31 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Wrecks his own car trying to use it as a weapon under caution ......dumb , just plain dumb .

The rf shock was already broke. Matt has a thing for wanting to fight with young guys who are certainly not fighters. He’s looking to go 2-0-1. The wrestling match with little larry was scored a draw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Actually Dipple's move on Shepard looked similar to Bachetti's move on Friesen. They both looked like they started the pass in the infield.

2 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

When does the leader get penalized on a restart for “ jumping the start”.?

I'm not sure i've ever seen that before... ever....

• Like 3

I have. They're using the WoO Late Model and Sprint rules for the initial start of the race. No warnings. Front row goes the same time or else. Seen many Sprint and Late guys sent a row back for too good a start.

Now, that's initial start only over there, but to my knowledge the Mods don't have the Sprint rule that the leader absolutely can go first or the Lates Deleware start. Mods have to go together apparently. 

3 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

There’s a start point at the VP sign off turn 4 on the inside of the track. It appeared he went while still in turn 3. I’ve seen them give a grace period many times if you’re close but if you re-watch that restart look where the Blue and white VP sign is on the bottom of turn 4. In our times on the series I’ve never seen anyone penalized but also most guys go within a car or so if the start point. 

PS I’ll save the folks on here the trouble and state that I’m aware we we were awful and DNQ last night with our new car. 

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

I have. They're using the WoO Late Model and Sprint rules for the initial start of the race. No warnings. Front row goes the same time or else. Seen many Sprint and Late guys sent a row back for too good a start.

I think they do actually use the WoO Sprint rulebook on the SDS for those kinds of procedural things.  Though it's much more rare that you see a guy get put back for jumping in the Modifieds. 

4 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

IDK I'm thinking maybe in pit meeting they gave some type of instructions on restarts and he didn't fallow after warnings ? Maybe wait for flagger to signal IDK but they were in radio contact with drivers because 99 went to front on restart line up and SF moved up I think Only way 4 was getting by SF with few laps to go  for $25,500 was leaning on him I would guess... Didn't matter what track  there at 2nd place car for $25,500 will do that ....

10 hours ago, racermurray said:

Wrecks his own car trying to use it as a weapon under caution ......dumb , just plain dumb .

Looked awful similar to the same thing the 9s did to the 27j several years back at Fulton.

Dippel will grow up some day. ..      or not

9 hours ago, old racer said:

MS was fortunate he wasn't taken out when Dippel tried to wreck him That was hard hit by Dippel ....Pretty wild race last few laps ...

no doubt.  that was a hard shot

11 minutes ago, Shyglizzy said:

Dirt car makes up rules as the night goes

CC:

Every series race has the same rule since I’ve gone. They bring in and set up a VP sign In turn four for starts and restarts. Usually as long as you’re within reason of that there hasn’t been an issue. It looked like he was still in turn three when he went, which I’m assuming is why Larry didn’t fire. If you watch the highlights look for the VP sign and where they took off on the other restarts you’ll notice the difference with that particular one. I haven’t seen it done (penalty) but don’t usually see anyone go quite that early either. Either way Andy had the strongest car and was good to see a regular get the win.

PS I’ll save you the trouble. I’m aware we were awful last night. We’ve been struggling since we got that new car a couple weeks ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

Really? I feel like I’ve seen it a lot. There’s usually a point on the track you can’t fire before. I’m pretty sure the leader in one of the races at Malta last week jumped the start since they went early in turn 3. No penalty it was just a no start situation 

7 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

When he's a multi time Deyo STSS Champ about to win a $25,000 Super Dust Series race. Love Andy wearing the Hoosier headband upside down in the victory lane interview. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, old racer said:

MS was fortunate he wasn't taken out when Dippel tried to wreck him That was hard hit by Dippel ....Pretty wild race last few laps ...

Yes he was lucky, dippel missed the left rear of the 9s by inches. I was just clarifying the “broken car from hitting Matt” . Dippel had a broken RF shock or shock tower from the contact when he spun. He didn’t break that when he went after Matt under yellow. For the record I’m not siding with Tyler on this one, they were all beating and banging on a few restarts especially when Larry decided to eat ice cream rather than accelerate. 

8 hours ago, Rangers94 said:

So by that logic the leader can start anywhere and it's ok???

• Like 1

From what I watched last night between Sheppard and Dipple they were pushing, beating, banging the whole time they were near each other racing for position. Unfortunately frustration got the best of Dippel.

When Bachetti went to the bottom even early on, he was half off the track using the ridge around the bottom to turn through the corners. Sheppard finally caught on after he saw Bachetti use it to get by Freisen, difference is Sheppard was more careful how he came up over the ridge. Bachetti came over it to quick and it caused him to slam in to Freisen. 

Tyler Dippel might still only be 14 but he is a lot bigger then Max or Larry. I don't think Matt would do shit to Tyler face to face. We already know Matt only likes to fight in the lightweight division.