• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember a year ago when we were upset with no racing at our local tracks?

And did you see how black & slick Port Royal track was & how many sprints spun in the feature. That feature took forever. Sorry but daytime dirt racing is not the greatest. 

Loved the 4th of July races!!!! Great value with the $20 car load admission!!!!

3 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Some will say day time track conditions . I disagree as I just watched the PortRoyal 410 show and the SilverCrown Du Quoin show go off without a hitch .

And did you see how black & slick Port Royal track was & how many sprints spun in the feature. That feature took forever. Sorry but daytime dirt racing is not the greatest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Some will say day time track conditions . I disagree as I just watched the PortRoyal 410 show and the SilverCrown Du Quoin show go off without a hitch .

UR is not Port Royal. Double edge sword…start early and if track conditions are not favorable to fans/ drivers people will complain. UR has a history of being dry/slick during daytime conditions. Brett and his staff have done a great job with track conditions all year, Im sure he wanted to give the drivers and fans the best show possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, montess said:

Never said it was the greatest but the stands were full and the races were completed . I doubt you will see packed grandstands tonight as it is a work night and tomorrow is the first day of school for many of us .

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Never said it was the greatest but the stands were full and the races were completed . I doubt you will see packed grandstands tonight as it is a work night and tomorrow is the first day of school for many of us .

Stands are normally full there for most 410 races.. Utica is not Pa. You also never mentioned crowd size in your 1st post.

• Like 1

Also racermurray you do realize a 6pm start @ Utica is starting at least a hour earlier than normal. Deyo has been known to run a efficient night of racing. Not sure if you’ve attended his races lately. Not trying to beat up on you but what would you rather see. Getting home early on a slick black track with minimal passing or seeing a good night of racing on a decent track with passing?  Your a perfect example you can’t please everyone. To each their own. 

It’s also the fair at Port Royal which is a big deal locally. Labor Day racing is a tradition there and they usually do a decent job with track prep. Today was awful but that’s not the norm there. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, montess said:

Also racermurray you do realize a 6pm start @ Utica is starting at least a hour earlier than normal. Deyo has been known to run a efficient night of racing. Not sure if you’ve attended his races lately. Not trying to beat up on you but what would you rather see. Getting home early on a slick black track with minimal passing or seeing a good night of racing on a decent track with passing?  Your a perfect example you can’t please everyone. To each their own. 

Yes sir , I was at Deyo's Woodhull show couple weeks ago and I have attended several others each year . What is your idea of getting home early ? I have to get up at 4:00 to hit the time clock at 5:45 AM . Dude I have been going to races for over 50 years and have seen many daytime races on dirt tracks . I suggest you don't go to the main events at SuperDirtWeek as the ProStocks , Sportsmans and BigBlocks are all running in the daytime .    Arguing against ones opinions is a waste of time . Remember (opinions are like assholes , everybody has one and most of them stink)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Yes sir , I was at Deyo's Woodhull show couple weeks ago and I have attended several others each year . What is your idea of getting home early ? I have to get up at 4:00 to hit the time clock at 5:45 AM . Dude I have been going to races for over 50 years and have seen many daytime races on dirt tracks . I suggest you don't go to the main events at SuperDirtWeek as the ProStocks , Sportsmans and BigBlocks are all running in the daytime .

I was at Woodhull too. Thunder a Mtn race was done quick last week too. Not sure how long of a drive you have from Utica but I bet Mod race is done by 9-9:30pm. Maybe earlier.  I get up for work @ 4am to clock in @5:30am so I hear yea. . I’ve been to dirt week many times. As a lot of fans will tell yea not the best racing out there during the day. But to each their own I guess. By the way most of the time I have next day off so no worries on what time a race gets done. Maybe something you should consider instead of complaining about late starts. 

1 minute ago, racermurray said:

Did I complain about a late start or did I answer someone else's post ?  hmmm....  

My bad you suggested which these days comes off as complaining. My apologies.  I gave you reasons why they shouldn’t start earlier. Which by the way you do realize they did start early. But wasn’t enough to please you. 

If the start time does not work for you, or anything else. Then go to a different event, night, or track. Lots of different choices.  Friday and Saturday tracks raced

I  had thought about going to Utica. I wanted to see 100 laps and a good purse for mods. But was not hot on the idea of seeing the Patriots on the same night as the New Yorker 100. Plus sportsman , plus pro stocks.   Thinking the track will get used up.  In general, I avoid nights that have both 360 sprints plus mods. Regardless of track. More times than not, it becomes a looooong night.

So............ I went to Canandaigua this week instead.     

I can tell you that if Brett was going to start at 1pm?   with the sprints plus 100 laps for mods?   I would not even had considered going.   The track conditions would be shtt for sure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big Diamond Coal Cracker program starting at 6:45 tonight.   1 Hour earlier than was scheduled for Sunday.

So Deyo is not the only promoter not caring for a day program today

• Like 1
2 hours ago, montess said:

I was at Woodhull too. Thunder a Mtn race was done quick last week too. Not sure how long of a drive you have from Utica but I bet Mod race is done by 9-9:30pm. Maybe earlier.  

Close 9:36. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Modified Feature takes Checkers and its The Wild Child!  RJ gets second. Not even 9:30PM.

Isn't the Wild Child Bachetti?

Attica ran 410’s Saturday early to beat the rain. Feature was 40 laps , finished around 7 o’clock (in the daylight) and the racing was tremendous . Check out the replay on Flo. Running a race at night doesn’t guarantee a great show and running a race in the daytime doesn’t guarantee a shit show....just sayin

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Modified Feature takes Checkers and its The Wild Child!  RJ gets second. Not even 9:30PM.

Must have been at different race.