7 minutes ago, leroy said:

Just starting second heat.  Rain delay after first heat 

If there was a little more cooperation from race teams?.  We could of been racing an hour ago . Or even earlier 

Thanks might order the ppv now that I got time

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is fine👍   Everyone is free to make their own decisions.  We are all lucky to have many race tracks still operating. Different choices for fans and racers.   If you do not like one track, go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPy5Ikn7dw

Shit payouts and then asking drivers to waste their own fuel ($$$$) to do the tracks job? No thanks, drivers packing tracks is for the birds. Its the tracks responsibility to provide a surface. Get mo

I went back in to look at the track at 5:15 after the rain stopped. They only had 2 pieces of equipment on the track and there was visible water laying on the track.  I figured it would be at least 6:45 before they started the next heat so I headed back home.  AT least I saw 2 heat races. I just dont have the patience to sit around for 6 hours before I see the rest of the show. The damn weather report was fine until Saturday morning.  What time did they drop the green for the next heat? Just curious to see if I was close in my estimation.

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I went back in to look at the track at 5:15 after the rain stopped. They only had 2 pieces of equipment on the track and there was visible water laying on the track.  I figured it would be at least 6:45 before they started the next heat so I headed back home.  AT least I saw 2 heat races. I just dont have the patience to sit around for 6 hours before I see the rest of the show. The damn weather report was fine until Saturday morning.  What time did they drop the green for the next heat? Just curious to see if I was close in my estimation.

I showed up about the time they were doing national anthem. Watched I believe just the one street stock heat. It started to rain during the second?   

I think they went green again 7 ish.   For at least an hour there were 6 to 12 cars out there trying to help pack the track.  I could here the PA over in pits begging  more race race teams to help out. And bringing up the curfew.  Seemed like many teams could not give two shits.   Eventually though, after what seemed like two hours of pleading  ,the whole track filled up with cars helping out.  The way the heats and consis were all run off, the modifieds were last in that order.  So I had in the back of my mind they would be last feature.  However after consis for every single division. The mod feature I think raced second.   They checkered the mod feature at 30 laps instead of the 50 advertised. That SUCKED!  It was about 11pm.  And I went home. They still had a bunch of features left to run. Including the 100 lap street stock, which was the main reason I attended

oh well.

It got interesting in the heats between Cartwright and Steve Paine. I missed what provoked it. But  Steve ended up going after Ron the wrong way on the track. Doing the use your car as a weapon thing. Ramming his car. Backing up. Then ramming it again.  Then you had lots of fans in the stands shouting at Cartwright and giving him the bird. 🤣   Thinking Steve was parked for the night? not sure. But he was a no show in the consis

Billy Paine qualified in the mods through consis, and had charged up to fifth. A shame it did not go 50 laps.  Brady Fultz was charging from the back as well

• Like 1

I'm hoping they move of the start time for this Saturdays (10/30) program. If not I plan on going to Mahoning Valley since they start at 2pm. Both Outlaw & Mahoning are about the same distance for me (3.5 hrs roughly give or take) but a 2pm start time sounds a lot better than 6:30pm in late October. I'd rather see a dirt race since this may be my last race of the season but I haven't been to MV in over 10 yrs so either will do I guess. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leroy said:

I showed up about the time they were doing national anthem. Watched I believe just the one street stock heat. It started to rain during the second?   

I think they went green again 7 ish.   For at least an hour there were 6 to 12 cars out there trying to help pack the track.  I could here the PA over in pits begging  more race race teams to help out. And bringing up the curfew.  Seemed like many teams could not give two shits.   Eventually though, after what seemed like two hours of pleading  ,the whole track filled up with cars helping out.  The way the heats and consis were all run off, the modifieds were last in that order.  So I had in the back of my mind they would be last feature.  However after consis for every single division. The mod feature I think raced second.   They checkered the mod feature at 30 laps instead of the 50 advertised. That SUCKED!  It was about 11pm.  And I went home. They still had a bunch of features left to run. Including the 100 lap street stock, which was the main reason I attended

oh well.

It got interesting in the heats between Cartwright and Steve Paine. I missed what provoked it. But  Steve ended up going after Ron the wrong way on the track. Doing the use your car as a weapon thing. Ramming his car. Backing up. Then ramming it again.  Then you had lots of fans in the stands shouting at Cartwright and giving him the bird. 🤣   Thinking Steve was parked for the night? not sure. But he was a no show in the consis

Billy Paine qualified in the mods through consis, and had charged up to fifth. A shame it did not go 50 laps.  Brady Fultz was charging from the back as well

Thanks for the update. Im glad I left.  I will be busy next weekend so I cant even think about trying them again.  

11 hours ago, leroy said:

I don't think anyone could say there is bad blood between the two drivers, but they definitely don't exchange Christmas cards. I wasn't there, but I can definitely shed some light on the subject because I have been there for the front half of the season every week, plus the last 2 or 3 full seasons prior. There is a history of contact between them, usually initiated by a bad slider and a retaliation move that follows. There have also been deliberate hip checks in turn 1. A lot of this is well documented on tape.

You can pretty much draw your own conclusions, dot the I's and cross the T's from here.

21 hours ago, leroy said:

oh well.

Believe they cut all the feature laps on every division? I left after Mod feature as well. I will agree that Fultz was coming, but doubtful he had anything for Siri. 

Paine should never be allowed back there again. Using his car as a weapon against the 2B was so unprofessional and stupid. Didn't he have another issue similar to this and did not return for years ? Did meet a friendly gentleman who parked next to me and shot the sh*t with him during the delay. He did leave before they started, wondering if this is the same person as "Down the Backstretch" ? 

27 minutes ago, jodyr said:

Believe they cut all the feature laps on every division? I left after Mod feature as well. I will agree that Fultz was coming, but doubtful he had anything for Siri. 

Paine should never be allowed back there again. Using his car as a weapon against the 2B was so unprofessional and stupid. Didn't he have another issue similar to this and did not return for years ? Did meet a friendly gentleman who parked next to me and shot the sh*t with him during the delay. He did leave before they started, wondering if this is the same person as "Down the Backstretch" ? 

I can tell you what happened I was there. After being there all day and running there heats at 9ish it was a bit absurd they didn't cancel that track was no where near ready and shouldn't have ran. But Tyler and his ego wouldn't allow that. Ron did infact run over Steve at the drop of the green in the heat race before they even hit the straight away coming out of 4 and there is the issue. Yes they have had there moments but lately has been quiet. There's no reason for that from the last row in a heat not even making the front stretch. Cartwright is a rough driver everywhere and anyone will tell you that . Ask anyone and I'm sure they can tell you about there issues with him as well. He drives like he's the only one out there and tears up alot of people equipment every week. Maybe the crowd cheering the way they did is saying there tired of seeing it as well..But yet again that race should have never been run the track was far to wet  and got narrow due to the bottom being to wet Tyler needs to learn to chalk it up and cancel for another day alot of people are tired of the conditions bc that's the way the promoter / driver wants it and that's another issue in its self 

23 hours ago, leroy said:

oh well.

Shit payouts and then asking drivers to waste their own fuel ($$$$) to do the tracks job? No thanks, drivers packing tracks is for the birds. Its the tracks responsibility to provide a surface. Get more equiptment to get the job done. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jodyr said:

Did you say friendly? Nope... Couldnt have been me. Lol.  Actually the parking lot was dead compared to most years I have been there. Usually get a chance to talk to a few people but not this year. Obviously weather didnt help but there were a lot of parking spots available.

29 minutes ago, Angmar said:

Shit payouts and then asking drivers to waste their own fuel ($$$$) to do the tracks job? No thanks, drivers packing tracks is for the birds. Its the tracks responsibility to provide a surface. Get more equiptment to get the job done. 

Sad when the equipment is all junk and the guys running it have no clue including Tyler himself. Never seen such a piss poor operation in my life but the water truck sure runs and so dose the tiller ! That's his main issue right there and whatever other chemical he puts on it. I'm sorry in the middle of summer 100 degrees out you shouldn't have a wide open race track with a 5 inch cushion not to mention the holes and rocks. But wait I forgot the promotor likes it fast bc he can't drive on a slick track shouldn't be racing there anyways 

2 hours ago, Angmar said:

Ever been to Volusia? or Charlotte.  The big block modified division is used in place of pack trucks each time I have been.

Big Diamond uses the race cars too.  Every single car in every division runs the track in each week. At least whenever I go they do.  It is soup in the afternoon with a pond in the infield,  But then every single car goes out there and runs it in. While I think that asking each car to do it every week might be a little much. The surface at Big D does end up being excellent!

I do not think it was too much to ask race teams to help out Saturday. Considering the weather the track had to deal with .  

In hindsight it probably would of been ideal to leave the track alone after Friday night.   But then if it did not rain?  

as for the shit payouts?  shitty as compared to what/where?

12 minutes ago, leroy said:

Ever been to Volusia? or Charlotte.  The big block modified division is used in place of pack trucks each time I have been.

Big Diamond uses the race cars too.  Every single car in every division runs the track in each week. At least whenever I go they do.  It is soup in the afternoon with a pond in the infield,  But then every single car goes out there and runs it in. While I think that asking each car to do it every week might be a little much. The surface at Big D does end up being excellent!

I do not think it was too much to ask race teams to help out Saturday. Considering the weather the track had to deal with .  

In hindsight it probably would of been ideal to leave the track alone after Friday night.   But then if it did not rain?  

as for the shit payouts?  shitty as compared to what/where?

Sorry, big fat disagreement.

Lebanon and Malta have their own equipment to groom the track. Hell Grandview has a whole infield of various stuff to work the track in.

Why should the teams waste their own fuel and put extra wear and tear on their equipment for something that is the track's responsibility? 

I think if you looked at it from a competitor's standpoint you'd change your opinion.

If memory serves me and I know there is a couple on here that know if I'm wrong, but back in the day when Jim Williams owned Woodhull either you went out and did it or you didn't get hotlaps. And it wasn't go around a lap or 2 and go in.  And he may have threw in there if you don't the night is done to. 

8 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

Sorry, big fat disagreement.

Lebanon and Malta have their own equipment to groom the track. Hell Grandview has a whole infield of various stuff to work the track in.

Why should the teams waste their own fuel and put extra wear and tear on their equipment for something that is the track's responsibility? 

I think if you looked at it from a competitor's standpoint you'd change your opinion.

I am not saying it is right.   But if you have been the places I listed?  You must of seen the exact same thing I did

Matter of fact, I did wonder why the modified division was used in place of pack trucks at Volusia and Charlotte. I brought it up on here in the past. 

I can also remember being to events/tracks that do not  normally use race cars to pack. However when the weather got bad,  the race teams did actually pitch in to help get it in.

In previous races this year I did see pack trucks with huge tires at Outlaw. I can remember two packer vehicles for sure, in addition to the water truck.  I have no idea where they were this past Saturday though.   It was odd to not see them out there

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dan dan said:

If memory serves me and I know there is a couple on here that know if I'm wrong, but back in the day when Jim Williams owned Woodhull either you went out and did it or you didn't get hotlaps. And it wasn't go around a lap or 2 and go in.  And he may have threw in there if you don't the night is done to. 

That is the way Big Diamond does it . The few times a year I go anyway.  Literally every car in every division out there.   They all barely fit on the track. 

14 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I don't think anyone could say there is bad blood between the two drivers, but they definitely don't exchange Christmas cards. I wasn't there, but I can definitely shed some light on the subject because I have been there for the front half of the season every week, plus the last 2 or 3 full seasons prior. There is a history of contact between them, usually initiated by a bad slider and a retaliation move that follows. There have also been deliberate hip checks in turn 1. A lot of this is well documented on tape.

You can pretty much draw your own conclusions, dot the I's and cross the T's from here.

It's also not just a 2B vs 7x issue either. It's a 2B versus 7x's kid issue as well. No love loss whatsoever in 2021, much less years past.

I understand tossing the 7x, but thought that action was a little aggressive. 2B went on to not only continue in that heat, he qualified into the show. If he couldn't continue, fine. Your track champion and two-time winner of that event should not be loaded in the trailer for that big an event. Give your fans a show they came to see.

16 minutes ago, leroy said:

That is the way Big Diamond does it . The few times a year I go anyway.  Literally every car in every division out there.   They all barely fit on the track. 

I don't mind running the track in when we get there but I'd rather just rain out than slop around in 3 inches of mud and come in weighing 2650. I get why the tracks do it and if they require everyone to come out I'll do it but Im not lining up because they said please 

10 minutes ago, WaterWagonFan said:

It's also not just a 2B vs 7x issue either. It's a 2B versus 7x's kid issue as well. No love loss whatsoever in 2021, much less years past.

I understand tossing the 7x, but thought that action was a little aggressive. 2B went on to not only continue in that heat, he qualified into the show. If he couldn't continue, fine. Your track champion and two-time winner of that event should not be loaded in the trailer for that big an event. Give your fans a show they came to see.

I agree but also heard nothing was formally mentioned about being tossed for the event just wasn't put into consi. So who made that call if nothing was said ?

1 minute ago, Turn4Dirtyy said:

I agree but also heard nothing was formally mentioned about being tossed for the event just wasn't put into consi. So who made that call if nothing was said ?

I would have to assume the wonderful promotor mad that call seeing the 2B parks so close to the 5* and it gives the 5* a better chance at a win... Imagine that .. Who won?

1 minute ago, Turn4Dirtyy said:

I would have to assume the wonderful promotor mad that call seeing the 2B parks so close to the 5* and it gives the 5* a better chance at a win... Imagine that .. Who won?

Suppose it could have been one of many different people, who knows. Probably nothing was handed to the announcers would be my guess? Those guys don't want to speculate or make an assumption.

10 minutes ago, WaterWagonFan said:

Suppose it could have been one of many different people, who knows. Probably nothing was handed to the announcers would be my guess? Those guys don't want to speculate or make an assumption.

Without a doubt but I agree 100% the 7x should have not been loaded on the trailer. I assume he was just tired of how rough Cartwright is. He has 0 respect for anyone's equipment and that's just my honest opinion.. Sure others will agree.

From the 70s to the 90s tracks use to have MUD LAPS. It helped run the track in properly and much faster then 2 or 3 mud vehicles. Plus the kids loved it. They would run to the fence waving at their favorite drivers.