok with that, but not with the fans being upset with several controversial things that happened during the race.(the Shepard\Dippel deal along with the penalty and subsequent bumping for the win)

I watched just the highlights over on other thread.  But was absolutely left wondering, what the heck did Bachetti get penalized for?    A NASCAR call?

Reading some comments here  ,some people seeing it the same way at least.   A screw job

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nate said:

I had a good time for my first trip. Heat races sucked I thought, though there were a few good passes in some. The big race was great though! The food was awesome, really liked the "world famous" baked beans. 😂

Sitting back in the hotel in Binghamton as I type this. I-88 from Cobleskill to Cooperstown is really rough. Good thing my girlfriend wasn't sitting on my lap; otherwise, I probably would've got her pregnant. 🥴 

To be honest ,how many times do you get to see "good' heat races?  

Glad you had fun 👍

7 hours ago, Nate said:

The state can’t afford to pave it because they continue to pay everyone unemployment.

• Haha 2

Sat on the roof for the first time ever. Great seats, hard to move. 

As for the race...

Are you not entertained?!?!?! LOL

Sheppard and Dippel shenanigans, local boy gets screwed then says the hell with it and goes full send into T1. Crowd went ballistic either way. Some loved it, some hated it, but not too many butts were in their seats when it happened.

Now, I was confused because I didn't know if they penalized Bachetti for a jump start or that half assed burnout on the front stretch. I assumed it was the "jump start" which was a crock of shit. Wight didn't go, plain and simple. 

As for Dippel... I will reserve my strong words I had for that... Guy... However, he swatted Sheppard out of the way into T1 like Bachetti did Friessen, Sheppard displayed his annoyance with that, then Dippel upped the ante considerably. Problem is, if you're going to retaliate, you're supposed to wreck the other guy, not yourself. 3 swipes at it and all he had to show for it was embarrassment and a broken Teo axle while his rival motored away to P2.

All in all, a fun time was had.

• Like 1

There’s a start point at the VP sign off turn 4 on the inside of the track. It appeared Andy went while still in turn 3. I’ve seen them give a grace period many times if you’re close but if you re-watch that restart look where the Blue and white VP sign is on the bottom of turn 4. In our times on the series I’ve never seen anyone penalized but also most guys go within a car or so if the start point. 

PS I’ll save the folks on here the trouble and state that I’m aware we we were awful and DNQ last night with our new car. 

1 minute ago, JMB said:

I am also puzzled at how Chase Dowling got a provisional.   There surely had to be someone higher in the LVS points who did not qualify and races more often who  did not get to start the race. 

It may have been offered and drivers declined? Not sure