4 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

He said the place has turned into the laughing stock of dirt motorsports. I think that would reflect on the facility and the organization. 

Yes.  I was referring to the fact that Hearn didn't take his comments that far.  Just commented on the conditions of the day.  If Matt had said something more along those lines, this thread doesn't exist.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone complains about Nascar drivers being so boring then you get guys who tell it like it is like Busch, Matt and Tony Stewart and then people complain they're 'crying'. 

He’s been a D bag for years. No class at all. 

Isnt it odd that Ms. Pauch has said nothing on her vlog regarding her brothers dq and loss of points due to illegal heads being used at New Egypt?

1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

It’s highly entertaining reading through this like Stew never did or said anything wrong his entire career. 🤔

Nope he made an ass out of himself as well. Granted he didn’t just get beat, he literally had a big win taken from him. As stew has aged he represents himself and the modified world very well. You don’t get the same reactions from really anyone that we constantly see from Matt. 

6 hours ago, old racer said:

Howard calm down your constant tantrums about MS is a character trait ...It's all entertainment relax ,take deep breaths , go for a walk ....

No tantrum, I enjoy watching him act like a baby. He doesn’t have too many down falls when it comes to racing. All the talent, big wins, championships etc. so when he falls short in a particular area It doesn’t hurt my feelings. But, your going to have to work harder than you currently do to justify his actions. Goofy baseless claims of lawsuits and why he had to race are not gunna get it done. 

12 hours ago, macho said:

Everyone complains about Nascar drivers being so boring then you get guys who tell it like it is like Busch, Matt and Tony Stewart and then people complain they're 'crying'. 

That has always been true on here. People say they want drivers to speak their mind, but the Tim Fuller "New York shitholes" comment upset people for years. Same thing with the Robert Ballou "shithole" comment about the Weedsport surface.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FightForTheRail said:

That has always been true on here. People say they want drivers to speak their mind, but the Tim Fuller "New York shitholes" comment upset people for years. Same thing with the Robert Ballou "shithole" comment about the Weedsport surface.

Yes that did piss off a lot of us. But those were single incidents. Matt's reputation of being a horrible loser and going off without thinking has a very long history.  Chris Larsen should of banned him permanently when Matt was screaming in his face and calling every swear word in the book. Wight should of never allowed him to come back.  It really sucks to see that one of the best of all time is such as whiney child.  I don't expect him to be a good loser or be happy he didn't win, he wouldn't be as good as he is if he was like that. But I do expect some kind of professionalism. He had over an hour to come to his senses and calm down before he went and punched Max. That shows an extreme lack of judgement, morals, and professionalism. And instead of being remembered as one of the best of all times he'll be remembered as one of the whiniest drivers there ever was.  

I'm not saying Matt never had the right to get pissed, but he has no control over himself and his temper.  And it looks extremely poor to have a two series Champion act like such a child. If I'm Hoosier or American Racer or any other product sponsor I wouldn't want him representing my brand.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chas71 said:

I want to see Matt sit on top of his car.

I want Stew ( or another driver) to choke a guy cause god for bid he race me hard or punch a guy 10 years younger and 100 lbs  less than him. Also funny that Stews car sit was what 5 years ago, this just happened, Max got punched this season. No denying great driver but as a fan he's hard to get behind.

2 hours ago, JazzyJeff89 said:

I want Stew ( or another driver) to choke a guy cause god for bid he race me hard or punch a guy 10 years younger and 100 lbs  less than him. Also funny that Stews car sit was what 5 years ago, this just happened, Max got punched this season. No denying great driver but as a fan he's hard to get behind.

Stews meltdown was 11 years ago. It stemmed from a track mistake that cost him 25k. It wasn’t him stomping his feet because he’s no longer the man to beat in a modified. Or because a small block beat him….or because he feels like a tough guy with children. 

Just now, DowntheBackStretch said:

Do you think Matt would get upset if someone asked him if he has been using TC the last couple of years? I wonder what his reaction would be? 

Idk but there was a picture circulating months back of a bill from Davis technologies with Matt’s name on it. 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:54 AM, dan dan said:

Simple fix, Larsen simply needs to inform Sheppard just as he pulls up to gate that he isn't welcome. Could do it earlier but why bother. 

Muhammad Ali once said "Half the people come to see me win, half come to see me lose.  But the arenas are standing room only."

Larson is turning nobody away, especially Matt.

Sports needs good and bad guys. Golf is thriving in large part because guys like Dechambeau and Reed are hated so much. Tiger, in his prime, was very polarizing. I don’t like my sports bland. Having guys who stir up emotions is a good thing. Dirt motor sports needs more characters IMO, not less. Plus, nothing is worse than listening to an athlete spit cliches. It creates waves when you get a sound bite that isn’t textbook, carbon copy. I say bring it on! 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Sports needs good and bad guys. Golf is thriving in large part because guys like Dechambeau and Reed are hated so much. Tiger, in his prime, was very polarizing. I don’t like my sports bland. Having guys who stir up emotions is a good thing. Dirt motor sports needs more characters IMO, not less. Plus, nothing is worse than listening to an athlete spit cliches. It creates waves when you get a sound bite that isn’t textbook, carbon copy. I say bring it on! 

I 100% agree…..but I’d much rather see rivalries between competitors. When someone gets out of the car and speaks his/her mind about another driver…..that adds excitement. Idk how much excitement is added when participants attack the league/track or sanctioning bodies they race for. Sometimes they are 100% in the right….sometimes not. In this particular case Matt wasn’t stating anything that was incorrect….but the place has had track issues for quite some time and he continued to show up….all was good while it appeared he was going to win 25k. When that didn’t happen all of a sudden it’s a hole and the track is awful. Sounds like whining. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
38 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Happy Gilmore was like that too. Remember the Waterbury Open?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

You know everything Matt has done. You know his stats & dates. Kinda makes you a fan…..

I’ve spent my life at the racetracks that he has frequented. I can tell you most guys stats that he has raced with, along with a lot of others. In a way I’m a fan, he’s a special talent inside the racecar. Have to respect that part of him. 

Matt races for a living and he has been doing it for a few years. He knows how to drive, he knows how to set the cars up and he knows how to read a racetrack. He destroyed a car at Georgetown after they had a few inches of rain. He should have known the track would be soft and full of holes he’s a professional. Same thing at Orange County lots of rain turned the track soft and full of holes. Maybe he was counting the money already before he got there. It’s his own fault he decided to race knowing how the track conditions would be. No one but himself decided to run knowing how the track would turn out. He may be a professional race driver but he sure isn’t a public relations manager for himself. 

• Like 1

Luckily social media was not as prevalent 15 year ago or earlier.   One year the Lebanon Valley 200 went back and forth several times to whether it was going to DIRT sanctioned or not due to a sponsor conflict between the race and the series.  I believe things did not get ironed out until less than a week before the race.  On the night of the race they were interviewing drivers on pit road early in the program.  I clearly remember Tim McCreadie whining over the PA that he did not want to be there and only showed up because he had to.  The tone in his voice almost seemed like an FU to the fans that he probably wanted to be in the Late Model somewhere instead. 

1 hour ago, premiumdiesel said:

He dont need any of you. 6 figure winnings yearly hes doing just fine. 

And racefans don’t need him either. If a certain place is a laughing stock go elsewhere. He stated years ago Brewerton needed him…..still doing just fine. 

• Like 1

Anyone know how OCFS did this year attendance wise without the BB on most Saturdays?   Last year (ok it was a pandemic) they had MS and Mike Mahaney and occasionally SF running there.  

Anthony Perrego is a great driver IMO and a draw.   Tommy Meier is decent.  Craig Mitchell is fairly local to me.  Who else is a big draw that puts butts in seats?  

OCFS hold a place in my heart.  Its the track closest to me.   The second track or third track I ever went to.  

I think the show they put on sucks compared to Albany Saratoga.  Last year I bought most OCFS races.  This year 2.  Yes I know I am not a real fan because I stream vs go (other then ESW Sunday).  But real fan or not money is money.  I lost any desire to buy their Thursday shows.   Rather watch Fonda or LoL on Saturdays.

I know they spent millions on improvements to the facility and bringing in new clay in 2019.  But its just a dust storm.  Not sure if they can afford to replace the clay again or not but its just not a track I care to watch or go to other then once a year.   I will watch whatever is included with Dirtvision and pay for ESW Sunday either on stream or going.

I hope they figure it out and are around for another 100 years.  

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

And racefans don’t need him either. If a certain place is a laughing stock go elsewhere. He stated years ago Brewerton needed him…..still doing just fine. 

I kinda like him. As you say though,just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

He dont need any of you. 6 figure winnings yearly hes doing just fine. 

I’ll say this not only for Matt but anyone racing for a living in any division on dirt; the number of rainouts this year has really sucked. Likely cost Matt another +/- $25,000 in earnings. Guys like Timmy Mac has lost more $$ opportunities given the larger purses he’s racing for. Maybe it’s recency bias but I don’t remember this many shows being wiped out. Worse yet when you consider the condensed SDS schedule to begin with with no Canadian tour stops