2 hours ago, niatros said:

When your tear off is a depends, its time to retire.  

Love him or hate him.  He sure made races entertaining.  Obviously no respect for the Dr in that response.  

• Like 3
13 hours ago, BRP7N said:

Love him or hate him.  He sure made races entertaining.  Obviously no respect for the Dr in that response.  

Its not required that you have to respect everyone in life for whatever reasons.

Great body of work. But his time has passed. Could he put a run together - sure. He has and probably will continue to from time to time. But the sport needs the next wave to come through the pipeline. The Doc has done his thing and it’s a hall of fame career, but it’s not being insulting to say he’s past his prime. 

3 hours ago, JohnyC said:

Great body of work. But his time has passed. Could he put a run together - sure. He has and probably will continue to from time to time. But the sport needs the next wave to come through the pipeline. The Doc has done his thing and it’s a hall of fame career, but it’s not being insulting to say he’s past his prime. 

In my opinion, I would say the Doctor has peaked, yes.  But I think he is still in the top 50% of drivers out there.

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

In my opinion, I would say the Doctor has peaked, yes.  But I think he is still in the top 50% of drivers out there.

48% of that top 50 have never had any opportunities to drive top notch equipment unless it’s family owned. Danny has driven everything, most more than once. Time to give some other guys shots in some better equipment. Now the Siri deal makes some sense, having him in the field each friday puts ppl in the stands, cause it’s not about winning races at this point. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, JohnyC said:

But if you've seen him race at Outlaw Speedway at all this season you will quickly realize that he is far from past his prime. All of his wins this season, he made the field look silly. Not saying anything against Outlaw's field but he schooled them and earned each of those wins. Even had a shot at the championship on the final night, only coming up a few points short.

5 minutes ago, WaterWagonFan said:

But if you've seen him race at Outlaw Speedway at all this season you will quickly realize that he is far from past his prime. All of his wins this season, he made the field look silly. Not saying anything against Outlaw's field but he schooled them and earned each of those wins. Even had a shot at the championship on the final night, only coming up a few points short.

Steve Paine, Bobby Varin, the Dr and who????? Not much in terms of top tier caliber talent after those 3.

2 minutes ago, Angmar said:

Steve Paine, Bobby Varin, the Dr and who????? Not much in terms of top tier caliber talent after those 3.

Paine, Varin, Doctor, Kyle Coffey, Siri, Brady Fultz, Podsiadlo, Eldon Payne, Jim LaRock, Phil Vigneri.

Not every single driver listed is a household name but don't kid yourself into the thought process that Outlaw is a cakewalk. Those household names work for everything they get there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, WaterWagonFan said:

Paine, Varin, Doctor, Kyle Coffey, Siri, Brady Fultz, Podsiadlo, Eldon Payne, Jim LaRock, Phil Vigneri.

Not every single driver listed is a household name but don't kid yourself into the thought process that Outlaw is a cakewalk. Those household names work for everything they get there.

100% True ..This year Deyo show at Outlaw Paine beat Mahaney ,Perrego, Freisen , Sheppard, Max , Williamson , Decker , Rudolph , Maresca plus others in HIG chassis ....:tommy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, rpm72x said:

48% of that top 50 have never had any opportunities to drive top notch equipment unless it’s family owned. Danny has driven everything, most more than once. Time to give some other guys shots in some better equipment. Now the Siri deal makes some sense, having him in the field each friday puts ppl in the stands, cause it’s not about winning races at this point. 

Yes and No.

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Time for who?  

I would say it is not up to you to decide who gets what rides.   

16 minutes ago, leroy said:

Time for who?  

I would say it is not up to you to decide who gets what rides.   

I absolutely have nothing to do with it…..but continuing to put guys in cars that are far past their prime does nothing but stagnate the sport. All I hear daily from ppl is times have changed, can’t hold onto the past, well apparently that’s not the case for dirt modified racing. People advocate for drivers to get rides based on past relevance. 

52 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I absolutely have nothing to do with it…..but continuing to put guys in cars that are far past their prime does nothing but stagnate the sport. All I hear daily from ppl is times have changed, can’t hold onto the past, well apparently that’s not the case for dirt modified racing. People advocate for drivers to get rides based on past relevance. 

It does not matter who advocates what.  What matters is the people with money to fund the race teams. They decide who drives.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, leroy said:

It does not matter who advocates what.  What matters is the people with money to fund the race teams. They decide who drives.

Yes…..and some have the opinion guys like Danny should get that opportunity. I feel that others deserve it. Really quite simple….they are opinions….neither are right or wrong. If we are going to shut down discussions based off who actually decides what goes on….then shut the forum down completely. The car owners, drivers, track /series promoters and sponsors make the decisions. This forum is here for people to discuss and argue over those said decisions. 

14 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Yes…..and some have the opinion guys like Danny should get that opportunity. I feel that others deserve it. Really quite simple….they are opinions….neither are right or wrong. If we are going to shut down discussions based off who actually decides what goes on….then shut the forum down completely. The car owners, drivers, track /series promoters and sponsors make the decisions. This forum is here for people to discuss and argue over those said decisions. 

Agreed. Some take the forum too seriously. I personally like reading opinions that differ from mine. Nice to bat ideas back and forth. And yes, I share the same opinion - time to move along. There needs to be a succession plan and holding onto guys in their 60’s probably isn’t it. There seems to be a million sportsman teams out there. Best case is some of these teams graduate and choose to run the Deyo series and/or the SDS and we end up with a next generation of big block stars who can help carry the sport forward. The Dr cannot carry the baton forever. 

26 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

shut down what?

You can argue with whoever you want.  About who should not be racing,  who should be racing  , etc. etc.

If you have the money to put a car on the track , you get to either race it yourself, or decide who you want to race it.   that is not going to change

That is why I asked 'time for who' to give other guys shots?  

Your opinion and mine do not mean doodly squat 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Agreed. Some take the forum too seriously. I personally like reading opinions that differ from mine. Nice to bat ideas back and forth. And yes, I share the same opinion - time to move along. There needs to be a succession plan and holding onto guys in their 60’s probably isn’t it. There seems to be a million sportsman teams out there. Best case is some of these teams graduate and choose to run the Deyo series and/or the SDS and we end up with a next generation of big block stars who can help carry the sport forward. The Dr cannot carry the baton forever. 

Actually , If I had the money to fund a modified team.  I would put Alan in the car.  And he is older than Danny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1