Jump to content




Recommended Posts

Just now, doober said:

well while running second with less than 10 to go and 5 points into the final 4 he gives up second spot to get inside and looses top 4 playoffs. got wrecked ended up 17th. bad move

He had been giving up that spot all day and it was working out, just didn't that last time.  Starting second on the final restart didn't work any better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, doober said:

well while running second with less than 10 to go and 5 points into the final 4 he gives up second spot to get inside and looses top 4 playoffs. got wrecked ended up 17th. bad move

got wrecked ?    I think he did the wrecking , so does he based on his post race interview .

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Should be all kinds of bashing on here. He took the leader out. 

Did not watch it. Out in woods.  

I like Martinsville a lot.

 But playoffs do not belong in racing 

The more things Nascar keeps changing , the more I lose interest . 
If not for my race pools, I wouldn’t even check results half the time 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

Should be all kinds of bashing on here. He took the leader out. 

Should we start a "Stew is an idiot part 1" thread ?.......just kidding......those who have been paying attention will get the joke......☮️......yes I know my sense of humor sometimes runs close to the edge.....😊

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Cup race at Martinsville a few years ago. The track is very cool. The problem I have with NASCAR is that the fans, NASCAR, and the press not only expect that type of driving....if they don't get it they complain.

I sometimes listen to Dave Moody on way home from work on the NASCAR channel and that guy is unhinged. He finds the most obnoxious way to defend any move that the NASCAR sanctioning body makes. He embodies the NASCAR mindset.

Used to be decent racing in the eighties.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scottnorwood said:

I went to Cup race at Martinsville a few years ago. The track is very cool. The problem I have with NASCAR is that the fans, NASCAR, and the press not only expect that type of driving....if they don't get it they complain.

I sometimes listen to Dave Moody on way home from work on the NASCAR channel and that guy is unhinged. He finds the most obnoxious way to defend any move that the NASCAR sanctioning body makes. He embodies the NASCAR mindset.

Used to be decent racing in the eighties.

Same with the drivers , if you don't kiss NASCAR's ass during an interview you are chastised . That's why drivers like Dick Trickle , Robby Gordon , Tim Richmond were not NASCAR favorites .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leroy said:

It is Nascar. And Martinsville. I don’t expect tomorrow to be different . Do you?

I actually do.  Martinsville sometimes has it's issues, but the quality/type of driving in the truck series is terrible.  Those guys either can't or won't stop wrecking each other, no matter where they go.  At least Friesen actually felt bad about it.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He really didn’t have much of a choice on that final restart to take the outside of the front row. It was either P2 or P5. He was 3rd in line at the choose arrow, the dude in 2nd took the inside lane. He gave it a shot, tried to stay tight on the leader and it didn’t work out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fulbrew said:

I actually do.  Martinsville sometimes has it's issues, but the quality/type of driving in the truck series is terrible.  Those guys either can't or won't stop wrecking each other, no matter where they go.  At least Friesen actually felt bad about it.  

 

I was hoping for better today. Hamlin gave Bowman a car width plus for multiple laps. Hamlin never pinched him once and Bowman still punted him. That was foolishness.

The Hamlin interview was interesting.

The best interview though was on FS1 after on pit lane while talking to Logano they are forced to move the interview because the Kyle Busch car was being pushed right into the interview. Logano says "That's OK; he drives like that on the track too."...haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2021 at 3:07 PM, doober said:

well while running second with less than 10 to go and 5 points into the final 4 he gives up second spot to get inside and looses top 4 playoffs. got wrecked ended up 17th. bad move

It didn't matter, he had to make a move to win the race.  Sheldon Creed moved up through the field after he got involved in a wreck which had put Stew back below the cutoff line.

This crappy playoff system forces people to make stupid moves to make a last ditch effort of being in contention for the championship 4.  This is sadly what nascar wants "Game 7 moments" as they themselves often say.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2021 at 7:19 PM, racefan11 said:

It didn't matter, he had to make a move to win the race.  Sheldon Creed moved up through the field after he got involved in a wreck which had put Stew back below the cutoff line.

This crappy playoff system forces people to make stupid moves to make a last ditch effort of being in contention for the championship 4.  This is sadly what nascar wants "Game 7 moments" as they themselves often say.

1) the trucks are like that all year

2) you’re complaining a system is forcing drivers to give it 100% lol

image how great racing could’ve been back in the day if almost every team wasn’t spending the last couple months testing for the next season 
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a pretty good race till he end when everyone got a little to antsy.  Stew did what he had to do, just couldn't hold it.

On another story from the race Deegan finished on the lead lap in 19th after coming back from 3 laps down and 40th position. Heck of a team they have, she does a great job listening to her crew chief and spotter, unlike Danica who just like to ramble about how eveerything was everyone else's fault. Obviously Deegan isn't as good as the top guys in the series, but I think she'll be a lot more competitive then Danica ever was. Hoping she stays in trucks another year or two. Before they push her in to the Xfinity series.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

1) the trucks are like that all year

2) you’re complaining a system is forcing drivers to give it 100% lol

image how great racing could’ve been back in the day if almost every team wasn’t spending the last couple months testing for the next season 
 

 

With reasoning like yours.  Tim McCreadie should not be this years Lucas Champion.  That 2021 title should go to Davenport

playoffs in racing are just plain stupid

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, macho said:

If I saw it right Craftons crew chief was in Stews pit after the race but I never saw anything between those 2 guys. Does anyone have info on what happened?

I guess Crafton's CC (Junior Joiner), who is a complete hothead, is really good friends with David Gilliland and decided to get involved for whatever reason

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.













×
×
  • Create New...