About a decade ago I went down and we were getting snowed on while they raced.. lol Felt like spring to me. :ice:

2 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Charlotte is far from tropical in November.Those days are long gone

Eh November down there is nothing to winter up here. If you get cold you're not drinking cold enough beer. :drinks:

Ugh. Day racing at Charlotte is not ideal.. I remember the modifieds blew tires left and right because the track became just like asphalt.

I think it was the year Friday got rained out so everything was on Saturday. It was some loooong races with all the blown tires.

But by the time they got around to Saturday nights racing the track was amazing.

3 minutes ago, Jay Hickman said:

They might want to look at moving everything a day later and race on Sunday.

That will screw up travel plans and the WoO banquet. More likely they will run a double show on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

It didn't get bad last night on the roof until they started running the All Star features. That's also when the wind started picking up.  I'll be an optimist and believe there is no way a meteorologist can predict temperatures a full week in advance, but if 42° is a reality, that will suck.

I’m thinking they won’t change much unless they absolutely have to.  

It’s no secret that track isn’t the greatest during the daytime because it rubbers up something fierce.  Sure it’ll be cold, but they’ve raced in the cold before and they’ll race in the cold again.

• Thanks 1

https://worldofoutlawsworldfinals.com/information/faqs/

A. In an effort to maximize everyone’s experience, Charlotte Motor Speedway and World of Outlaws officials will be keeping an eye on the long-range weather forecast. If it appears that the temperatures are going to be uncomfortably cold, we will schedule the Friday and Saturday events to begin in the late afternoon. 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Ugh. Day racing at Charlotte is not ideal.. I remember the modifieds blew tires left and right because the track became just like asphalt.

I think it was the year Friday got rained out so everything was on Saturday. It was some loooong races with all the blown tires.

But by the time they got around to Saturday nights racing the track was amazing.

I think they all got caught with their pants down that year. The D500 was legal but no one (including the Hoosier truck) had any with them because Charlotte is for the most part a soft track. You can bet since that happened they all carry one or two D500s just in case.

Didn't they move the sprint car race to the night because there was no way their tires would survive?

1 hour ago, chas71 said:

Checked today again,  they actually raised the temp to 30 at night so it's going in the right direction (was in the 20's).

And 50 for a high, still cold but a bit more manageable.

I'm not seeing anything on a time change yet.  Thursday looks to be the issue right now.  AccuWeather and Fox46 have been pretty consistent with rain starting in the 7-8pm range.  Is it safe to assume that any qualifying that gets rained out Thursday gets moved to Friday and Saturday?  Since the modifieds are third tier, any chance their heats are scrapped Thursday in order to get in both sets of time trials for the other two classes? 

1 hour ago, Fulbrew said:

I'm not seeing anything on a time change yet.  Thursday looks to be the issue right now.  AccuWeather and Fox46 have been pretty consistent with rain starting in the 7-8pm range.  Is it safe to assume that any qualifying that gets rained out Thursday gets moved to Friday and Saturday?  Since the modifieds are third tier, any chance their heats are scrapped Thursday in order to get in both sets of time trials for the other two classes? 

Given the tightness of the points and how many ny fans come down I have to believe they’ll run them at some point, maybe starting early both days or earlier on Thursday.

What they COULD do, and what makes the most sense... if Thursday gets washed out by weather, they could start an hour or so earlier both Friday and Saturday and do full time trials that way. 

Looks like they have moved up tomorrow's start time a little.  Modified warmups at 3 and timed hot laps at 3:15.  Still may be difficult to get everything in, but it's a good compromise between trying to get everything in and avoiding daytime racing. 

In an effort to deliver the best experience for race fans, the schedule for this weekend's Can-Am World Finals at The Dirt Track at Charlotte will be flexed to provide earlier start and finish times to each night of dirt-flying, championship-deciding action at America's Home for Racing.

Spectator gates will open at 2:45 p.m. on Thursday with on-track action beginning at 3 p.m.

Friday's and Saturday's formats will also feature revised times. Gates will remain open at 3 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, with opening ceremonies moved up one hour to 3:45 p.m. followed by racing.

Fans should stay tuned to www.charlottemotorspeedway.com for further updates.