1 hour ago, Joe Rockhead said:

This has no impact on SDS points but, anybody know if the clay is being placed down at Oswego yet?  Pics?

No Dirt put down this year. To costly and time consuming. They have changed the name to Super Asphalt Week 🤣

In all seriousness they usually don't put the dirt down till about a week or 2 after labor day. Expect pictures to be put on social media by then.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Joe Rockhead said:

This has no impact on SDS points but, anybody know if the clay is being placed down at Oswego yet?  Pics?

Dirtcar is busy trying to figure out the point system that they created…..they don’t understand it either. Might be late on laying clay this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Joe Rockhead said:

As of 6pm when I removed my camper from Classic weekend, there was no activity. The turn 3 gate was closed and all the jersey barriers were still sitting on the hill outside the track. 

14 minutes ago, GGgraphics said:

Its go time to lay down the clay! Lets go Larry Wight!

On 9/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, Sicklajoie said:

Bumped to Thursday now because of the weather.

if they were waiting till thursday because of weather?.  wonder what the thoughts are today? 😎

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Damn.....how did they manage to do that ? it's pretty much level ground .

There is a little more banking there than it appears from the stands.  Judging from the position of the truck, they were trying to stay as level as possible.  Clay is not a user friendly material. 

The Clay is extremely wet from the rain we have got, and wet clay stuck to the side of the aluminum dump box which can make the load very un even.   It wasn’t larry, it wasn’t John just a driver who was a victim of circumstances. There are lots more dump trucks, that one wasn’t damaged bad and was only a few hour delay so it wasn’t that big of a deal. Progress is still going great on the track. I never once seen a “ I hope the driver is ok” post on here or social media, but then again I wouldn’t expect any less lol 

Rob Hile 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, macho said:

Do they not pit wood chips down anymore? Or did they never use them

There is no way possible to get any compaction with wood chips.

That was the stupidest idea ever

6 hours ago, JAR1972 said:

Slight delay I'm thinking:  
241410059_410285224016529_858435580679705610_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=DtFsE2BJDccAX8nbCC-&tn=nZwaRlpigIrYJysJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=3e67a2676ee71206e48f5d8b7351d71a&oe=61699526

First red flag of Super Dirt week.  That didnt take long.

• Haha 1