• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a bit confused. No one is complaining about a $40 admission price to watch a 76 lap race, but are complaining about a $49.99 price to watch from the comfort of home or at a gathering of fellow ra

Okay...wait a minute!  I have been a real race fan since 1963.  I have worked in the press department at Flemington, I have published driver monthly newsletters, I have written for Gater and. AARN, I

You are a slut if you give it away and people will talk bad about you.  You are a whore if you charge for it and people will talk bad about you.  But,  they all come back for it if they like

Just now, Angmar said:

Bwahahahahahahaha

Lolololololol

Lmaolmaolmaolmao

Roflroflroflrofl

Whew, that was good. I needed that laugh. 

"Lolololololol" Is that:

"Laugh out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud"?

or

"Laugh out loud laugh out laugh out laugh out laugh out laugh out"?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Humourous line from the movie ( Hollywood knights )  fits this scenario        "This shit is waaaaaayyyyy outa line"

Or the meme with the guy that ran for president:

"The price of watching racing online, is too goddam high".

7 minutes ago, Angmar said:

Or the meme with the guy that ran for president:

"The price of watching racing online, is too goddam high".

It's $40 to watch it in person.  Why should it be any cheaper to watch it online (and "Because Flo Racing is $150 for the year" is not a valid answer)?

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

It's $40 to watch it in person.  Why should it be any cheaper to watch it online (and "Because Flo Racing is $150 for the year" is not a valid answer)?

With all due respect, turning it back to you, if it’s $40 to watch in person, why is it $50 to watch at home? 

28 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

why should it be more? yes, i get the argument it would cost more if traveling and concessions, etc but i will never understand your logic on pricing. you say don't use flo being $150 as an example but i'm sorry this is a prime example. you will get more customers and make more in the long run offering at least a monthly subscription. something similar to dirtvison. allows customers to subscribe and cancel when they want.

1 minute ago, con7 said:

With all due respect, turning it back to you, if it’s $40 to watch in person, why is it $50 to watch at home? 

Call it a "convenience tax." 

The honest answer is that with any show you see on DTD Tv, we are always above and beyond the gate price.  We've done this on every single show we've ever done to protect the track.  I also have overhead to put the show on (a producer, 2 camera men, bandwidth, etc...). 

It will always be cheaper to go sit in the stands than it will be to watch it on DTD Tv.

If DTD Tv is the same price as the front gate, what is the incentive for the fan to go to the track when they can stay home and watch?  Especially if that fan has to travel anything over an hour. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, macdaddywendell said:

why should it be more? yes, i get the argument it would cost more if traveling and concessions, etc but i will never understand your logic on pricing. you say don't use flo being $150 as an example but i'm sorry this is a prime example. you will get more customers and make more in the long run offering at least a monthly subscription. something similar to dirtvison. allows customers to subscribe and cancel when they want.

So what happens when the weather is sketchy and I've got a $30 ticket show on my schedule?

You're 2 hours away from the track and pay $29.99 a month for a subscription for DTD Tv.  Are you getting in the car and driving to the track to support the show?  No... You're not... You're going to watch from home... I get that I (DTD Tv) might get more customers (there is no proof that this statement is accurate by the way) but how does that service the track?

Now, the track ends up running the show because the weather holds out.  The grandstand attendance is atrocious because everyone stayed home to watch on DTD Tv via the monthly subscription based on the weather forecast and the track loses out on thousands in revenue from the event... 

Tell me I'm wrong... 

7 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

If DTD Tv is the same price as the front gate, what is the incentive for the fan to go to the track when they can stay home and watch? 

The incentive is a better product.  No matter how good a job you do with the broadcast, your coverage is not the same as being there.

27 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

The incentive is a better product.  No matter how good a job you do with the broadcast, your coverage is not the same as being there.

I agree. 

But when I watch some broadcasts and look at the grandstands, I've got to wonder if we're in the minority.  Especially with money being tight for a lot of folks. 

33 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

I have not bought coverage as of yet, I select which RACES I want to see and GO TO THE TRACK,  nothing better than being at these tracks and watching the show with ALL your senses working...Mingling with other RACE FANS and just over all having a great time live......

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

. So what happens when the weather is sketchy and I've got a $30 ticket show on my schedule?

You're 2 hours away from the track and pay $29.99 a month for a subscription for DTD Tv.  Are you getting in the car and driving to the track to support the show?  No... You're not... You're going to watch from home... I get that I (DTD Tv) might get more customers (there is no proof that this statement is accurate by the way) but how does that service the track?

Now, the track ends up running the show because the weather holds out.  The grandstand attendance is atrocious because everyone stayed home to watch on DTD Tv via the monthly subscription based on the weather forecast and the track loses out on thousands in revenue from the event... 

Tell me I'm wrong... 

how is it not proven, would you rather get my $0 or a paid member? there already is more customers if i subscribe. you can do single events like you do now as well as all the others like flo and dirtvision and also offer a monthly and or yearly. i'm not sitting at home because i think the weather is bad, if i can't go would be the reason i'm watching at home, i'd rather skip the event altogether than pay an outrageous price. so the weather theory doesn't work. if someone is interested in going, they'll go if they can.

7 minutes ago, macdaddywendell said:

So the weather theory doesn't work. if someone is interested in going, they'll go if they can.

The weather theory absolutely works.

You cannot tell me that there is no difference between the front gate attendance on a show where the weather is beautiful versus the a show where the weather is sketchy.

This whole idea of "race fans will go if they can" is a myth.  They won't go.  Everyone has a weather app these days and if the rain chances are greater than 60% people stay home.  Why do you think so many tracks cancel when the forecast calls for rain these days?  That never used to happen.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, leroy said:

Buy it.      Or not

NOT !!!!!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, robracer said:

I'd buy the 76'r on TV before I went to Fonda or LoL. I also love Grandview and don't care for Fonda or LoL. 

SO, by YOUR comment you would rather sit on a couch and watch TV instead of going to a RACE !!!!!!  You my friend are Not a true RACEFAN !!!!

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

This whole idea of "race fans will go if they can" is a myth.  They won't go.  Everyone has a weather app these days and if the rain chances are greater than 60% people stay home.  Why do you think so many tracks cancel when the forecast calls for rain these days?  That never used to happen.

Hell back in the late 70s my dad would occasionally skip driving to Danbury if there were reports of rain or it was raining at our house.  I seem to recall him turning around a time or two when it started raining.  If they were able to get the show in we just missed out.  He worked many Saturdays.  He didn't want to drive 45 mins sit in the stands for an hour or whatever until they called it and turn around and drive 45 mins back home.  

I will be honest and say I didn't buy a show or two this year due to bad weather forecasts.  I didn't want to pay $18 bucks for heat races.  

Is it cheaper to get in your car and drive to grandview vs PPV?

I do not think so .   Not for me anyway 

I would not buy the PPV myself .  But I will be at another track .    So……….

is not the replay(s) much cheaper? ?

Buy the replays .  Go to the races. Or both

• Like 2
1 hour ago, FondaFan16 said:

So what happens when the weather is sketchy and I've got a $30 ticket show on my schedule?

Tell me I'm wrong... 

I will definitely tell you your wrong . You ran an experiment awhile ago putting up a race for $9.99 saying it was a test to see if it had an effect on number of subscribers . You then reported that the number of subscribers was excellent . Apparently that was a waste of time . As someone who has experience in marketing I can tell you that charging $49.99 for a 76 lap race is the type of action that will run a business into the ground ........ Good Luck

1 minute ago, racermurray said:

I will definitely tell you your wrong . You ran an experiment awhile ago putting up a race for $9.99 saying it was a test to see if it had an effect on number of subscribers . You then reported that the number of subscribers was excellent . Apparently that was a waste of time . As someone who has experience in marketing I can tell you that charging $49.99 for a 76 lap race is the type of action that runs businesses into the ground ........ Good Luck

The number of subscribers for that show was excellent.  I don't recall mentioning anything about the profits from that show being excellent.

I'm not going to get into the math of it, i've done it about 10 times on here already, but selling a show for $9.99 is not profitable.  

And if I recall, that was the show at Utica Rome, where the Sportsman were the headline division, no fans were allowed in the stands and it was the very first race in upstate NY after all the covid stuff started.  Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.