Considering going tomorrow to Skyline. I have never been there.  Has anyone ever traveled there from the Geneva area or approximate? Looking for easiest route. Could follow GPS on phone , but sometimes that takes me in not the best ways I have found.

Any other info appreciated.  Start time, items that can be brought in, or not.  Concessions available,seating, camping  ,etc.

I did read that mods are back this week

Much of any info on the Skyline facebook page though is blocked for those without an account

2 hours ago, leroy said:

Considering going tomorrow to Skyline. I have never been there.  Has anyone ever traveled there from the Geneva area or approximate? Looking for easiest route. Could follow GPS on phone , but sometimes that takes me in not the best ways I have found.

Any other info appreciated.  Start time, items that can be brought in, or not.  Concessions available,seating, camping  ,etc.

I did read that mods are back this week

Much of any info on the Skyline facebook page though is blocked for those without an account

Gates 3,awards 5:30 & racing at 6:30. 
You can bring in anything you want except glass. Food is good & cheap. Lots of options for seating. Tailgate section between 1&2,lawn chairs & ample stands. I prefer the set in turn one that looks down the front stretch. 
Directions- You’re on your own. I’ve been 1/2 dozen times & think gone a different way each time from Canandaigua. 

• Thanks 1

I have no idea what race teams will show up. Probably none of the superstar/names.  I do not care.  A lot of times the better races are in support classes. And I like going places and tracks that I have never been too.  Skyline is one of those places I have always wanted to check out 

I am headed to Dundee tonight .  Not a definite on Skyline. Family issues sometimes come up.  But things look good as of now for me to go to both

• Like 1

I followed my GPS every time I went there. First time I thought I was lost for sure. I didn’t know they were running mods tomorrow night I would have liked to go however I have other plans made. I went one night when it was very cold and I got there early enough to get a spot down in the first turn and watched from my car. Shame they don’t advertise I’m sure more fans would go if they knew about it. 

Well......some good and some bad.

Unique facility.  A little bigger than I expected.  Was thinking more along Paradise before I got there. Pleasantly surprised.  

Can not get more 'fan friendly' than this place.  When you drive in you pay.  So your in.  Can park above turn one and watch the races while you tailgate/cookout if you first to get these spots. No extra charge.  If not , several options of seats and or lawn chair areas.  You can bring in whatever food or drinks you want .  NO 'airport security'.  Love it

I got there about 5ish and despite packing a cooler w food/ beer. I did get some food from concessions.  1 hot dog + 1 cheeseburg = $4.50.   How do you beat that? 👍.   

The track was in GREAT shape.  I did not believe I was in the southern tier.  Was I ?  Looked tacky but smooth to me. Not enough dust to speak of.

Some of the bad..  Poor car counts.   I think it was  ruffly 14  600 mods. 21 sportsman ,10 street stocks, 14 modifieds, 10 4cyl.    Heats ran off with out a hitch.  Done well before 8pm  But then half hour er so intermission between heats and feature.  Not horrible.  But then most of the drivers(other than the mods) decided to run each other over rather than race.  One tow truck.  PA system also breaking up.  Could not understand any of what was being said

The 600 mods had at least a half dozen yellows in a 25 lap feature. And some of them stopped on track I thinking to change a tire , because these guys got courtesy laps in pits. I thought that was bad. Then came the sportsman.... OUCH.  After 10 cautions the flagger should just throw the yellow and the checkers same time. Call it done.

After a couple early yellows ,the hobby stocks were not bad.   The leader checked out. But a decent race for second.  Despite just 10 cars.

The modifieds went green to checker with some good racing through out 👍

Did not stay for 4cyl. left at 10:30.  home at 12

16 minutes ago, leroy said:

Well......some good and some bad.

Unique facility.  A little bigger than I expected.  Was thinking more along Paradise before I got there. Pleasantly surprised.  

Can not get more 'fan friendly' than this place.  When you drive in you pay.  So your in.  Can park above turn one and watch the races while you tailgate/cookout if you first to get these spots. No extra charge.  If not , several options of seats and or lawn chair areas.  You can bring in whatever food or drinks you want .  NO 'airport security'.  Love it

I got there about 5ish and despite packing a cooler w food/ beer. I did get some food from concessions.  1 hot dog + 1 cheeseburg = $4.50.   How do you beat that? 👍.   

The track was in GREAT shape.  I did not believe I was in the southern tier.  Was I ?  Looked tacky but smooth to me. Not enough dust to speak of.

Some of the bad..  Poor car counts.   I think it was  ruffly 14  600 mods. 21 sportsman ,10 street stocks, 14 modifieds, 10 4cyl.    Heats ran off with out a hitch.  Done well before 8pm  But then half hour er so intermission between heats and feature.  Not horrible.  But then most of the drivers(other than the mods) decided to run each other over rather than race.  One tow truck

The 600 mods had at least a half dozen yellows in a 25 lap feature. And some of them stopped on track I thinking to change a tire , because these guys got courtesy laps in pits. I thought that was bad. Then came the sportsman.... OUCH.  After 10 cautions the flagger should just throw the yellow and the checkers same time. Call it done.

After a couple early yellows ,the hobby stocks were not bad.   The leader checked out. But a decent race for second.  Despite just 10 cars.

The modifieds went green to checker with some good racing through out 👍

Did not stay for 4cyl. left at 10:30.  home at 12

Thanks for the update.  I like all of the first half of your post. When I was there I experienced everything you posted.  A little bit of a bummer with cautions and one tow truck and some rough riding.  I would definitely go again because of their consistency of track conditions, good concessions and very fan friendly. Would be great if they could get a few more cars.  

• Like 1

Those are actually pretty good car counts for Skyline. Most times I’ve been they struggle for double digits. Sportsman do good for Turbo Blue though. They will take that 1/2 hr break no matter what. 
I read elsewhere the sportsman race was a disaster with an altercation in the pits after. 

6 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

Those are actually pretty good car counts for Skyline. Most times I’ve been they struggle for double digits. Sportsman do good for Turbo Blue though. They will take that 1/2 hr break no matter what. 
I read elsewhere the sportsman race was a disaster with an altercation in the pits after. 

I do not know about any altercation. I was grandstand,  But the sportsman feature was a shtt show.  Very Bad.

I wonder what exactly is the turbo blue about?  Does Skyline use them as their fuel? 

Also what is the difference between 600 mod and mod lite?  tires? something else?

14 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Who won the Mod feature?

Tanner Vandoren.  I did not know who it was at the time though. The PA kept breaking up. All I knew was it was #22 before I read tweets this am.   I really did not recognize any of the cars except  Jim LaRock  ,who finished second. Eric Leet was third.    

La Rock was really hooked up this weekend.  He passed Varin for third with just two laps to go Friday night in Dundee

• Like 1
10 hours ago, leroy said:

Tanner Vandoren.  I did not know who it was at the time though. The PA kept breaking up. All I knew was it was #22 before I read tweets this am.   I really did not recognize any of the cars except  Jim LaRock  ,who finished second. Eric Leet was third.    

La Rock was really hooked up this weekend.  He passed Varin for third with just two laps to go Friday night in Dundee

LaRock is the only one of those 3 I know too.

1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

Tanner VanDoren won the Sportsman ESW last year.

He is younger than Tyler Dippel.

I really don’t pay much attention to the Sportsman class, outside of a couple friends who run them.

So he’s 10?

• Haha 1