15 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

DIRT is protecting their brand simple enough

Who/what are they protecting the brand from?  Space Invaders? 🤣

I wonder why STSS does not employ the platinum army?  I guess they do not need the protection. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He never will be….he is the one guy that gets to take full advantage of the dirtcar games…..virtually a guaranteed 50k championship every year. The other drivers need to step up and not sign anything

I don't see what the big issue is.  I would much rather watch Dinkins and Rauscher race than Mahaney and Friesen...

If we are just going to speculate and throw around theoretical situations……say Gary Tomkins lands a really good ride…..SDS only because weekly racing is a waste of money…..if he didn’t find a weekly r

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, RJO said:

When all you boob birds get your own racetrack or series then you can run it the way you like also. Why don’t you just go to the series you praise and forget about all the others. How much longer are you going to beat the horse before its dead? No one is forcing anyone to go and watch a series you don’t like other then yourself.

I agree. the SDS point system does seem FUBAR. But  I just go watch the races.  I  enjoy watching the racing.  And not just modifieds 

I do not give the SDS point system much credibility.    Similar to Nascar.   Where a race team finishes each race all year,  does not add up to where they stand in the end.

The 'platinum champion' does get the trophy and the check though

1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

Friesen wasn’t offered a contract because he said from the start he was running a competing race. 
How hard is that to explain to anyone?

That statement from Stew has never been confirmed by anyone.   

Speculation is all

If we are just going to speculate and throw around theoretical situations……say Gary Tomkins lands a really good ride…..SDS only because weekly racing is a waste of money…..if he didn’t find a weekly ride would it be fair that he is not eligible for anything in regards to the series he is following? If Alex Yankowski decided to follow the entire SDS which would be great for the series itself….but decided logistically it’s impossible to compete weekly at a dirtcar track…..does that seem productive? Once again provide the best product for the teams and fans and they will come. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

If we are just going to speculate and throw around theoretical situations……say Gary Tomkins lands a really good ride…..SDS only because weekly racing is a waste of money…..if he didn’t find a weekly ride would it be fair that he is not eligible for anything in regards to the series he is following? If Alex Yankowski decided to follow the entire SDS which would be great for the series itself….but decided logistically it’s impossible to compete weekly at a dirtcar track…..does that seem productive? Once again provide the best product for the teams and fans and they will come. 

It would be nice for both the fans and racers if points were just points.  Add them up each event like a lot of other racing series seem to do.  

But like Ron said .  It is DIRTcars sandbox. 

the points do not effect my seat 

11 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Would be completely fair in both instances. There are rules in the contract. You either follow them or you don’t. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Would be completely fair in both instances. There are rules in the contract. You either follow them or you don’t. 

You are correct. It’s like renting a house. You signed the contract to pay the rent monthly and if you don’t pay the rent guess what? Your out and could lose you security deposit. Just like your point money. 

23 minutes ago, RJO said:

You are correct. It’s like renting a house. You signed the contract to pay the rent monthly and if you don’t pay the rent guess what? Your out and could lose you security deposit. Just like your point money. 

Not a good analogy for 2021 Ron.    Just saying 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

I understand the contract…..my point is that by implementing stupid rules like these, you do nothing but strong arm a couple of teams and possible lose more. 

25 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I understand the contract…..my point is that by implementing stupid rules like these, you do nothing but strong arm a couple of teams and possible lose more. 

So don’t sign it. No one is strong armed to sign it. Matt could walk away from DIRTcar next year if he chooses. 

If I was Friesen or Mahaney, I would make it clear that I did not want my name or a picture of my car on any advertisements or promotions for any SDS races. If they can't collect point money, no reason to use them for gain. 

All they have to do is work out a deal for a few races with Deyo, and all this nonsense could be avoided. It would be a win for drivers, owners, teams , track owners and promoters, and the fans. It is all so stupid and easy to take care of.

It is going to be an interesting list of platinum members this year. It looks like there will be racers collecting point money that can't even finish in the top five at their own home track. That is how ridiculous the platinum membership is.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WMR Racing said:

I wonder what the Hile team will do.  I don’t see him leaving Bewerton because of the sponsorship stuff. Do we loose another team because of home track points. 

Brewerton is a DIRTcar sanctioned track. How would that affect Hile?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, WMR Racing said:

I wonder what the Hile team will do.  I don’t see him leaving Bewerton because of the sponsorship stuff. Do we loose another team because of home track points. 

Chris does the same thing as Phelps and Sears. Brewerton is DIRT.

40 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

So don’t sign it. No one is strong armed to sign it. Matt could walk away from DIRTcar next year if he chooses. 

That’s what some of us are saying…..I’ve stated numerous times that the drivers that sign the stupid contract are their own worst enemy. Let Dinkins be your only platinum member and watch how fast dirtcar changes the rules. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw Photos said:

Anyone remember why they dropped the hole home track point thing for a few years?  

I had to look it up. It was supposed to do two things.

1, Save drivers money by not needing to race every weekend.  And 2 , Get more teams to follow the tour. 

I believe DIRTcar also scheduled more of the SDS events on weekends during that time period?

26 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I’m assuming they are going to allow Williamson to get his home track bogus points from a 358 track?

You can get home track points by racing any DIRTsanctioned tracks . 12 starts combined at DIRT sanctioned tracks

Its not even really a home track thing anymore.  They just call it hometrack bonus for some reason.  

You can race six here, six there, whatever. As long as you have 12 starts at DIRTcar tracks

Home track bonuses used to be determined by where you actually finished in points at your hometrack.  With platinum drivers now not needing one 'actual' hometrack.   Every platinum driver with 12 starts gets the same bonus  I believe.     Participation trophy bonus 😆

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Outlaw Photos said:

Anyone remember why they dropped the hole home track point thing for a few years?  

Seems like STSS is trying to improve their tour by offering bigger payouts and a wider audience.

SDS is trying to improve their tour by ensuring the drivers the contract with don't run other competing races.

In leadership terms SDS thinks there is a finite amount of success and that any success that STSS has is reducing the amount of success that SDS can have.

STSS conversely thinks there is an unlimited amount of success for SDS and STSS.

Two different approaches. I think SDS may win some short term tactical battles but people with their viewpoint don't usually win out in the long run.

If Deyo wanted to play the same game he could offer a Platinum bonus on nights when the SDS schedule conflicts with STSS to get some of those guys to break contract....it would be interesting if he did that but he really doesn't have any motivation to do that since he is winning already.

• Like 1

All the hypothetical bs is crazy.  12 races are nothing for anyone who legitimately wants to follow the SDS. You could do that easily in less than 2 months and race wherever you want the rest of the year. Stop with maybe this guy would or that guy without home track points when those guys have never followed the series and don't seem to care to.