Jump to content




Recommended Posts

As has been said before here, it can't just be "welp, it rained alot, this event is going to be a joke this year". I'm sure they're looking into solutions and I hope they find one, because we're stuck w/ Oswego for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure talks are already in the works on things to change for next year.....its a year away only time will tell. Its been at Oswego for 5 years now and 3 out of 5 have been good.....

The mile isn't coming back....its time to move on and hope for a track like previous years.....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, con7 said:

As has been said before here, it can't just be "welp, it rained alot, this event is going to be a joke this year". I'm sure they're looking into solutions and I hope they find one, because we're stuck w/ Oswego for a while. 

I think if NY  politicians get these in car  videos they may try to regulate safety aspect of racing If so blame DIRT greed .....NJ does regulate racing and after Oswego I can see need at some point someone has to step in to protect drivers ....Miracle no one wasn't maimed or killed It was said drivers pleaded at  pre race meeting for race to be show up points only so they could pull in.... DIRT already had the money  from tickets and pit passes  and they  said NO ....All on video from person at meeting ...Not good if true ..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ValleyBabe69 said:

Brian Carter announced SDW would be at Oswego for another 5 years after the parade on Wednesday.

Where did Brian announce that as nothing about five more years was said at the 50th race announcement at city hall after the parade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JAR1972 said:

Where did Brian announce that as nothing about five more years was said at the 50th race announcement at city hall after the parade?

he said it during the announcement..... we were watching it at the camper while at Oswego.

 

“Right now,” said Carter, “we’re in year two of a seven-year agreement with New York State for funding to help keep Super DIRT Week in Central New York after the Fairgrounds Mile was lost in 2016.

 

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2021/10/super-dirt-200-to-return-to-oswego-for-50th-anniversary-in-2022.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Super DIRT Week will stay in Oswego for years to come as Carter said, “We have grants in place that will allow for five more years of Super DIRT Week in Oswego. Oswego is an amazing place to hold this important event.”

 

https://www.dirttrackdigest.com/SDWLIVE2/super-dirt-week-to-remain-in-oswego-50th-set-for-2022-dtd-exclusive/

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they run their organization with no regard to racers or fans & only their own greed leads me to believe that they wont be around to fulfill that 5 year deal........but Deyo sure will & in the next 5 years his organization will be the one to reign on top

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, racer80 said:

The way they run their organization with no regard to racers or fans & only their own greed leads me to believe that they wont be around to fulfill that 5 year deal........but Deyo sure will & in the next 5 years his organization will be the one to reign on top

Now that’s a hell of a dream, but hey, everyone is allowed to have one lol.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

I think like most things competition is good.  Having two legit racing promotions competing against each other is a good thing.  

I agree. Watching the racing from Port Royal tonite and its a stacked field with smooth and fast track.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottnorwood said:

I agree. Watching the racing from Port Royal tonite and its a stacked field with smooth and fast track.

It was great racing tonight at Port Royal. Track was in great shape and a stacked field.  I’m looking forward to the 200 lap big payday on Saturday.  Deyo is building a helluva product that Dirt should be taking notice of.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it me or was Heat 1 kind of a stacked deck tonight? There had to be at least 7 cars that could win just in that heat. And the two biggest didnt even qualify.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Was it me or was Heat 1 kind of a stacked deck tonight? There had to be at least 7 cars that could win just in that heat. And the two biggest didnt even qualify.

Heat one was stacked, but you could make the case that all five heats were like mini features.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Carter and WRG counting their NYS taxpayer money/grants in North Carolina while NYS residents get bent over with taxes:

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, ValleyBabe69 said:

he said it during the announcement..... we were watching it at the camper while at Oswego.

 

“Right now,” said Carter, “we’re in year two of a seven-year agreement with New York State for funding to help keep Super DIRT Week in Central New York after the Fairgrounds Mile was lost in 2016.

 

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2021/10/super-dirt-200-to-return-to-oswego-for-50th-anniversary-in-2022.html

 

10 hours ago, ValleyBabe69 said:

Super DIRT Week will stay in Oswego for years to come as Carter said, “We have grants in place that will allow for five more years of Super DIRT Week in Oswego. Oswego is an amazing place to hold this important event.”

 

https://www.dirttrackdigest.com/SDWLIVE2/super-dirt-week-to-remain-in-oswego-50th-set-for-2022-dtd-exclusive/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all Trumps fault….the track….the payout all of it….definitely his fault… (per John Williams, down the back stretch & jack brady)…..ps be careful lumping brady in with those….he’s not sure of anything. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rpm72x said:

It’s all Trumps fault….the track….the payout all of it….definitely his fault… (per John Williams, down the back stretch & jack brady)…..ps be careful lumping brady in with those….he’s not sure of anything. 

Actually I blamed Cuomo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.













×
×
  • Create New...