I'm a fan of Grandview and I'll be at the 76er this weekend because it's always an awesome event... but Grandview isn't really know as a track that does things with anyone other than the owners of Grandview Speedway's best interests in mind. It was mentioned here multiple times that the track decides on the price for the event. This is just like the FloRacing deal a few weeks ago with the when Grandview (and TOTH Bob Miller) refused to allow the modifieds to be broadcast without more money for them from Flo, and just like then, if you guys have a problem with it, you need to take it up with the track, not the people broadcasting the event. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a bit confused. No one is complaining about a $40 admission price to watch a 76 lap race, but are complaining about a $49.99 price to watch from the comfort of home or at a gathering of fellow ra

Okay...wait a minute!  I have been a real race fan since 1963.  I have worked in the press department at Flemington, I have published driver monthly newsletters, I have written for Gater and. AARN, I

You are a slut if you give it away and people will talk bad about you.  You are a whore if you charge for it and people will talk bad about you.  But,  they all come back for it if they like

28 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

The number of subscribers for that show was excellent.  I don't recall mentioning anything about the profits from that show being excellent.

I'm not going to get into the math of it, i've done it about 10 times on here already, but selling a show for $9.99 is not profitable.  

how is selling more not profitable? you can't tell me this is even accurate. think of all the ones that don't sign up vs all that do when you give a decent price or monthly subscription. if you're not making a profit then you're 100% doing something wrong. i'm not saying it's easy and trying to offend you but there is no way in hell it's even possible. look at how many people say that they would get it 

11 minutes ago, KB19 said:

I'm a fan of Grandview and I'll be at the 76er this weekend because it's always an awesome event... but Grandview isn't really know as a track that does things with anyone other than the owners of Grandview Speedway's best interests in mind. It was mentioned here multiple times that the track decides on the price for the event. This is just like the FloRacing deal a few weeks ago with the when Grandview (and TOTH Bob Miller) refused to allow the modifieds to be broadcast without more money for them from Flo, and just like then, if you guys have a problem with it, you need to take it up with the track, not the people broadcasting the event. 

I have every intention of contacting the track . I have already tried but it was after business hours . Charging a PPV price of $49.99 to watch a 76 lap race makes no sense . I will update tomorrow after I make contact with the track.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

The number of subscribers for that show was excellent.  I don't recall mentioning anything about the profits from that show being excellent.

I'm not going to get into the math of it, i've done it about 10 times on here already, but selling a show for $9.99 is not profitable.  

how is selling more not profitable? you can't tell me this is even accurate. think of all the ones that don't sign up vs all that do when you give a decent price or monthly subscription. if you're not making a profit then you're 100% doing something wrong. i'm not saying it's easy or trying to offend you but there is no way in hell it's even possible. look at how many people say that they would get it with a better deal

• Like 1

If I am reading it right? I can watch the entire DTDtv library for 19.99?

My thoughts are this is a route I (anyone)should be taking.  👍

Go to the races at Land of Legends , Fonda ,or whatever Saturday.  Watch replay of 76er on Sunday

The only reason I have not subscribed already is I only have so much income and I like my live racing +road trips.  I do have Flo and LoL replay subscripts so far.  Between those plus attending shows , this works for me right now

If I am at a race track I am not going to watch any PPV live

Thinking someday I probably will end up getting DTDtv replay option first.  Then someday maybe even Dirtvision

• Like 1
1 hour ago, macdaddywendell said:

how is selling more not profitable? you can't tell me this is even accurate. think of all the ones that don't sign up vs all that do when you give a decent price or monthly subscription. if you're not making a profit then you're 100% doing something wrong. i'm not saying it's easy or trying to offend you but there is no way in hell it's even possible. look at how many people say that they would get it with a better deal

you're really gonna sit here and tell the guy that has been heavily involved in the finances of DTD Tv since its inception what his numbers are without actually seeing them yourself lol

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Firestorm said:

you're really gonna sit here and tell the guy that has been heavily involved in the finances of DTD Tv since its inception what his numbers are without actually seeing them yourself lol

Everyone seems to know our business better than we do.  lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Firestorm said:

are you going to honestly sit there and tell me that you too can't figure out simple logic? more paying customers equals more money......no one needs to see the finances to anything let alone dtd's income to know better. i'm not saying they aren't making a profit on the sales or they wouldn't be doing it. but overall more sales would be better, bring in more customers, equals more money. easiest way to do so is give a better price to attract more customers

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, macdaddywendell said:

are you going to honestly sit there and tell me that you too can't figure out simple logic? more paying customers equals more money......no one needs to see the finances to anything let alone dtd's income to know better.

Really, more paying customers equals more money?  

Let's do the math... 

100 subscriptions at $9.99 = $999.00 in Gross Revenue

40 subscriptions at $24.99 = $999.60 in Gross Revenue

Sure when the price is equal, more customers equals more money, but the math tells me that if I charge $9.99 for a show I need to sell 60% more subscriptions than if I sold that same show for $24.99 just to break even on the revenue side.  But yeah, you know my business better than I do... 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Let's do the math... 

Sure when the price is equal, more customers equals more money, but the math tells me that if I charge $9.99 for a show I need to sell 60% more subscriptions than if I sold that same show for $24.99 just to break even on the revenue side.  But yeah, you know my business better than I do... 

you clearly can't read what i said. offer a subscription with a good deal and you'll get more customers. you're not going to just get 40 people with a nice rate, so yes long term you will in fact get more money. i was a manager for a big retail business. we increased the prices for pretty much everything we sold guess what, we didn't make more money, we lost customers. therefore, we lost money in the long run........so you're right, i don't know your business but i do know common sense 

Sometimes you can’t please everyone. Be thankful that these guys are even doing stuff like this. You can pay to watch it in your lazyboy or go to the track. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it. Man give these guys a brake. Some people anyways have to be _____!

• Like 3
7 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

It's $40 to watch it in person.  Why should it be any cheaper to watch it online (and "Because Flo Racing is $150 for the year" is not a valid answer)?

Then I'm guessing that "that's 3 months of  FLO and enough left over for a big mac and fries" isn't really fair either. I get it, I really do, but you (and the track) gotta believe you/they would get more takers for a lesser price.

I'm sure this would be an administrative nightmare but if a track felt they should get $45-$50 for a show, then maybe they should black out coverage within 2 hours of the track (and charge less) to get people close to the track off the couch.

you clearly can't read what i said. offer a subscription with a good deal and you'll get more customers. you're not going to just get 40 people with a nice rate, so yes long term you will in fact get more money. i was a manager for a big retail business. we increased the prices for pretty much everything we sold guess what, we didn't make more money, we lost customers. therefore, we lost money in the long run........so you're right, i don't know your business but i do know common sense 

Lmfao!!!  macdaddywendell's Business Consulting Services.  Too funny!!!

2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

Let's do the math... 

Yes, lets do the math.  If you sell 60% more subscriptions you will end up with 64 total subscriptions. However, if you sell 250% more, you will end up with 100 total subscriptions.  Lol.

• Like 1

people can laugh all they want because it is totally relatable. i gave factual information from experience related to how it does and doesn't work from a financial standpoint. the only reason why the store i worked for didn't fail is because it's a multi billion dollar company that can afford to take those risks. let's face it dtd tv isn't even close to that, this is an instance where listening to your customers goes a long ways. instead you laugh when your potential customers complain about the price. i've been here since the beginning of this site and visit almost daily during the racing season and periodically in the off season and will continue to do so. i just chose not overpay for something when i can get the same product a lot cheaper.

• Haha 1

I think the discussion is about Price vs. Cost and then also about Price Elasticity. I sort of remember this from my Economics class. Basically both parties make valid points. Demand will change as price decreases or increases.

One proposed strategy (MacDaddyWendall) is to experiment with price and then find the price point where the most revenue is brought in.

The second and current strategy (FondaFan) is to cover the race with a known fixed cost and let the track set the price.

It seems like DTD.TV's mission is to be solvent without causing any damage to the track owner.

Kudos to DTD.TV. Many times in business one party looks to gain at another party's expense. In this case they are staying true to the mission of keeping dirt racing viable for all.

• Like 2

people can laugh all they want because it is totally relatable. i gave factual information from experience related to how it does and doesn't work from a financial standpoint. the only reason why the store i worked for didn't fail is because it's a multi billion dollar company that can afford to take those risks. let's face it dtd tv isn't even close to that, this is an instance where listening to your customers goes a long ways. instead you laugh when your potential customers complain about the price. i've been here since the beginning of this site and visit almost daily during the racing season and periodically in the off season and will continue to do so. i just chose not overpay for something when i can get the same product a lot cheaper.

Maybe it is your insistence in changing the business model to what you feel is the right way.   They have been doing this for a couple of years now, so there must be enough customers that are ok with the model as it currently is.  If you don't like it, you don't like it, but please stop trying to convince people to change what they are doing to suit what you think is right!

12 hours ago, macdaddywendell said:

Let me guess if there wasn't an option to watch on TV (like it used to be) you would be the first to complain that no one is streaming it??

If you don't like the price of the streaming its quite easy to figure out the solution. Don't watch.

I am baffled at how this is a topic of discussion right now. 

I don't agree with most of those at DTD but I do appreciate what they have been able to provide for those of us who don't get to travel to races as often as we would like. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Towman said:

SO, by YOUR comment you would rather sit on a couch and watch TV instead of going to a RACE !!!!!!  You my friend are Not a true RACEFAN !!!!

Lol... if I didn't live 6hrs away from Grandview I'd be there.  

• Like 1