• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the 200's.   Some of my favorite events are the extra distance But it is crap the way they allow cars just to stop on track  ,and then go in and get three laps to change a tire, or work on

I believe the border for full size car dirt racing in PA is the Susquehanna River. Mods to the East and Sprints to the West. Technically Penn-Can should be running Sprint Cars (as the river flows

When I lived in Central PA, they are totally different worlds.  Harrisburg and south and west is Sprint car country. BAPS (Suskie) draws decent Modified fields because it is close-ish for the tea

Sports B-Mains and the beginning of the Feature showed that to many of these drivers play iRacing.com. They don't let off the pedal for anything. One driver pushed a car all the way down the straightaway. Finally stopped when he realized he wasn't going to spin the car in front of him. Stopped right in front of the flagger's stand. Guys just out right spinning or slamming other cars. Brightbill took a hell of a hit, and there was no rut to cause it.

Took forever but they finally got settled in and now there is some great racing.

I wish they would stop giving these guys extra laps for them to make adjustments to their suspension during the cautions.  Once reasonable time is given to the guy that draws the caution then that should be it.

They should only have time for that during the 100 lap break.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, racefan11 said:

I wish they would stop giving these guys extra laps for them to make adjustments to their suspension during the cautions.  Once reasonable time is given to the guy that draws the caution then that should be it.

They should only have time for that during the 100 lap break.

I agree.  I made that comment last year.  It is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Don't care for the winner. The cautions were silly with the extra laps to allow pit work. We're either doing honest live stops or we're not... Or, at least stop this foolish 3 lap garbage. Multiple times they could've gone white but went at least 2 more laps. 

That said, the racing behind the leader was quite good, as was expected.

• Like 3

Sheppard pits, tells the crew I will be back in in 30 laps, slows on the race track to bring out  his 30 lap later caution, changes 2 tires and and a shock and comes all the way thru the field in the last quarter of the race to finish second. Is this really the way this is supposed to work? I'm not saying it wasn't fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

It's a damn shame SDW isn't run on a track like this.

Why? Super DIRT Week now is just a name slapped on a race at a place that had nothing to do with the history of that event. That seems really weird to me why anyone would willingly go watch a debacle because of the name of the race as opposed to going to watch a race with a different name at a great track.

• Like 2

Wow. Who are these 2 drivers with 1st and 2nd? It's always good to see surprise winners in victory lane. ZzzzzZzzzzZ.

As far as people comparing Oswego and Port Royal, it's apples and oranges. You have a track where the surface has been settled for years upon years. The only reason WRG goes through all the BS at Oswego is because they basically run the race expense free (NYS taxpayers fund SDW) and every ticket sold is money in WRG's pocket. Otherwise, they wouldn't be wasting their time.

• Like 1

Just a thought Deyo, WRG and others, why not take a page out of the Lucas Late Models and run 100 green flag laps? Portsmouth Ohio was packed last night, it didn’t matter if it was billed as a 200 lap race with 100 laps under caution...Oswego. Am I on an island by myself here with this? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Rangers94 said:

Just a thought Deyo, WRG and others, why not take a page out of the Lucas Late Models and run 100 green flag laps? Portsmouth Ohio was packed last night, it didn’t matter if it was billed as a 200 lap race with 100 laps under caution...Oswego. Am I on an island by myself here with this? 

You are not on an island although you’re probably in the minority. I too think 200 lap races should be a thing of the past. The race took over 2.5 hours to complete. That’s just too long especially the way they ran it last night with the long yellow flag periods.