45 minutes ago, JMB said:

I went to Bear Ridge once last year when it was "Topless Night".  A couple of the Late Model guys legitimately had part of their helmets sticking up above the roll cage.(a hazard you would notice if the roof was on the car to cover it up)

They’re all running older chassis up there, that’s part of the issue. In recent years, the cages on late models have been getting taller and more rigid. At the bigger topless late model races these days, a lot of guys are putting a small sheet metal roof on top of the cage, too. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you cannot afford 800.00 to help protect yourself you shouldn’t be racing....I’m going to guess if 800.00 bucks ends your racing career there are a bunch of other areas in life that could use the m

In today’s day of racing safety is s top priority!! But with it comes a price. And the other issue comes is comparing the same standards of system. I will be offering a system that has been proven to

If that makes me righteous so be it....it’s the truth....it’s one thing to not be able to field a winning car but if you can’t buy safety gear then get out...

I am amazed that people in this thread are actually complaining about safety precautions. Probably the most cautionary tale in racing among active drivers today is Harli White. Her story is amazing, but she is going to carry horrendous scars on half her body for the rest of her life. She underwent numerous skin grafts, spent months in therapy just to be able to walk again and will never again have feeling in her back because of her burns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvGlvkH2d-8

Extremely graphic gallery of her scars.

https://jamespratt.photoshelter.com/gallery/Harli-White/G0000siblsy69LG4/C0000YxoH3YO5sBU

• Like 2

Wow. I had never seen this. Thanks for sharing. Certainly puts everything into perspective about safety features. 

16 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

I am amazed that people in this thread are actually complaining about safety precautions. Probably the most cautionary tale in racing among active drivers today is Harli White. Her story is amazing, but she is going to carry horrendous scars on half her body for the rest of her life. She underwent numerous skin grafts, spent months in therapy just to be able to walk again and will never again have feeling in her back because of her burns.

https://jamespratt.photoshelter.com/gallery/Harli-White/G0000siblsy69LG4/C0000YxoH3YO5sBU

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FightForTheRail said:

The people complaining don’t even own racecars....they just like to be the voice for a bunch of people who disagree with them to begin with.

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Wow. I had never seen this. Thanks for sharing. Certainly puts everything into perspective about safety features. 

That was a fairly big story when it happened because of how awful it was. NASCAR Cup drivers like Tony Stewart are familiar with her story. Stewart has Tweeted in the past that he is nowhere as tough as Harli White.

She has raced the past two years on the ASCS National 360 tour, and I met her last year at Williams Grove. The line to meet her after the races was huge, and she is super friendly.

She does a lot of fundraising and public speaking on behalf of the Shriners Children's Hospital. She is also a good follow on Facebook.

• Like 1

Talked to All the companies that make the systems at the PRI show. A couple key things before guys start looking for used systems and get stung. The agent that puts out the fire has to be recertification every 2 years ! The bottle is only good for 6 years. To get one recertified your looking at about $200 minimum. So don’t think your saving money by buying an older unit because it may not even be able to be recertified . 

• 3 months later...

Without looking back and don't know if this has been asked.

"DUE TO ITS HAZARDOUS NATURE, THIS FIRE SUPPRESSIONSYSTEM IS NON-RETURNABLE. IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHIP THIS HAZARDOUS
PRODUCT UNLESS YOU ARE A CERTIFIED
HAZARDOUS SHIPPER, "

Does this mean there may be a legal issue transporting your car with this system installed?

Itch, 

its more of a situation we’re it needs to be labeled that there can be a problem so things don’t get carried away in what people ship. Having it on your car transporting to and from a track isn’t the issue. The hazmat shipping is to cover the shipping companies in case something goes wrong during shipping. Imagine a bottle discharging all over a group of packages. 

The units coming in I pay the hazmat fee of about $50 on top of shipping but just deliver them to customers so there’s no added charges. 

We are putting everyones name that buys a system from me between now and May in a drawing for a free $400 gas grill. I can’t change the price of the units but can give something back .

• Like 1
On 12/4/2018 at 7:43 PM, J. Downing said:

As a fan, Ive seen first hand some horrific wrecks over the years. Ive only seen 1 car have a fire involving the cockpit area of the car and driver slightly burned. Track fire crews properly trained and on the spot when a incident happens goes a long way to preventing fire danger for drivers. Cars are still made of steel, body's mostly sheet metal, tires are rubber and fuel is still fuel. What has changed that a added cost to any driver/team now has to be mandated??? Insurance company's can be handled by the collective masses if they are pushing the issue, but a sanctioning body should be looking for ways to decrease a driver/teams cost instead of raising it. In case they hadn't noticed, the tracks don't have the crowds in the stands or cars at the track they used to be there 25 yrs ago, none of that is because of lack of safety issues!!!

One word:  Kickbacks.

• Like 1
On 12/7/2018 at 1:39 PM, FightForTheRail said:

I just watched this a few days ago.  Very sad story.  What made it even more sad is what happened to Donnie Ray Crawford, the guy who literally saved her life.   He ran into the flames and got her out of the burning car.  Donnie Ray's grandfather shot him. An amazing person taken way too soon.

Harli is a strong person and she's able to talk about it today but wow,  what a story. 

• Like 1