10 hours ago, rpm72x said:

As far as getting away with running TC…..the tech at a modified race is so shitty nobody would ever know. There’s big block races that have had open small blocks racing in them and nobody knew. Scale it and go. Make weight and your good. At the races that have “pre-tech” it’s mostly bodies…safety gear and some random looking around to make it look legit. The last time I attended the 76er was the last time I’ve seen real tech before the race. That was a few years back but they were thorough….checked compression ratio, checked carbs…driveline…axles…a bunch of stuff. I was impressed. 

The Freedom 76 has pre-race tech like that every year.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's really too bad they're alienating Stew a bit here. He's the biggest star in modifieds and he takes every opportunity he gets on national TV when he's running the trucks to shout out the northeast

They should add stages to each race and have a playoff structure to add clarity to this situation. 

Here’s kind of an off-the-wall idea…. Why don’t they just take the driver who accumulates the most points at the scheduled races and make him the champion?  Why are there arbitrary ‘bonus points’ and

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Spinnin_Tires said:

rpm72x quick question. Is its tough going to day to day knowing everything about everything, you seem to be a expert in every thread and every discussion. Race teams must be knocking your door down to get some of that knowledge you have between your ears LOL

You have to admit that he either is pretty damn knowledgeable or just makes it sound like he is.  Many others on here spew pure BS that makes it obvious they are full of crap.  I enjoy when posters question what he says and then he comes back with a response that nobody else has a response for. And obviously there are topics that none of us agree on and we all just shake our heads at each other.  I wonder how come TC doesnt come up anymore after all the crap written about Billy Decker and the claims that you could hear it every time he was on the track. Lmao. Where are all the experts now? When I asked about it I got a Clownish response from a poster telling me to go look it up on the DT website. It was obvious he had nothing to offer except criticism of me asking questions. Lol. Then he turns around and asks a dumb ass question about what invaders will be at a certain track. Lol.

1 hour ago, Spinnin_Tires said:

rpm72x quick question. Is its tough going to day to day knowing everything about everything, you seem to be a expert in every thread and every discussion. Race teams must be knocking your door down to get some of that knowledge you have between your ears LOL

He is exactly like my brother, a know it all. 

4 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

If a platinum driver fails to attend all the events do they lose their platinum benefits?

The way I read it, NO, if they got approval first !!!!

5 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

If a platinum driver fails to attend all the events do they lose their platinum benefits?

Yes. Unless it’s for a legitimate reason. Health, emergency of some sort, etc…..

6 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Interesting that there is no mention of the Platinum Bonus Points!?!?!? 

Notice also in the article , that there is no mention what so ever that Stew ever refused or declined to sign an agreement. No mention of this from Dean , nor anyone else

The exact opposite is mentioned. Quotes from Stew claim he did ask to become a member several times and was refused.

This article printed back in May

This is where I am coming from when I posted that in order to sign an agreement , you need to be offered one.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:47 PM, macho said:

The bonus points used to be a 1000 now its 1200. I think they threw on an extra 200 on to be sure Stew is nowhere near the top 5 or 10.

WRG Northeast has turned into kind of a bush league organization. I am not referring to the drivers and owners, I’m speaking of the organization’s management team.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Pinesol said:

He is exactly like my brother, a know it all. 

Idk your brother….but people claiming others are know it all’s….lots of time know nothing. 

9 hours ago, Spinnin_Tires said:

I have worked for quite a few of the larger teams in modified racing in CNY. I still do from time to time for the bigger shows. I have a lot of very close friends that I speak to daily that either race or own dirt modifieds. I’ve built more cars/shocks/transmissions/rearends etc. than probably every regular poster on here combined. So no not hard for me as far as daily life and extremely easy for me to sound like a genius on the forum. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I have worked for quite a few of the larger teams in modified racing in CNY. I still do from time to time for the bigger shows. I have a lot of very close friends that I speak to daily that either race or own dirt modifieds. I’ve built more cars/shocks/transmissions/rearends etc. than probably every regular poster on here combined. So no not hard for me as far as daily life and extremely easy for me to sound like a genius on the forum. 

Very impressive. If only you had a real name to back it all up, genius. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

So why does WRG have every driver that competed in an event on their points page if only the platinum drivers are eligible for points?  As WRG claimed, it is literally impossible for a non-platinum driver to win the points. This means there is no point in keeping track of what-if situations.

WRG didn't even know the rules they were playing by? I am sure Stew isn't that concerned about WRG giving him the shaft but if I were WRG I'd be praying that Stew could maintain first place to breakup the monotony of Matt winning the Super Matt Series.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Idk you.....but people claiming to sound like a genius lots of times know nothing.

Your more than welcome to walk in a raceshop….learn some stuff and fact check everything I stated. I’m sure plenty of teams would love some extra help. Anyone who has mounted a tire would sound like a genius compared to most on here. You can’t learn a thing at the concession stand. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, John Williams said:

Very impressive. If only you had a real name to back it all up, genius. 

tenor.gif

If I posted my real name…you would quickly understand that when it comes to the racing parts….I’m not bullshitting anyone. But then the group of us that get a kick out of this forum and firing everyone up wouldn’t have this for entertainment. There’s a few people on here that know me very well….there opinion matters to me….yours does not.  The fact that you cannot post anything in regards to racecars….tells me all I need to know. You do have a good handle on posting video clips….you could possibly go to work for mandee Pauch someday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

If I posted my real name…you would quickly understand that when it comes to the racing parts….I’m not bullshitting anyone. But then the group of us that get a kick out of this forum and firing everyone up wouldn’t have this for entertainment. There’s a few people on here that know me very well….there opinion matters to me….yours does not.  The fact that you cannot post anything in regards to racecars….tells me all I need to know. You do have a good handle on posting video clips….you could possibly go to work for mandee Pauch someday. 

Nice edit. Must have really twisted your panties. I'll keep fishing if you keep biting! 😘

47 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Your more than welcome to walk in a raceshop….learn some stuff and fact check everything I stated. I’m sure plenty of teams would love some extra help. Anyone who has mounted a tire would sound like a genius compared to most on here. You can’t learn a thing at the concession stand. 

*You’re*…….And you call yourself a genius. 

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

*You’re*…….And you call yourself a genius. 

Typical. Not sure what a round of wedge is never the less what it does…..but we will call out grammatical errors on a racing forum. Lol. You guys are great. I’m no genius in the grand scheme of things. Smart yes, should be for the amount of years I’ve been around it. Genius compared to most of you guys posting on here…..when it comes to racing…..absolutely. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, toprow said:

Yeah it’s really horrible that someone on here as some racing knowledge on a racing forum 🙄 tards 

Hey I’m sure most know the exact amount of steps it takes them to get to the bathroom, beer booth and concession stand at the places they frequent. 

• Like 2

To put it as simply as possible, there should be no conflicts for northeast mod races that pay 10K or better. Especially, if they pay 50K or better.  It can be done.

Let's see who benefits by the above. The drivers (they can always race for the big purse), the fans (they get to see all of the big name drivers), the promoters (more people in the stands). Am I leaving anyone out (wink-wink)?

32 minutes ago, chas71 said:

To put it as simply as possible, there should be no conflicts for northeast mod races that pay 10K or better. It can be done.

There are 3 of them this Saturday, good luck.