1 hour ago, leroy said:

I am not saying it is right.   But if you have been the places I listed?  You must of seen the exact same thing I did

Matter of fact, I did wonder why the modified division was used in place of pack trucks at Volusia and Charlotte. I brought it up on here in the past. 

I cab also remember being to events/tracks that do not  normally use race cars to pack. However when the weather got bad,  the race teams did actually pitch in to help get it in.

In previous races this year I did see pack trucks with huge tires at Outlaw. I can remember two packer vehicles for sure, in addition to the water truck.  I have no idea where they were this past Saturday though.   It was odd to not see them out there

There equipment is in shambles. Have you seen the fence? The back stretch wall is only above the track by a foot or two maybe... There grader sits with a flat tire and the Packers hardly run.. and they have one tow truck of there own which can hardly Handel a 4 cylinder.. But Mr Siri makes sure it's nice and heavy knowing the chance of rain. The cars shouldn't be packing the track that late in the day or night knowing they probably won't get to race and will be there all night. I wouldn't. That's when a promotor should see what has to run vs the clock and realize it's not possible.. and admit he over watered knowing the forecast. The greed of outlaw is getting out of hand for those extra shows ... Drivers were paying 30 bucks car entry fee just to run... Don't see how that's acceptable for just a basic 5k show. He more than certainly could have paid the purse on the back gate without a doubt 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is fine👍   Everyone is free to make their own decisions.  We are all lucky to have many race tracks still operating. Different choices for fans and racers.   If you do not like one track, go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPy5Ikn7dw

Shit payouts and then asking drivers to waste their own fuel ($$$$) to do the tracks job? No thanks, drivers packing tracks is for the birds. Its the tracks responsibility to provide a surface. Get mo

34 minutes ago, Turn4Dirtyy said:

There equipment is in shambles. Have you seen the fence? The back stretch wall is only above the track by a foot or two maybe... There grader sits with a flat tire and the Packers hardly run.. and they have one tow truck of there own which can hardly Handel a 4 cylinder.. But Mr Siri makes sure it's nice and heavy knowing the chance of rain. The cars shouldn't be packing the track that late in the day or night knowing they probably won't get to race and will be there all night. I wouldn't. That's when a promotor should see what has to run vs the clock and realize it's not possible.. and admit he over watered knowing the forecast. The greed of outlaw is getting out of hand for those extra shows ... Drivers were paying 30 bucks car entry fee just to run... Don't see how that's acceptable for just a basic 5k show. He more than certainly could have paid the purse on the back gate without a doubt 

The track was severely over watered . I will agree with that for sure. Seems to me Tyler does like the track to be heavy most if not every week for whatever reason.

The forecast I saw before I left home did not look all that bad though .  so with what was supposed to be a day racing.....

I have not been in pits this year.  The fence and wall near turn four is absolutely in sad shape 

1 hour ago, WaterWagonFan said:

It's also not just a 2B vs 7x issue either. It's a 2B versus 7x's kid issue as well. No love loss whatsoever in 2021, much less years past.

I understand tossing the 7x, but thought that action was a little aggressive. 2B went on to not only continue in that heat, he qualified into the show. If he couldn't continue, fine. Your track champion and two-time winner of that event should not be loaded in the trailer for that big an event. Give your fans a show they came to see.

2Bs also a two time winner of that event.

37 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

I think the answer to all of these issues is really clear. Without Siri's partner, Jordan, the place is going downhill.

Place has been down hill .. only issue is himself racing at his own facility and making the racing how he wants it... Had anyone else noticed how he has cut the track lately ? It's got a lip like a bowl. He don't care about the fans or racers. Fans and racers don't want to be there till 1am curfew every Friday night and specials.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Turn4Dirtyy said:

Place has been down hill .. only issue is himself racing at his own facility and making the racing how he wants it... Had anyone else noticed how he has cut the track lately ? It's got a lip like a bowl. He don't care about the fans or racers. Fans and racers don't want to be there till 1am curfew every Friday night and specials.

That lip in turn one is what I notice . It is flat on bottom and then banked on top . Not at all gradual .  It’s like two separate tracks . Do not try the middle or your gone.

I have been there for some good nights this year. and some bad ones

Saturday sure was disappointing . That said . Nobody forces me to go to Outlaw Speedway 

1 hour ago, Turn4Dirtyy said:

Turn4Dirty, All I can say is WOW. Are you by chance a former crew member of the 5* car or are you a disgruntled track employee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, sprintdaddy said:

Turn4Dirty, All I can say is WOW. Are you by chance a former crew member of the 5* car or are you a disgruntled track employee.

Hahaha no way in hell would I work for 5* nice try. Been there enough to see the issues clearly no one else has

11 hours ago, dan dan said:

Having watched Cartwright over the years at various tracks, jmo but if he was out there by himself he would get pissed at somebody for something. 

This is hilarious! 

I don't know as I would go so far as saying Cartwright is a dirty driver, but I WOULD say he's not a finesse driver. Sometimes his most well thought out moves end up with someone being dragged off the track with a hook.

I look at it like this... you can look back over a bunch of years at Steve Paine's driving record and not find a complete handful of times where someone has gone to his pit stall to express displeasure over something that happened on the track. I remember a night at Canandaigua where it did, but that's the only time I can remember.

14 hours ago, inthecuse said:

I think the answer to all of these issues is really clear. Without Siri's partner, Jordan, the place is going downhill.

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

2 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Nothing to elaborate on Mr. Miller. It was a joke-sarcasm saying that she was the brains of the operation.

On a more serious or not joking-sarcastic note, I'll say that Mr. Siri has an amazing facility and I definitely would like to go back! I wish him the best of luck and thank him for all that he does for local racing.

3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

This is hilarious! 

I don't know as I would go so far as saying Cartwright is a dirty driver, but I WOULD say he's not a finesse driver. Sometimes his most well thought out moves end up with someone being dragged off the track with a hook.

I look at it like this... you can look back over a bunch of years at Steve Paine's driving record and not find a complete handful of times where someone has gone to his pit stall to express displeasure over something that happened on the track. I remember a night at Canandaigua where it did, but that's the only time I can remember.

I didn't mean to come across as straight out dirty, more so as he needs a slightly longer fuse. 

18 hours ago, leroy said:

The track was severely over watered . I will agree with that for sure. Seems to me Tyler does like the track to be heavy most if not every week for whatever reason.

The forecast I saw before I left home did not look all that bad though .  so with what was supposed to be a day racing.....

I have not been in pits this year.  The fence and wall near turn four is absolutely in sad shape 

I avoid Outlaw speedway and Five Mile Point like you avoid Brewerton and Fulton. Honestly cant stand them 2 shitholes. Just awful expierences the times i went to those tracks. 

59 minutes ago, TL97x said:

Race fuel is far too expensive to use race cars (especially Modifieds) as track packers. 

Apparently not.  Especially not when traveling all the way to Charlotte and or Volusia.   

2 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

When did Modified drivers become such damn sissies.

Mud laps for modifieds and the other divisions were a regular thing a few decades ago. 

Buy a team a barrel of fuel (going to cost you almost $1000) and then ask them how long it will last them. Maybe then you’ll understand why racers don’t want to waste fuel and money packing the track. 

Bottom line: tracks need to invest in their product, that includes proper track prep equipment. After watching many races on Flo, some tracks in the US seem to have it figure out. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, TL97x said:

Buy a team a barrel of fuel (going to cost you almost $1000) and then ask them how long it will last them. Maybe then you’ll understand why racers don’t want to waste fuel and money packing the track. 

Bottom line: tracks need to invest in their product, that includes proper track prep equipment. After watching many races on Flo, some tracks in the US seem to have it figure out. 

I agree more tracks do it better than others. When Mohawk got rained on and they waited it out earlier this year they were not prepared at all. Lots of down time at the beginning when the rain stopped like they were clueless when someone could have started track work. Maybe trying to decide if your going to race or not but it shouldn't have took them that long. Then finally start track work going ok until they have 2wd fucking vehicles work in the track. Think they had to pull 3 out getting stuck. Well no shit they were stuck. This was the night Can-am owner Tyler Barnett helped out probably don't know what they would have done without his help tba. I love this track but they were clueless like a chickens head cut off that night and I was not happy.

4 hours ago, TL97x said:

And you won't mind paying the larger ticket/pit prices to help pay for all the equipment itb takes to do it without mud laps right? Racing fuel has always been expensive compared to low octane gas like we run in cars and trucks.

10 minutes of mud laps with everyone in all divisions taking turns and your track will be run in. Doesn't mean you have to be out there the whole 10 minutes. 4-5 minutes for each car driving around slowly and your track is run in. You might burn a half of a gallon of fuel. But your helping your own cause. You wanna race, do mud laps. It isn't like the track is just asking you to do it by yourself. And if you don't like it go home and sit in your garage and pout. Jack Johnson did one night at fmp. It rained like 10 minutes before hot laps were suppose to start. Dan asked everyone to come out for mud laps and to get the track back to shape faster. Jack Johnson was the only one who left. And there was some great racing that night.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

And you won't mind paying the larger ticket/pit prices to help pay for all the equipment itb takes to do it without mud laps right? Racing fuel has always been expensive compared to low octane gas like we run in cars and trucks.

10 minutes of mud laps with everyone in all divisions taking turns and your track will be run in. Doesn't mean you have to be out there the whole 10 minutes. 4-5 minutes for each car driving around slowly and your track is run in. You might burn a half of a gallon of fuel. But your helping your own cause. You wanna race, do mud laps. It isn't like the track is just asking you to do it by yourself. And if you don't like it go home and sit in your garage and pout. Jack Johnson did one night at fmp. It rained like 10 minutes before hot laps were suppose to start. Dan asked everyone to come out for mud laps and to get the track back to shape faster. Jack Johnson was the only one who left. And there was some great racing that night.

Packing the track is justifiable for most teams when they know it’s an unusual request. When it’s common practice….the guys are going to refuse or really bitch about it, which they should. Outlaw has quite a reputation on flooding the place with water….taking forever to run it in….requiring the racers to help and then having less than ideal track conditions on top of rough racing. To expect guys to repeatedly stuff 150 lbs of clay all of the cars….then go beat the hell out of them is insanity. There’s a reason outlaw doesn’t attract marquee names….and has lost the few it had. It’s not the most well run facility. 

9 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Packing the track is justifiable for most teams when they know it’s an unusual request. When it’s common practice….the guys are going to refuse or really bitch about it, which they should. Outlaw has quite a reputation on flooding the place with water….taking forever to run it in….requiring the racers to help and then having less than ideal track conditions on top of rough racing. To expect guys to repeatedly stuff 150 lbs of clay all of the cars….then go beat the hell out of them is insanity. There’s a reason outlaw doesn’t attract marquee names….and has lost the few it had. It’s not the most well run facility. 

Saturday made 7 races for me at Outlaw this year.  so yeah I did not go every week.

But........ It was the first time this year I remember race cars being asked to help out. 

It also rained on and off much of the day.   

On 10/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, Angmar said:

I avoid Outlaw speedway and Five Mile Point like you avoid Brewerton and Fulton. Honestly cant stand them 2 shitholes. Just awful expierences the times i went to those tracks. 

That is fine👍   Everyone is free to make their own decisions.  We are all lucky to have many race tracks still operating. Different choices for fans and racers.

If you do not like one track, go somewhere else

From reading the Turn4Dirtyy posts though.  It sounds like he just likes to bitch about Outlaw Speedway, but keeps right on attending

• Like 3