Looks like most of the CNY guys are keying in on Canandaigua . 

As far as car count goes my prediction is the Port Royal 200 and Oswego will be the best modified shows of the year  .

To many conflicting races this weekend , cars spread out all over .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FFTR... can’t wait for your recap tomorrow.   First missed sixer in 13 years.  I’m bummed. But other commitments just didn’t allow me to get away.  People up this way in NY just don’t know what th

Sixty-seven cars at the Freedom 76.

This comment just got more interesting. 

19 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Looks like most of the CNY guys are keying in on Canandaigua . 

As far as car count goes my prediction is the Port Royal 200 and Oswego will be the best modified shows of the year  .

To many conflicting races this weekend , cars spread out all over .

I guess the bright side this weekend is that there’s big money out there to be won all over!

im hoping to make it to at least one night of the speed showcase at port, sounds like it’s gonna be awesome. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, klempa said:

I guess the bright side this weekend is that there’s big money out there to be won all over!

im hoping to make it to at least one night of the speed showcase at port, sounds like it’s gonna be awesome. 

I can't wait for the Port Royal race . Went last year and with the exception of the very scary Pauch crash the weekend was fantastic

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Agreed , thought there would be more at Fonda , looking like big car count at Canandaigua coming up .  Not good for Fonda when part of their car count is sportsman cars trying to get in the 200 .

50 cars even with sportsman cars in there isn’t to bad & did anyone notice Sheppard won the 1st heat @ Fonda. So will Sheppard be running Fonda tomorrow? 

I'm wondering the same thing. From last to first, even Stew didn't do that in his heat.  Matt races for a  living, I don't think it's a stretch for him to by pass a DIRTcar race.  Brett Deyo has been very good Matt Sheppard over the last few years and gave him chances to win a lot more money then what he makes off the SDS. I don't know if he gets the same benefits from Deyo as the SDS and how much that would influence his decision. But why race Friday night for a heat race and then not race the next night? Other wise he came to Fonda to just run some laps for nothing. 

If Matt doesn't race at Canandaigua tomorrow could come to a big revolution in dirt modified racing, will they strip Matt of all his points?

• Like 1

Sheppard and Mahaney are guaranteed $1000 just for starting the Fonda 2000 and both get a top 12 start.  Mike is 4th and well back of Sheppard in SDS points.  How many points do you get for winning a SDS feature?  Could Sheppard skip a race and still finish ahead of Decker and Britten?

What does 4th place pay for SDS points?  

Its not about not getting points, I think there is a rule about just skipping a SDS race for a race some where else. It's part of Sheppard's contract with WRG to be at every SDS race. 

If it was just about not getting points tomorrow night, Sheppard could still come back and win. But I'm pretty sure breaking the contract rules means he loses Platinum status, so he would lose the platinum bonus points at the very least. If WRG sticks to their own rules.

16 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

I'm wondering the same thing. From last to first, even Stew didn't do that in his heat.  Matt races for a  living, I don't think it's a stretch for him to by pass a DIRTcar race.  Brett Deyo has been very good Matt Sheppard over the last few years and gave him chances to win a lot more money then what he makes off the SDS. I don't know if he gets the same benefits from Deyo as the SDS and how much that would influence his decision. But why race Friday night for a heat race and then not race the next night? Other wise he came to Fonda to just run some laps for nothing. 

If Matt doesn't race at Canandaigua tomorrow could come to a big revolution in dirt modified racing, will they strip Matt of all his points?

What is the end of year championship payout for the SDS ? I think that will determine who races where. Pretty much a given that Sheppard knows where his bread is buttered and goes the DIRT route.

If Matt or Mike skip a SDS race they will loose all bonus points and not get paid the point fund money. Just like Stew will not receive any point fund money from DIRT. There is a chance of rain out west tomorrow hence why they they tried to qualify for Fonda but dirt car will not cancel even if it’s pouring out so these guys can’t go back to race.  

• Like 1

I WRG might butter his bread, but Deyo toasts it and gives him the jelly.

But I think they said $40K to win the SDS Championship.

But he leads the STSS North Points also and is only 24 points out of 1st place in the STSS South. Thats two more championships he could win. He currently has made over $48,698.00 from the STSS alone. And has won $46,000.00 from the SDS. 

The North championship will pay $12,500.00 & the South pays $10,000.00 plus a 10,000 bonus if you win both I think.. They use to, plus there use to be a big American Racer bonus.. Not sure if they still have that. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Seriously, if his sponsors cared where he raced that much to tell him where he has to race. I doubt they would of wanted him down at Orange County or at Fonda instead of Canandaigua this season. They know he races for a living and needs to follow the money.

His Facebook just explained situation