1 hour ago, jimbo8574 said:

Mahaney had mentioned early this year he needs to chase the money more.  

Was this supposed to say. . .

"Mandy had mentioned early this year he needs to chase the money more." 😂

In all seriousness, just curious what was the focus/priority was before? I know having fun is part of it but this is his living so I thought that would be the first priority all along?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever ends up moving into paying point positions when stew and Mahaney were punished can reimburse dirtcar. They are getting paid for positions that they didn’t earn on the racetrack. 

Dean won’t chime in. He used to be pretty active in here but he’s been quiet since he took over SDS. Too busy trying to figure out how to keep Stew from beating Matt in the points every year. 

Just curious why you feel STSS is better than WRG SDS? I really don't think one is better or worse than the other but just curious on your thoughts.

I think he was getting away from the mindset of focusing on winning track championships. Worry about winning the bigger paying races.   Skipping out on a chance at 2nd or 3rd for SDS point fund for a chance to win $53K (or even $10K for 3rd).  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, leroy said:

I read the article. 

Cherokee on the way home from Florida maybe on the Elite series if the sponsorship comes through.

Penn Can , Woodhull  ,and Thunder Mountain are possible cuts

Penn  Can is probably gone since they didn't pay Deyo the purse $$.

2 minutes ago, chas71 said:

Penn  Can is probably gone since they didn't pay Deyo the purse $$.

Sounds like they really want to do the right thing tho. They're scheduling sure enduro races into the winter to raise some cash right? Hopefully they can make it right with Deyo.

2 hours ago, jimbo8574 said:

I think he was getting away from the mindset of focusing on winning track championships. Worry about winning the bigger paying races.   Skipping out on a chance at 2nd or 3rd for SDS point fund for a chance to win $53K (or even $10K for 3rd).  

Honestly, this is the mindset that is needed to make the big blocks anything more than a NY series.

If Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Ohio, etc. are putting up purses that are $10K or more, we need our top guys to be out there supporting those shows.

Maybe this "elite" series will happen and they can shift the series to become a true traveling series where payouts make sense for the guys that can follow it and they are Friday/Saturday shows that allow most of the guys that have full-time jobs to work them and still go out on the Tour.

Get Mahaney, Friesen, Sheppard, Decker, Williamson, Phelps, etc. out of consistent weekly racing at tracks and set up a schedule that allows them to chase the money they want and help grow the brand of the big blocks. 

Obviously having them drop in from time to time at a track that is running that class is fine and will happen, but we need a bigger mindset if we want to get the professional drivers "out" of weekly racing. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, racer80 said:

never happened!!!!...I just don't care for their platform or the way they treat "non-platinum" racers

Oh! After you blamed me for your issues, now it didn’t happen lol. Ok 👌🏼

14 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Oh! After you blamed me for your issues, now it didn’t happen lol. Ok 👌🏼

What happened was Dean Reynolds complained to Jeff Chatigney that I was "pissing in his Cheerios" because of my posts about WRG's racing platform and threatened Jeff with his ability to sell @ Volusia & SDW.....I was & still are not affiliated with Candyland......takes a special person to make threats to someone who he thinks is still employing someone he has a problem with........a far cry from "WRG slapping my Peepee"

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

What happened was Dean Reynolds complained to Jeff Chatigney that I was "pissing in his Cheerios" because of my posts about WRG's racing platform and threatened Jeff with his ability to sell @ Volusia & SDW.....I was & still are not affiliated with Candyland......takes a special person to make threats to someone who he thinks is still employing someone he has a problem with........a far cry from "WRG wacking my Peepee"

So what you are really trying to say is that it had nothing to do with me lol………………

5 hours ago, jumper12a said:

So what you are really trying to say is that it had nothing to do with me lol………………

I had been told, falsely I might add, that you had gone to Reynolds & told him to read the posts. I apologize and certainly don't blame you for Reynolds actions.....enjoy your Miller Lite.....lol

• Like 1
On 11/5/2021 at 11:01 AM, leroy said:

I get why Mike went to Fonda.  But he did sign the platinum deal or no? I just assume he benefited from that deal

Do you think he will reimburse DIRTcar or the tracks he raced at?

LIke I said previous though,  Mahaney is not the first to back out of the deal

Whoever ends up moving into paying point positions when stew and Mahaney were punished can reimburse dirtcar. They are getting paid for positions that they didn’t earn on the racetrack. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Don’t want to start the vaccination debate but until there is restrictions to come to Canada, i highly doubt the series will be back with vaccine being mandatory, not sure there is many teams on the SDS that are meeting this requirement… this puts a lot of pressure to add dates in Canada if US drivers can’t cross and would not follow the series because of that

7 hours ago, mart96 said:

Don’t want to start the vaccination debate but until there is restrictions to come to Canada, i highly doubt the series will be back with vaccine being mandatory, not sure there is many teams on the SDS that are meeting this requirement… this puts a lot of pressure to add dates in Canada if US drivers can’t cross and would not follow the series because of that

I tend to agree. So much as I’d love to see the series return it’s anything but a certainty. There are presently too maybe hurdles to make it realistic. Are we honestly going to expect every driver/crew member/affiliate to get a PCR test to come over for a single event? I don’t see it. And at least these tests are available for free in the US. I got an antigen test to go to Florida and it was $40. A PCR test was $240 (thankfully I didn’t need one to go down). Again, I’m all for seeing series races return to Canada but it’s anything but practical at this point.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:03 AM, JohnyC said:

I tend to agree. So much as I’d love to see the series return it’s anything but a certainty. There are presently too maybe hurdles to make it realistic. Are we honestly going to expect every driver/crew member/affiliate to get a PCR test to come over for a single event? I don’t see it. And at least these tests are available for free in the US. I got an antigen test to go to Florida and it was $40. A PCR test was $240 (thankfully I didn’t need one to go down). Again, I’m all for seeing series races return to Canada but it’s anything but practical at this point.

Tests are not free here in the states. 100.00 now at local hospital.

3 hours ago, STROB63 said:

You should be doing one or all three of these things. ask the hospital if they made a mistake, call your insurance company, or go to a different hospital/clinic

test are supposed to be free in US, definitely in NY

• Like 2
3 hours ago, STROB63 said:

You should be doing one or all three of these things if you paid $100.

Ask the hospital if they made a mistake, call your insurance company, or go to a different hospital/clinic

A Covid test is supposed to be free in US, definitely in NYS

I've had 6 tests (booth PCR and Rapid) and never paid for any of them in NY.  I figured my health ins company was picking up the tab.

8 hours ago, chas71 said:

I've had 6 tests (booth PCR and Rapid) and never paid for any of them in NY.  I figured my health ins company was picking up the tab.

Maybe the distinction is whether or not it’s for travel? Testing is free in Canada, however if the test is for the purpose of international travel there is a cost. And that cost can range from $40 to $500. 

I think the language "free" can be misleading.

The tests I have had are at "no cost" to me directly. The administer of the test has billed my insurance. My insurance paid the administer. The insurance then seeks reimbursement from government (State or Federal). The government pays the insurance company from tax revenue. The tax revenue comes from me.

So I guess I am paying for my "free" shot.

1 minute ago, scottnorwood said:

I think the language "free" can be misleading.

The tests I have had are at "no cost" to me directly. They administer of the test has billed my insurance. My insurance paid the administer. The insurance then seeks reimbursement from government (State or Federal). The government pays the insurance company from tax revenue. The tax revenue comes from me.

So I guess I am paying for my "free" shot.

As In nothing is free? Especially these days. 

3 hours ago, toprow said:

As In nothing is free? Especially these days. 

All depends on who is getting what. Lots of people receive stuff that they did not pay for…..and many of us pay for things that we do not receive.