The real Fonda vs Land of Legends question ?

I believe that Brett does well enough at these shows as is that he cares more about the product being good for the fans in terms of action on a night surface as opposed to running on a Sunday afternoon and risk it being a train race. I re-watched the race and thought it was really entertaining, much more entertaining than the old Fonda 200s that were run on daytime surfaces. Hopefully the powers than be can ultimately work together in terms of scheduling and somehow find a way to not have to run on top of each other. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My guess is that people who follow dirtcar will say that Fonda was a bunch of field fillers and those who follow the STSS will say Canadaigua was a bunch of field fillers. My opinion is that both seri

Some may have not realized there where some crate guys running mods, there where a cple crates that tried to make the show, they didnt make it. Not as  field fillers, if they wanted to try they where

I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't get super worked up about conflicting races, especially given the limited amount of dates. But I do feel the sport would be better off if Fonda, Oswego,

17 minutes ago, KB19 said:

I believe that Brett does well enough at these shows as is that he cares more about the product being good for the fans in terms of action on a night surface as opposed to running on a Sunday afternoon and risk it being a train race. I re-watched the race and thought it was really entertaining, much more entertaining than the old Fonda 200s that were run on daytime surfaces. Hopefully the powers than be can ultimately work together in terms of scheduling and somehow find a way to not have to run on top of each other. 

Do you remember the year that Doug Hoffman won the 200 and couldn't lap Butch Title for pretty much the whole race? That was tough to watch.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, KB19 said:

Agree . The track appeared to be in great shape to me .  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KB19 said:

That’s what I don’t understand!!! It seems like Brett would work or have some meetings with DIRT. But DIRT has a big hard on for Brett.  Did Brett do something to DIRT. Did he work for them steal a girlfriend piss on someone when drunk.   We like and support both series as much as we can  but it’s getting hard on what way to go.  Both series keep a lot of teams away because people just can’t get along. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, WMR Racing said:

That’s what I don’t understand!!! It seems like Brett would work or have some meetings with DIRT. But DIRT has a big hard on for Brett.  Did Brett do something to DIRT. Did he work for them steal a girlfriend piss on someone when drunk.   We like and support both series as much as we can  but it’s getting hard on what way to go.  Both series keep a lot of teams away because people just can’t get along. 

The STSS started as the working mans series. When he started paying some money the travelers became interested. DIRTcar ignored him. Brett said in AARN he had a working relationship with Mike Perotte. Then stated he has none with the current structure. Notice also that ESS doesn’t  run at STSS tracks. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

He lost his guaranteed starter status,point fund & T shirt sales in the grandstand so I’d say he lost. 

Mandee (and I think Mike as well) said they sold a TON of shirts at Fonda.  

How much does 5th or 6th pay for SDS in points?  Which is about all he likely had a chance at anyway.   He wasn't catching the top two for sure.  

9 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

Mandee (and I think Mike as well) said they sold a TON of shirts at Fonda.  

How much does 5th or 6th pay for SDS in points?  Which is about all he likely had a chance at anyway.   He wasn't catching the top two for sure.  

He can’t sell on the grandstand side at SDW. That’s a big chunk of change. He was 4th in points….fact check. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

He can’t sell on the grandstand side at SDW. That’s a big chunk of change. He was 4th in points….fact check. 

IRC there were several guys a couple points behind him.  He took a chance at 53K or 20K and end up with 10K.   Maybe he thought he could do better against the field at Fonda which was a bit weaker and paying a bunch more.    Lucky he had a new car as backup wouldn't start for Van Pelt.  Could have lost everything. 

What does SDS pay for 4th in the points?  

11 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

IRC there were several guys a couple points behind him.  He took a chance at 53K or 20K and end up with 10K.   Maybe he thought he could do better against the field at Fonda which was a bit weaker and paying a bunch more.    Lucky he had a new car as backup wouldn't start for Van Pelt.  Could have lost everything. 

What does SDS pay for 4th in the points?  

He is going to UR instead of Brewerton so points not issue 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

He lost his guaranteed starter status,point fund & T shirt sales in the grandstand so I’d say he lost. 

Of course the 10g that he was paid for 3rd does nothing to offset the losses you mentioned. What does the SDS point fund pay down the line? I’d say your logic is kind of half assed.

54 minutes ago, Black Flag said:

Of course the 10g that he was paid for 3rd does nothing to offset the losses you mentioned. What does the SDS point fund pay down the line? I’d say your logic is kind of half assed.

He is also going to end up higher in the points on the STSS North side. Avg per race winnings on SDS-$1233, avg per race winnings on STSS/North- $2369.

BTW- Marcus Dinken's avg winnings per race for the 14 SDS shows is $293. I don't know how he does it.

Isn't that nice what they have done to the ESS? They were a well run and anticipated show all over just a few short years ago. Now, they are not allowed to race at the two premier tracks for the series. Instead they race the same few tracks a bunch of times. I don't even have a clue who the points leader is. I had to make it a point to go to a couple races during the 4th of July week just to see them, and then the field was smaller than the usual holiday week. It is a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. The racers lose out, and the fans lose out, all because another promoter had the ambition and knowledge to get another modified series going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
17 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

When one series holds their "platinum series" drivers hostage with a "contract" that's what ruins competition at big dollar races in my opinion.  The other series... you're free to come and go as you please as long as you have the right requirements to run the race.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, WMR Racing said:

I may be wrong and I know someone will correct me if I am but I don't remember Brett scheduling on top of any big dirtcar races in the last few years, but every time Brett schedules a big race they schedule right on top of it. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ranger22 said:

I may be wrong and I know someone will correct me if I am but I don't remember Brett scheduling on top of any big dirtcar races in the last few years, but every time Brett schedules a big race they schedule right on top of it. 

But we’re all told how the promoters pick the dates not the series. Is that what happened with this years  Brewerton SDS rain date? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ranger22 said:

30 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

But we’re all told how the promoters pick the dates not the series. Is that what happened with Themis years  Brewerton SDS rain date? 

The SDS hasn’t hurt Deyo, The Fonda 200 was packed with fans. In my opinion they only hurt their own contracted drivers. For example I’m sure Matt Sheppard would have had a legitimate shot at winning 63 grand if he raced at the Fonda 200 and The UR Outlaw 50. I’m sure him and a few other SDS guys would like to have given it a shot. JMO

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

But we’re all told how the promoters pick the dates not the series. Is that what happened with Themis years  Brewerton SDS rain date? 

They keep saying that but why wouldn't a promoter in this day and age want every top name available to race in their biggest races? I think you will see a different structure next year and if not the contracted drivers may look a lot different. Jmo

• Like 1

The promotor from Canandaigua literally came on here and cleared up that he was the one that chose the date for the SDS show before... I'm not really sure how anyone is arguing that the tracks don't pick the dates.

Brewerton, though, that's a different animal because I'm pretty sure WRG leases the track for that SDS show. 

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Black Flag said:

The SDS hasn’t hurt Deyo, The Fonda 200 was packed with fans. In my opinion they only hurt their own contracted drivers. For example I’m sure Matt Sheppard would have had a legitimate shot at winning 63 grand if he raced at the Fonda 200 and The UR Outlaw 50. I’m sure him and a few other SDS guys would like to have given it a shot. JMO

I bet that Fonda was packed and LOL was packed and car counts were good. But when you have a DIRT 358 and a big small block sitting on the floor of your shop with 1  car it sucks switching motors out. We want to run URs last race (home track 3 minutes from the shop)  we would have to pull and put in the DIRT 358 in a day to make it up to DIRT week.  This is way I’m saying Brett and DIRT are just hurting themselves teams have to choose what way they want to go and sucks balls to have to do that. 

1 hour ago, WMR Racing said:

I bet that Fonda was packed and LOL was packed and car counts were good. But when you have a DIRT 358 and a big small block sitting on the floor of your shop with 1  car it sucks switching motors out. We want to run URs last race (home track 3 minutes from the shop)  we would have to pull and put in the DIRT 358 in a day to make it up to DIRT week.  This is way I’m saying Brett and DIRT are just hurting themselves teams have to choose what way they want to go and sucks balls to have to do that. 

How did Brett hurt anything with UR’s last race? SDS chose to reschedule the rain date at Brewerton for that night. 

31 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

How did Brett hurt anything with UR’s last race? SDS chose to reschedule the rain date at Brewerton for that night. 

Brewerton was not even on the original SDS schedule.  It magically appeared in August .

probably because Canada did not open up ?

2 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

I’m not saying it’s Brett I’m not saying it’s DIRT. I’m saying it sucks that the 2 just can’t get along. It would just help all of racing in general 

• Like 4