Jump to content




Recommended Posts

Gary is easily one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I had the privilege back about 5 years ago at  the world finals NC. To carry the NY flag with Gary. I chatted with him  The whole time. I called him a legend. He just chuckled.  Great guy. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tortelvis said:

Gary is easily one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I had the privilege back about 5 years ago at  the world finals NC. To carry the NY flag with Gary. I chatted with him  The whole time. I called him a legend. He just chuckled.  Great guy. 

Agreed. Always a gentleman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary is very underrated....he has always been a front runner if he had even good equipment, not the best. When he got his opportunity in first class stuff, he did nothing more than win a sds title. He wouldn’t say it, but he is far more capable today than some of the guys who continue to land rides ....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the compliments! I would love to be back at LOLR next year full time, but it comes down to money, as it always does. I've been very fortunate to be able to race all of these years because of the generosity of others, and hopefully we can continue that next year! 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gary tomkins said:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the compliments! I would love to be back at LOLR next year full time, but it comes down to money, as it always does. I've been very fortunate to be able to race all of these years because of the generosity of others, and hopefully we can continue that next year! 

Hope it works out for you Gary!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Tomkins is always a gentleman???

Bullshit. A gentleman doesn't light up the tires on his race car to intentionally throw mud in the face of an unsuspecting person who was standing on the edge of the track waiting for cars to pass so he could cross over to the infield.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Gary Tomkins is always a gentleman???

Bullshit. A gentleman doesn't light up the tires on his race car to intentionally throw mud in the face of an unsuspecting person who was standing on the edge of the track waiting for cars to pass so he could cross over to the infield.

I meant with the ladies :giverose:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Gary Tomkins is always a gentleman???

Bullshit. A gentleman doesn't light up the tires on his race car to intentionally throw mud in the face of an unsuspecting person who was standing on the edge of the track waiting for cars to pass so he could cross over to the infield.

Now picture this scenario, the mods are out packing the track at Charlotte. As I come down the back stretch I see Bob Miller standing at the opening just before turn 3 waiting to cross. Now would any of the DTDer's be mad at me if I just happened to gas my car a little, throw it sideways and cover him in clay????  I know a lot of people that witnessed that first hand thought it was quite funny!!!! And isn't racing entertainment?? Who wouldn't be entertained by that?????

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gary tomkins said:

Now picture this scenario, the mods are out packing the track at Charlotte. As I come down the back stretch I see Bob Miller standing at the opening just before turn 3 waiting to cross. Now would any of the DTDer's be mad at me if I just happened to gas my car a little, throw it sideways and cover him in clay????  I know a lot of people that witnessed that first hand thought it was quite funny!!!! And isn't racing entertainment?? Who wouldn't be entertained by that?????

The only downside to this, is that it was the video guy. Which means there’s probably no video of this. That would be a fantastic replay clip for DV to air!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, BobMiller said:

Gary Tomkins is always a gentleman???

Bullshit. A gentleman doesn't light up the tires on his race car to intentionally throw mud in the face of an unsuspecting person who was standing on the edge of the track waiting for cars to pass so he could cross over to the infield.

I would love to have seen that on video lmao 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gary tomkins said:

Now picture this scenario, the mods are out packing the track at Charlotte. As I come down the back stretch I see Bob Miller standing at the opening just before turn 3 waiting to cross. Now would any of the DTDer's be mad at me if I just happened to gas my car a little, throw it sideways and cover him in clay????  I know a lot of people that witnessed that first hand thought it was quite funny!!!! And isn't racing entertainment?? Who wouldn't be entertained by that?????

Thank You Gary lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leakin_fluids said:

Some people pay a spa a lot of money to get covered in mud... 

I don't have many friends at that income level.

On 11/11/2019 at 6:02 PM, gary tomkins said:

 I know a lot of people that witnessed that first hand thought it was quite funny!!!! 

You had the back stretch flagger almost wetting his pants from laughing so hard, once I explained we were friends. He wasn't very happy when you did it at first though, because he got doused too.

13 hours ago, jumper12a said:

The only downside to this, is that it was the video guy. Which means there’s probably no video of this. That would be a fantastic replay clip for DV to air!

The only thing that would have been funnier is if it were a DIRT official. We can arrange this if you want and I'll make sure tape is rolling. :D

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.















×
×
  • Create New...