1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

No, it was New Yorker and it had Andy Bachetti as winner with RJ second.

Fake News apparently.

Actually I think they (Mike Mallet) retweeted the results from Lebanon Valley by mistake and then deleted it shortly there after.   I was trying to like the post but couldn't.  Went to look for the post and it was gone and the new post had Friesen winning.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember a year ago when we were upset with no racing at our local tracks?

And did you see how black & slick Port Royal track was & how many sprints spun in the feature. That feature took forever. Sorry but daytime dirt racing is not the greatest. 

Loved the 4th of July races!!!! Great value with the $20 car load admission!!!!

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

Attica ran 410’s Saturday early to beat the rain. Feature was 40 laps , finished around 7 o’clock (in the daylight) and the racing was tremendous . Check out the replay on Flo. Running a race at night doesn’t guarantee a great show and running a race in the daytime doesn’t guarantee a shit show....just sayin

Attica isn’t Utica. Utica is awful in the daytime.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jimbo8574 said:

Fake News apparently.

Actually I think they (Mike Mallet) retweeted the results from Lebanon Valley by mistake and then deleted it shortly there after.   I was trying to like the post but couldn't.  Went to look for the post and it was gone and the new post had Friesen winning.  

Yup, something like that.

2 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

What time did Big  Diamond get the checkered flag for the modifieds last night? They started at 6:45.

Left parking lot at 11pm after Mod Feature, did not stay for Sportsman. 

17 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Attica isn’t Utica. Utica is awful in the daytime.

I get it ! I get it !   Attica can run a day show but Utica can't . Oswego can run a day show but Utica can't . Port Royal can run a day show but Utica can't . Du Quoin can run a day show but Utica can't . Syracuse could run day shows but Utica can't , etc , etc , etc .

Sounds like a broken record.

Am I being sarcastic ? Yes

Am I being a wise ass ? Yes

Will someone on this forum who takes themselves way to seriously be offended ? Most likely

Question for the Utica Guru's/Wizards .  Has Utica tried a day show since the new clay was put down or since Deyo took over ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I for one, do NOT want to sit in crowded grandstands with hot sun beating on me, or sun in my eyes trying to watch the action on track..and I'm sure most Drivers prefer night time racing while piloting these ground pounders around the tracks in the Hot cockpits , rather than during brutal sun light hours.....Just my personal thoughts of course!!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Towman said:

I for one, do NOT want to sit in crowded grandstands with hot sun beating on me, or sun in my eyes trying to watch the action on track.

Maybe you need some good polarized sunglasses , they work for me plus they help @ dusty tracks....lol.....Just messin with ya brother 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daylight dirt racing sucks at like 95% of tracks in the country.  It just does, and even though I think measures can be taken to make it as good as possible its not often tried because promoters worry that if they miss the mark even a tiny bit they will have a slick dustbowl race that people will trash talk for the next year.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, racermurray said:

I get it ! I get it !   Attica can run a day show but Utica can't . Oswego can run a day show but Utica can't . Port Royal can run a day show but Utica can't . Du Quoin can run a day show but Utica can't . Syracuse could run day shows but Utica can't , etc , etc , etc .

Sounds like a broken record.

Am I being sarcastic ? Yes

Am I being a wise ass ? Yes

Will someone on this forum be offended ? Most likely

Question for the Utica Guru's/Wizards .  Has Utica tried a day show since the new clay was put down or since Deyo took over ?

Very few tracks can get away with good daytime racing. 90% of the time, it’s awful. Occasionally a track pulls it off, but doing it frequently, forget it. One of the best tracks with daytime shows is Boone IA, but they really work at it. During the IMCA Super Nationals (which is going this week), they start racing @ 2:00 in the afternoon every day. The trick is, they rework the track every 10 races, whether it needs it or not.

25 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

I thought Syracuse raced better during the day. Towards the end when they brought in good clay that track would get wide and you could actually pass.

How would any one know that ??  Ever see a RACE there at night ?????

2 hours ago, luke81 said:

Daylight dirt racing sucks at like 95% of tracks in the country.  It just does, and even though I think measures can be taken to make it as good as possible its not often tried because promoters worry that if they miss the mark even a tiny bit they will have a slick dustbowl race that people will trash talk for the next year.  

And how many slick dustbowl races have you also seen at night ?  My calculator broke when I tried to enter the amount I have seen...........lol...........😊

45 minutes ago, Towman said:

How would any one know that ??  Ever see a RACE there at night ?????

Actually….   Yes

4th of July race was always my favorite race at Syracuse.  The track still sucked.  But there was nothing in the infield. You could see good all around.   20 bucks a car load also did not hurt any 

• Like 2

When was there a Night time 4th of July Race????

25 minutes ago, racermurray said:

And how many slick dustbowl races have you also seen at night ?  My calculator broke when I tried to enter the amount I have seen...........lol...........😊

And running during the day only magnifies the dust with sun light. I get you want to see daytime dirt races but it seems these days there are less of them. I see the small block race @ Oswego is gonna be run in the evening instead of during the day. So you loose another one

1 hour ago, montess said:

And running during the day only magnifies the dust with sun light. I get you want to see daytime dirt races but it seems these days there are less of them. I see the small block race @ Oswego is gonna be run in the evening instead of during the day. So you loose another one

I didn't lose anything , I was at the last 358 race at Oswego in 2019 . It was run in the evening because it rained all day , it was a very good race so DIRTcar decided to do it again . BTW your the guy I was referring to when I talked about someone who takes themselves way to seriously . Looking back at your posts in this thread I noticed every one of them ends with you throwing a dig at me . You need to lighten up dude or your going to drive yourself crazy , life is short .

• Confused 1
45 minutes ago, racermurray said:

I didn't lose anything , I was at the last 358 race at Oswego in 2019 . It was run in the evening because it rained all day , it was a very good race so DIRTcar decided to do it again . BTW your the guy I was referring to when I talked about someone who takes themselves way to seriously . Looking back at your posts in this thread I noticed every one of them ends with you throwing a dig at me . You need to lighten up dude or your going to drive yourself crazy , life is short .

Sorry I’m disagreeing with you & you now seem to be but hurt over it. By the way I’m not the only one telling you why there are less daytime dirt race. To each their own. 

• Haha 1