What series do you prefer..SDS OR STSS and why..no mention of covid in any posts please

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t like either of them. When I started going to races it was old school. It was called handicapping. It you were the top guy you started near the back In the heats and the feature. No time trials

I'm a big fan of both! Enjoy supporting both series, I think the competition between both is good for the sport! We've already got more races that pay $25k or more to win in 2022 than we've had in any

I’d rather go to the races and have the “stars” not be there. 

If I had to pick one over the other I would lean toward STSS.  Seem to get a better variety of different drivers/teams. The admission is normally cheaper.  And they go to PORT ROYAL.  Who does not like Port Royal?

I enjoy watching both series though. I attended three SDS and three STSS in 2021.  

Very excited to read in AARN that Big Diamond is expected to be on 2022 SDS schedule.  I hope this does not mean no STSS though?.   Big Diamond is one of my favorite tracks

45 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Do we really need another topic related to these 2 series? I think not. Just enough any racing you get before it's gone for good

This topic is better than  covid covid, trump trump ,biden, biden, vaccine,  no vaccine, fauci,  blah blah, blah blah , shooting sprees, riots, burning buildings, and who could forget Mandy?

blah blah

ANYTHING is better than that^^^

With not much racing until February though?   get used to it

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, leroy said:

This topic is better than  covid covid, trump trump ,biden, biden, vaccine,  no vaccine, fauchi,  blah blah, blah blah , shooting sprees, riots, burning buildings, and who could forget Mandy?

blah blah

ANYTHING is better than that^^^

With not much racing until February though?   get used to it

Those topics are lame too but I get your point 

These topics generally turn into a format argument.  I look at it different.  In my interactions with Mr. Deyo, he has always shown a sincere appreciation for everybody that races in his series and at his tracks.  More than I have witnessed elsewhere.  More than once, he has paid full, instead of taking 1/2 money from provisional starters.  This is a small example.  Not to mention what happened at the Fonda banquet.  Very few drivers are racing for the money.  Respect and appreciation matter.  I prefer STSS for that reason.

Pretty sure everyone on here knows what series Racer80 prefers. He need not replay for everyone’s sake. Lol. Me personally I just like to see good racing. I’ve seen good racing on both series & seen snoozers with both series. Let’s be real if Stewy or Sheppard are in the field. One of those two are probably gonna win. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, montess said:

Pretty sure everyone on here knows what series Racer80 prefers. He need not replay for everyone’s sake. Lol. Me personally I just like to see good racing. I’ve seen good racing on both series & seen snoozers with both series. Let’s be real if Stewy or Sheppard are in the field. One of those two are probably gonna win. 

The best race I saw in 2021 was the STSS event in Dundee. 👍

Stewy and Sheppard were racing for fourth place

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, leroy said:

The best race I saw in 2021 was the STSS event in Dundee. 👍

Stewy and Sheppard were racing for fourth place

Yup & it was very cool to see Steve Paine win. Yet some folks think he is washed up.  Very good night of racing that night. If I remember rite mod feature was done before 9:30pm. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

That race was fantastic. Loved watching Steve hold off the best of the best to get that win. 

Yes it was a good race and both LV SDS races were also good Fuller winning Bridgeport was good race Malta last SDS race was also good racing .....Sheppard beating SF at Devils Bowl caution free was hell of a race also ....ESW final was best 200 lap race I have seen at OC by far ....

• Like 1

I love racing in general, as far as which series I would go to, both would be my answer. As a racing fan we need to support both series, so they can survive, if we lose one or the other, then we got trouble. SDS was the standard for many years and they have gotten lazy under WRG, because WRG is looking at the bottom line of putting money in  their pockets. STSS on the other hand is run by a race fan who cares about the sport and trying to put money into the pockets of the racers before he sees any money.

• Like 1

I like the STSS better just because I get to enjoy the heats as well as the feature. With no time trials, the top guys are not guaranteed to start in the front of every heat. And yes, they do usually make it up to the redraw, but I at least get to see them mix it up to get there.

• Like 3

I don’t like either of them. When I started going to races it was old school. It was called handicapping. It you were the top guy you started near the back In the heats and the feature. No time trials, no top 2 or 3 redraw for the top 12 starting spots and no provisional starting spots. If you didn’t qualify for the feature you were on the trailer and come back and try again the next race.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, RJO said:

I don’t like either of them. When I started going to races it was old school. It was called handicapping. It you were the top guy you started near the back In the heats and the feature. No time trials, no top 2 or 3 redraw for the top 12 starting spots and no provisional starting spots. If you didn’t qualify for the feature you were on the trailer and come back and try again the next race.

How do you handicap a touring series?

What do you do with teams like ours that only runs the tour races at our home track?

35 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

How do you handicap a touring series?

What do you do with teams like ours that only runs the tour races at our home track?

It easy you give points to the guys that make the feature races. If you don’t show up for a race you don’t get points. But you must have a rule in there that says something like if you don’t show for x amount of races and qualify for a feature you start behind the high point man in the feature.

6 minutes ago, RJO said:

It easy you give points to the guys that make the feature races. If you don’t show up for a race you don’t get points. But you must have a rule in there that says something like if you don’t show for x amount of races and qualify for a feature you start behind the high point man in the feature.

So when Mr DIRT is run at Lebanon and our weekly team wants to run it, we have to start in the back in our heat solely because we don't follow the tour?

No thanks.

1 hour ago, Sicklajoie said:

So when Mr DIRT is run at Lebanon and our weekly team wants to run it, we have to start in the back in our heat solely because we don't follow the tour?

No thanks.

If it's a tour race it should not be run on a regular race night. You do know that my way of handicapping would never happen in today's world of racing with a tour.

They both must be doing something right somehow, they still in business and without both we couldn't have 15 different threads with the same circular argument from mostly the same people. Myself I could care less, I go to the races to watch races, not walk in with a trench coat on cause I got a Woody cause the so called  "STARS" are there..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, dan dan said:

They both must be doing something right somehow, they still in business and without both we couldn't have 15 different threads with the same circular argument from mostly the same people. Myself I could care less, I go to the races to watch races, not walk in with a trench coat on cause I got a Woody cause the so called  "STARS" are there..

I’d rather go to the races and have the “stars” not be there. 

• Like 4

I'm a big fan of both! Enjoy supporting both series, I think the competition between both is good for the sport! We've already got more races that pay $25k or more to win in 2022 than we've had in any year! 

• Like 5